All-Ireland SFC Quarter Final Mayo v Cork

Started by RedandGreenSniper, July 24, 2011, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

It'll be Cork, Kildare or Limerick as things stand. Who do we want? Would like to measure ourselves against Kildare myself.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Jinxy

Kildare would moider ya!
It's Limerick or bye-bye I'm afraid.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Have a feeling Mayo will get Limerick. We got Cork last year if Mayo get them it would be interesting to see can they do better than our 9 point defeat?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mannix

Mayo should be thinking one game at a time and try to get the tactics right on the day. Cork or Kildare are two good teams and limerick are not exactly poor,(1.18) against a Leinster finalist that could easily have won Leinster. No easy ones left, London were supposedly an easy one and look how that worked out!

orangeman

Is it not time to get rid of this rule that you can't meet a team that have already beaten you, especially for the quarter finals anyway ?

borderfox

I Guess that it will be as follows;

Kerry v Tyrone/ Roscommon
Dublin v Limerick
Donegal v Kildare
Mayo v Cork

Semis will be Tyrone v Cork and Dublin v Kildare

Ill let you know who the finalists will be  later.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on July 24, 2011, 05:23:19 PM
Is it not time to get rid of this rule that you can't meet a team that have already beaten you, especially for the quarter finals anyway ?

That isn't the rule, the rule is that you can't meet whoever you played in the Provincial final in the Quarter Final

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 24, 2011, 05:51:03 PM

That isn't the rule, the rule is that you can't meet whoever you played in the Provincial final in the Quarter Final

Ok - what about getting rid of this rule then ?.

So if Tyrone were to beat Roscommon then, why have them isolated from Mayo in the draw ?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: orangeman on July 24, 2011, 05:52:56 PM

So if Tyrone were to beat Roscommon then, why have them isolated from Mayo in the draw ?

Looking for a soft draw, are ya? The bleedin' cheek of ya!

orangeman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 24, 2011, 06:23:07 PM

I didn't say that ! LOL But Mayo would be a good draw and calling a spade a spade, they are being seen as the soft draw.

ross4life

Quote from: orangeman on July 24, 2011, 06:25:04 PM

I didn't say that ! LOL But Mayo would be a good draw and calling a spade a spade, they are being seen as the soft draw.

So far Tyrone got a out of sorts Armagh team & two teams that came out of Div 4, TBH no Tyrone fan can complain if they get Kerry or Dublin in the QFS
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

orangeman

Quote from: ross4life on July 24, 2011, 06:44:27 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 24, 2011, 06:25:04 PM

So far Tyrone got a out of sorts Armagh team & two teams that came out of Div 4, TBH no Tyrone fan can complain if they get Kerry or Dublin in the QFS

Tyrone have to beat Roscommon if they are to even get into the quarter final. So let's not out the cart before the horse.

Farrandeelin

So it's Cork... Mayo to be 'Lambs to the Slaughter'. :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo to be favourites. We are the unbeaten team after all.

orangeman

So the semis will be :

Kerry v Cork
Dublin v Donegal

Final : Cork v Dublin ??