Stephen Cluxton

Started by Tommo2, September 18, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Does anyone kno why Cluxton decided not to stay for the presentation or celebrations with the other Dublin players after the game. You would think he missed the free at the end rather than being the match winner. Strange!!!

gerry

he's up early for work tomorrow
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

GalwayBayBoy

Thinks he might have left the gas on.

Oak Leafer

Have spent the last 20 mins trying to get my head around it....they say he's claustrophobic but man never cracked a smile when final whistle went. I know apart from his frees and great catch it wasnt his best game.
What has he done in past when they won Leinsters? And crowd were allowed on

clarshack

cant mind if he has went out to australia to play in the compromise rules but surely if he's claustraphobic he'll not get on a plane?

stephenite

From kicking Oisin (I think?) in the hole and having his kick out strategy derided over the years, I have t say that I'm delighted for the guy, he's around a hell of a long time and deserves his All Ireland medal.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Oak Leafer on September 18, 2011, 05:48:25 PM
Have spent the last 20 mins trying to get my head around it....they say he's claustrophobic but man never cracked a smile when final whistle went. I know apart from his frees and great catch it wasnt his best game.
What has he done in past when they won Leinsters? And crowd were allowed on
Noticed that myself - thought it was strange! 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sawel

He seems to be stacks of craic!!!
Saw a glimpse of the Kerry team going down the tunnel after the game and he was along with them wearing a Diesel T shirt.
Very strange, although an exceptional talent

Aaron Boone

It'd be more agoraphobia than claustraphobia.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Think he got word that Jason Mc Ateer was in Gills and he wanted to have a beer with him ;D

boojangles

Quote from: stephenite on September 18, 2011, 06:00:41 PM
From kicking Oisin (I think?) in the hole and having his kick out strategy derided over the years, I have t say that I'm delighted for the guy, he's around a hell of a long time and deserves his All Ireland medal.

+1

gallsman

Quote from: boojangles on September 18, 2011, 06:43:46 PM
Quote from: stephenite on September 18, 2011, 06:00:41 PM

+1

+2. Definitely deserved.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 18, 2011, 06:54:46 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 18, 2011, 06:13:27 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 18, 2011, 05:53:27 PM
cant mind if he has went out to australia to play in the compromise rules but surely if he's claustraphobic he'll not get on a plane?
You could take some extra-drowsy sleeping pills and relaxants to deal with that. Can't really do the same in the middle of Croke Park!
Sorry, what I was supposed to say was that you could take some extra-drowsy sleeping pills, relaxants, or anything else that's available among the Dublin supporters to deal with that. Can't really do the same in the same in the middle of Croke Park!

Well done to Cluxo though, a very quiet person who doesn't seem to make much fuss about himself.

My recollection is that he doesn't put himself forward for selection for the trips to Australia.

Real pressure free at the end. Fair play to him for nailing it. The best goalkeeper of his era undoubtedly. My only gripe would be that the referee simply didn't add on anything like an appropriate amount of time to compensate for the time he wasted coming up for, and kicking, the free.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

SHEEDY

delighted for cluxton and alan brogan. fully deserved after years of being nearly men.
nil satis nisi optimum