Stephen Cluxton

Started by Tommo2, September 18, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Parkinson had plenty to say on it. Doesn't seem to have much love for Cluxton.

caprea

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 08, 2021, 09:55:09 PM
Glen Whelan never retired from playing for Ireland.

Cluxton is doing the same!

He's not doing the same. Whelan stopped getting picked. Cluxton has walked away, told the manager as much, wants to keep it private beyond those within the Dublin setup.

TheGreatest

Quote from: trailer on July 08, 2021, 10:09:09 PM

It was no bother to Scruff taking the dollar to play for  Parnells, Scruff has a chip with everyone. Cluxton didn't like that all the mercs were joining the senior team, he probably did not like scruff and all the other blow ins.

TheGreatest

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 09, 2021, 07:56:51 AM

It was no bother to Scruff taking the dollar to play for  Parnells, Scruff has a chip with everyone. Cluxton didn't like that all the mercs were joining the senior team, he probably did not like scruff and all the other blow ins.

And now i that recollect, i believe he dropped down to the Inter team during that period because of it. Lots in Parnells were not happy with was going on, bet you scruff didnt mention any of that on his podcast

Louther

I would imagine that Cluxton has as much respect or time for Parkinson as the man on the moon. Was well known the carry on in Parnells at the time and Parkinson and his like at the time had no interest in the club for the money and cushy jobs. Half of them only played round the championship and even disappeared to USA for the summers. He has some neck on him critiquing any player for not showing up.

thejuice

Trying to remember who played in goals for Dublin between John O'Leary and Cluxton. I'm sure there must have been one or two.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

dublin7

Quote from: thejuice on July 09, 2021, 04:10:09 PM
Trying to remember who played in goals for Dublin between John O'Leary and Cluxton. I'm sure there must have been one or two.

Davy Byrne had a short spell as keeper under Tommy Carr. He had been the sub keeper behind John O'Leary.

Cluxton actually made his debut as Davy was injured. Tommy left out Cluxton for the Leinster Final to bring back Davy Byrne and he dropped a high ball for Meath to score a goal that was the difference between the teams (Dubs threw that game away) Following season Cluxton was No.1 and has been ever since

shark

Quote from: dublin7 on July 09, 2021, 04:24:28 PM

Davy Byrne had a short spell as keeper under Tommy Carr. He had been the sub keeper behind John O'Leary.

Cluxton actually made his debut as Davy was injured. Tommy left out Cluxton for the Leinster Final to bring back Davy Byrne and he dropped a high ball for Meath to score a goal that was the difference between the teams (Dubs threw that game away) Following season Cluxton was No.1 and has been ever since

Think Byrne was in goals when Westmeath beat Dublin in 2004. Or maybe it was someone else. Cluxton was suspended.

Gael85

Quote from: shark on July 09, 2021, 04:31:32 PM

Think Byrne was in goals when Westmeath beat Dublin in 2004. Or maybe it was someone else. Cluxton was suspended.

Brian Murphy was in goal for Dublin v Westmeath.  He played minor for Kerry in 94. Transferred to Naomh Barrog in the  early noughties .

Gael85

David Byrne played in goal in 98-01. He managed Ratoath in Meath for a couple years.

shark

Quote from: Gael85 on July 09, 2021, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: shark on July 09, 2021, 04:31:32 PM

Brian Murphy was in goal for Dublin v Westmeath.  He played minor for Kerry in 94. Transferred to Naomh Barrog in the  early noughties .

Ah yes. That name rings a bell.

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 09, 2021, 07:56:51 AM

Oh the irony of Cluxton not liking the mercs in his club.

No bother with it when playing for Dublin.

Hound

Parnells very similar to Kildare alright the way they wasted their money. Both wasted huge money looking for shortcuts and failed badly. At least both are on the right track now