Tommy Walsh - Kerry

Started by Jinxy, July 02, 2011, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I remember Sean Davey ploughing him out of it in a qualifier game in Tralee and Walsh not being too interested in the game after that.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

nothingbettertobeat

I heard talk down under that he said he won't be back until Joe McMahon retires after the trouble he had breathing outa Big Joeys Back Pocket relating back to the 2008 All Ireland Final. I could be wrong though...
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

ludermor

Hardy

I suppose Joe actually is big by Tyrone standards.

Jinxy

Nordies are always calling people 'Big'.
The perfect example is 'Big Dick' Clerkin who isn't particularly tall or strongly built.
Wait a minute......

5 Sams

Quote from: Jinxy on March 27, 2012, 08:54:50 PM
Nordies are always calling people 'Big'.
The perfect example is 'Big Dick' Clerkin who isn't particularly tall or strongly built.
Wait a minute......

Term of endearment..."Bout ye big lad?".....no matter what size you are
The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

I've never heard anyone refer to Big Danny Hughes.
Maybe no one likes him.

Orchardman

To be fair to clerkin i have read in many of his interviews that he got a reputation as a big hard man for some reason, and couldn't understand it as he was only 6 foot and small by midfield standards.

Danny hughes is tiny, but seems to have lived in the gym the last few years just to get a pair of guns.

As for tommy walsh, lot of lads here giving him a hard time. Talking about him being raw at gaa, he played 2 years of senior football and played in all ireland finals both years, how many players aren't raw at 19? for people to talk to talk about him getting cleaned out in minor is really clutching at straws. Big joe did well on him that day, but would he do it if they met another 3 or 4 times?

Jinxy

Quote from: Orchardman on March 27, 2012, 09:46:05 PM
To be fair to clerkin i have read in many of his interviews that he got a reputation as a big hard man for some reason, and couldn't understand it as he was only 6 foot and small by midfield standards.

Danny hughes is tiny, but seems to have lived in the gym the last few years just to get a pair of guns.

As for tommy walsh, lot of lads here giving him a hard time. Talking about him being raw at gaa, he played 2 years of senior football and played in all ireland finals both years, how many players aren't raw at 19? for people to talk to talk about him getting cleaned out in minor is really clutching at straws. Big joe did well on him that day, but would he do it if they met another 3 or 4 times?

If he had his big beard, yes.

HeaveHo

Tommy made his first team debut for Sydney yesterday. Did a reasonable job without starring. Might have trouble keeping his place when Adam Goodes et al are fit again but he did enough to get another go next week.

AZOffaly

Quote from: HeaveHo on May 20, 2012, 08:50:10 AM
Tommy made his first team debut for Sydney yesterday. Did a reasonable job without starring. Might have trouble keeping his place when Adam Goodes et al are fit again but he did enough to get another go next week.

Did he score a couple of goals?

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2012, 09:09:35 AM
Quote from: HeaveHo on May 20, 2012, 08:50:10 AM

Did he score a couple of goals?

Aye scored a couple - the team they were playing were rubbish - kicking in match.