Wee James Is The New Down Manager

Started by Cúig huaire, July 28, 2009, 11:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

As the Irish News says this morning, Brian McIver. With a good background team He would be a good choice.

stephenite

behind the wire

Brian McIvor would not be a bad shout. i would like them to approach colm o'rourke to see if he would be interested.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

imagine

Quote from: behind the wire on July 29, 2009, 09:20:46 AM
Brian McIvor would not be a bad shout. i would like them to approach colm o'rourke to see if he would be interested.

And give up the Sunday Game?

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

020304 Tir Eoghain

How do the Down supporters rate Paddy Tally after this year? Do you reckon he should shoulder some of the
blame for the teams poor championship showings?
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Leo

Mickey Moran; he's managed everywhere else and must get a result some time!
Fierce tame altogether

thebandit

Aidan O'Rourke, he has intercounty managerial experience.

Hardy

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 29, 2009, 12:35:14 AM

spell two consecutive words correctly [/b]

That's Harsh

Well done

orangeman

NaomhBridAbú

The Down County Board have excelled yet again - 'be careful what you wish for' springs to mind here.
In my opinion Ross Carr should have been given one final year - whoever takes over as manager of Down will have to deal with the same pool of players, the same 'jobs for the boys' county board and the same negativity from down fans, who only 5/6 games ago were praising the down team, as the next best thing...
When Down beat Tyrone last year, i was one of the Tyrone fans who had a niggling feeling that Micky Harte had run his course - there were more exaggerated views than this towards Micky and as the season progressed, with poor performances against Wastmeath adn Mayo, the number of people calling for his removal increased - how wrong the average fan is....

Same as now - I have never managed a team at any level, but by the sounds of the Down fans here, they are all fairly experienced with team/man/player/ego management.

I am sad to see Carr go - and whilst the 'who's next' campiagn continues at a pace, I hope that he will be remembered for his on-field and off-field contribution to your county
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

T Fearon

Derek Davis. He is the most recent winner of an All Ireland with a Down team. :D

mournerambler

Quote from: T Fearon on July 29, 2009, 10:51:05 AM
Derek Davis. He is the most recent winner of an All Ireland with a Down team. :D

Er, I think it was Glasdrumman that he one celebrity bainestoir with & not Down ;D ;D ;D

down6061689194

Glasdrumman are a down team surely?

Wee James seems the obvious choice.

haranguerer

i think mebbe just a few years earlier than wee james himself would like. McIver would be a great option. any odds on him yet?