Ballad group Killyclogher
Novelty act Eglish
SetDancing Killyclogher
Quiz Trillick

What happened to St Endas?
Whats another year .............

Oldira

Quote from: GAAsupporter on February 24, 2010, 09:30:50 PM
I was at the Tyrone Final and it was a great night.

a
No Ulster winners this year! Argh!  :'( I thought the Instrumental group and Novelty act would do well... also crosserlough set dancers. They were amazing in Ulster.  :) I was very shocked when i heard the results.  ???
Comment back.... lol.

Can you remember the questions from the quiz?

GAAsupporter

Quote"What about the Eglish Novelty act, what's the gist of the story, is it funny?"

It is about 2 workmen and they are fed up wiv da recession and there is an ATM bank machine so they steal it and sit on it cuz after they steal it a women comes in looking for it to get money out and all she see's is a "Hole in the Wall" and they act wile funny, like their panicking incase they get caught, and tell her she should come earlier and ova things and she asks where is the nearest one and they hand her £20 and say a long way off.
Then a priest comes and a police man and they sortof do the same but one of the workmen jumps in2 a bin (that is a prop) wiv da money so they won't get caught wiv the money. And the other workman has to lie to them and he trys to get them away ASAP. Its funi!  :P
But the ending is class..... 2 binmen come in and their about to take da bins.... and the ova work man trys to distract them and the man in the bin keeps popping up and tells him wat to say... but the binmen don't listen and leave wiv the bin the man is in...... but then he pops up out of the other bin!!  :D I dnt actually now how they did that...  ???

Props were class..... 2 bins, a fake JCB digger, an ATM and a wall thing where the ATM was. The peoples acting was unreal! they were amazing!
Are ye well?

GAAsupporter

Regarding the questions to the quiz......  :-\

I can only remember a few.... but overall the quiz was "easyish". I didn't really pay attention to it... lol.

The general knowledge question was something like... In Fermanagh where is there a religious 2 sided figure? The answer was Boa Island. Another was in relation to Iris Robinson and they wanted to know in a film (i forget the name but it was in the 1960's) who played the younger boy that the woman had a relationship wiv.

The G.A.A question was like.... Who won the First All Ireland with the new Sam Maguire Cup.  Another was.... There was an All Ireland Final (or something) in New York (or somewhere) and they wanted to know who won it.

Irish History.... What organisation someman was apart off. Another was.... something to do with the Home Rule and they asked a question relating to that.

The Irish question was like.... (In English) What was the score in the Mc Kenna Cup Final between Tyrone and Donegal.
Thats all i remember!  ::)
Are ye well?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Was at a qualifier round of the Scór there tonight. When I was listening to the solo singers, it really struck me what a waste of time those crap reality TV shows like the All Ireland Tlanet Show really are. Far more talent and better entertainment available up and down the country in parish halls in the Scór. The GAA really has something to be proud of in the Scór.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

jen83

Results from the Westmeath Senior scór finals held on Saturday 27th Feb are as follows

Figure-Dancing: Mullingar Shamrocks
Solo singing Katie McCarthy - Mullingar Shamrocks
Instrumental music: Bunbrosna
Recitation : Hugo Slevin – St Josephs
Ballad group: Ballycomoyle
Questiontime: Mullingsr Shamrocks
Novelty act : Mullingar Shamrocks
SetDancing: Bunbrosna
Whats another year .............

turk

Quote from: GAAsupporter on February 26, 2010, 07:07:44 PM
Regarding the questions to the quiz......  :-\

I can only remember a few.... but overall the quiz was "easyish". I didn't really pay attention to it... lol.

The general knowledge question was something like... In Fermanagh where is there a religious 2 sided figure? The answer was Boa Island. Another was in relation to Iris Robinson and they wanted to know in a film (i forget the name but it was in the 1960's) who played the younger boy that the woman had a relationship wiv.

The G.A.A question was like.... Who won the First All Ireland with the new Sam Maguire Cup.  Another was.... There was an All Ireland Final (or something) in New York (or somewhere) and they wanted to know who won it.

Irish History.... What organisation someman was apart off. Another was.... something to do with the Home Rule and they asked a question relating to that.

The Irish question was like.... (In English) What was the score in the Mc Kenna Cup Final between Tyrone and Donegal.
Thats all i remember!  ::)

Couple of hard ones in there!!

gaa_phil

Any word on how the Down Scór final went last night?

Newbridge Exile

Competed in the Scor Quiz last night for the first time since the Junior Scor nearly 20 years ago , We finished third ,4 behind the winners and 2 behind the runners up

Questions as follows

Individual
1) Who are the sponsors of the Donegal Senior Football team
2) What was the profession of Michael Cusack
3) What is the middle Island of the Aran Islands called
4) Which County other than Fermanagh has never won a senior provincial title in either code
5)Which King instigated the Ulster Plantations of the 1600's
6) Who resigned as the Defence Minister in the Republic recently
7) Who was the 2009 young footballer of the year
8)What was the name of the book that John Mitchell wrote whilst in jail
9) What is the name of the fictional location that many of Brian Friels plays were set in

Team Questions

1) Which County was historically the fifth provence of Ireland
2) ( Irish Question) Who is the Tipperary Senior Football Manager
3) How many Ulster Counties have the red hand on their crest
4) Where were Gaelic posts erected recently for the first time ever

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 01, 2010, 10:23:29 PM
Competed in the Scor Quiz last night for the first time since the Junior Scor nearly 20 years ago , We finished third ,4 behind the winners and 2 behind the runners up

Questions as follows

Individual
1) Who are the sponsors of the Donegal Senior Football team McEniff's Hotel?
2) What was the profession of Michael Cusack Teacher
3) What is the middle Island of the Aran Islands called Aran Mor
4) Which County other than Fermanagh has never won a senior provincial title in either code Wicklow
5)Which King instigated the Ulster Plantations of the 1600's James I
6) Who resigned as the Defence Minister in the Republic recently Willie O'Dea
7) Who was the 2009 young footballer of the year Michael Murphy
8)What was the name of the book that John Mitchell wrote whilst in jail Don't name Newry after me
9) What is the name of the fictional location that many of Brian Friels plays were set in Ballybeg

Team Questions

1) Which County was historically the fifth provence of Ireland Meath (Was a question in our first round - got it then in my defence!)
2) ( Irish Question) Who is the Tipperary Senior Football Manager John Evans (Had to thinka bout that - mightn't have got it under pressure)
3) How many Ulster Counties have the red hand on their crest 2? Monaghan and Tyrone?
4) Where were Gaelic posts erected recently for the first time ever Landsdowne Road?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 02, 2010, 12:56:21 AM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 01, 2010, 10:23:29 PM

Questions as follows

Individual
1) Who are the sponsors of the Donegal Senior Football team McEniff's Hotel? Donegal Creameries
2) What was the profession of Michael Cusack Teacher
3) What is the middle Island of the Aran Islands called Aran MorInis Meain
4) Which County other than Fermanagh has never won a senior provincial title in either code Wicklow
5)Which King instigated the Ulster Plantations of the 1600's James IJames II
6) Who resigned as the Defence Minister in the Republic recently Willie O'Dea
7) Who was the 2009 young footballer of the year Michael Murphy
8)What was the name of the book that John Mitchell wrote whilst in jail Don't name Newry after meThe Jail Journal
9) What is the name of the fictional location that many of Brian Friels plays were set in Ballybeg

Team Questions

1) Which County was historically the fifth provence of Ireland Meath (Was a question in our first round - got it then in my defence!)
2) ( Irish Question) Who is the Tipperary Senior Football Manager John Evans (Had to thinka bout that - mightn't have got it under pressure)
3) How many Ulster Counties have the red hand on their crest 2? Monaghan and Tyrone?4- Monaghan , Tyrone, Cavan , Antrim
4) Where were Gaelic posts erected recently for the first time ever Landsdowne Road? Trinity College
[/q
Not bad at all, My individual questions were the first three, got Cusack but went for Inis Mor and Mceniffs Hotel for the other two
We got Meath and Trinity College, hadnt a baldy on John Evans and went for 2 red hand counties also

Billys Boots

Quote4) Where were Gaelic posts erected recently for the first time ever Landsdowne Road? Trinity College

Well, I watched a gaelic football match in College Park in 1992 - I remember Trevor Giles was playing on the day.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2010, 08:57:07 AM
Quote4) Where were Gaelic posts erected recently for the first time ever Landsdowne Road? Trinity College

Well, I watched a gaelic football match in College Park in 1992 - I remember Trevor Giles was playing on the day.

Trinity College gets first set of GAA goalposts
Print Email+ Share+ 15/01/2010 - 08:21:41
History has been made at Dublin's Trinity College with the instillation of a set of GAA goalposts at College Park allowing Gaelic games to be played on the city centre campus for the first time in its 418-year history.

GAA members in the college have relied on the generosity of the Clanna Gael Fontenoy and Parnells GAA clubs in recent years for training facilities.

Trinity GAA Officer Eoin Vaughan said: "It's brilliant news for the college to have a set of goalposts in place to play Gaelic games in our city centre campus."

"GAA has always had an important part to play in college life, and anything we can do to make life easier for students by having a GAA facility on campus is a welcome bonus.

"We have 400 students involved in gaelic games in the college at the moment, and hopefully the addition of this training facility will boost us in our quest for success this year."

In 1879 the first meeting of the Irish Hurling union was held in House 17 of Botany Bay in Trinity College. Edward Carson played in a game in 1877.

The GAA did not take root in Trinity until the 1950s. The GAA's strong association with the Catholic Church, its ban of foreign games and the Catholic church barring their members attending college, all inhibited the development of Gaelic games.

The name most associated with the foundation of GAA in Trinity is Colm Kennelly who went on to become a Kerry All- Ireland star in 1953 and 1954.

The recent arrival of GAA goalposts for use in College park is further evidence of the growth of Gaelic games within the college.

The college handballers won All Ireland honours in the 40 by 20 intervarsities in Tralee recently and the ladies gaelic footballers have qualified for the final of their division of the league.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/trinity-college-gets-first-set-of-gaa-goalposts-442002.html#ixzz0h1Pq0pgL

Billys Boots

QuoteHistory has been made at Dublin's Trinity College with the instillation of a set of GAA goalposts at College Park allowing Gaelic games to be played on the city centre campus for the first time in its 418-year history.

Well I know I wasn't dreaming (in 1992) and I wasn't alone watching it.  As far as I remember it was an intervarsity-match - where did Giles go to College?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2010, 02:30:42 PM
QuoteHistory has been made at Dublin's Trinity College with the instillation of a set of GAA goalposts at College Park allowing Gaelic games to be played on the city centre campus for the first time in its 418-year history.

Well I know I wasn't dreaming (in 1992) and I wasn't alone watching it.  As far as I remember it was an intervarsity-match - where did Giles go to College?
UCD I think