Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localexpert

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 24, 2021, 10:13:06 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 24, 2021, 09:13:05 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on October 24, 2021, 07:27:02 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 24, 2021, 05:34:27 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 24, 2021, 04:54:05 PM
Thought Eannetta gave the Fianna a few soft frees towards the end there.

He gave Carmen two soft frees also but they missed them

Not at the game I was at??? Explain please.

Your no13 Daly had 2 free kicks in last 5 minutes and both never made it. The first one was dubious decision

The second one was a 45. But doubt let the truth get in way of your narrative

You're like a man that's gonna blame the referee for your defeat?

OurKid

Another weekend of entertaining club championship. Interesting from Carrickmore to start OAP Barry Daly, he's that old I bet he doesn't even buy the green bananas anymore.

Under Lights

Big Collapse from Greencastle in Championship and League. Hammered by Aghyaran at home yesterday. This means that Aghyaran can lose on of their last four games and still win the league on the head to head basis.
Looks like Greencastle will be in Division 2 again next year, along with the four that come down from senior its going to be a very strong division.

Tyrone95

Quote from: OurKid on October 24, 2021, 11:53:52 PM
Another weekend of entertaining club championship. Interesting from Carrickmore to start OAP Barry Daly, he's that old I bet he doesn't even buy the green bananas anymore.
In fairness to barry he won a good few ball in the first half before coming off injured it seemed. Very sickening feeling knowing that Coalisland was there for the taking, referee wasn't the losing of the game but it was evident that a 4 point lead wasn't enough of a lead playing against that breeze. Coalisland were able to knock off frees from 40,50 yards in the second half and that was the winning of the game. Live and learn - no doubt there is a Championship in our group of players but its like anything it will take time for younger boys to find their feet

rrhf

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 25, 2021, 07:19:20 AM
Quote from: OurKid on October 24, 2021, 11:53:52 PM
In fairness to barry he won a good few ball in the first half before coming off injured it seemed. Very sickening feeling knowing that Coalisland was there for the taking, referee wasn't the losing of the game but it was evident that a 4 point lead wasn't enough of a lead playing against that breeze. Coalisland were able to knock off frees from 40,50 yards in the second half and that was the winning of the game. Live and learn - no doubt there is a Championship in our group of players but its like anything it will take time for younger boys to find their feet
Correct statement no buts needed...

kickitin

Quote from: 03,05,08 on October 22, 2021, 01:10:45 PM
Quote from: kickitin on October 22, 2021, 11:27:24 AM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on October 21, 2021, 08:52:00 PM
2/5 Trillick 15/2 Killyclogher 5/2

2/9 Errigal 10/1 Loughmacrory 4/1

1/5 Dromore 11/1 Eglish 4/1

4/5 Carrickmore 6/1 Coalisland 11/8

serious odds for coalisland. can't get the hype around carmen beating them. not a chance

Stick to division 3

hello

kickitin

Quote from: 03,05,08 on October 22, 2021, 01:10:45 PM

serious odds for coalisland. can't get the hype around carmen beating them. not a chance

Stick to division 3

are u there????

kickitin

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 22, 2021, 04:47:42 PM

A wise man once said - Put your money where your mouth is. I think we will have a bit too much for this Coalisland team. They are certainly a team capable of turning it on though so won't be an easy affair by any stretch.

2/5 Trillick 15/2 Killyclogher 5/2 - Trillick AET

easiest money i ever made, only for dromore gettin an equaliser late on i would have had a lovely weekend. thank you sir

clubman21

Intermediate very interesting at the bottom, half the table not safe

clarshack

What's happened Greencastle? 2 real bad defeats for them in the last week. Didn't expect that.

scout

Imagine the league is over now as Aghyaran would have to not win 2 of their last 4 games, they should see it out. Moortown seem to be hitting form at the right time also.

clubman21

Quote from: scout on October 25, 2021, 10:50:10 AM
Imagine the league is over now as Aghyaran would have to not win 2 of their last 4 games, they should see it out. Moortown seem to be hitting form at the right time also.
[/Moortown league form great ahead of their semi final with Rock. Rock despite playing great football in the championship are in a scrap at the bottom with 4 losses on the bounce

Under Lights

Quote from: clarshack on October 25, 2021, 10:36:29 AM
What's happened Greencastle? 2 real bad defeats for them in the last week. Didn't expect that.

Collapse of the highest order. Two hammerings in a row. No sympathy here, few of their players weren't backward about running down other teams in interviews.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Localexpert on October 24, 2021, 11:25:24 PM

Your no13 Daly had 2 free kicks in last 5 minutes and both never made it. The first one was dubious decision

Although I do think the ref had an extremely poor game I don't think that's the reason we lost this game. Technically I think we got it all wrong. Why did it take us 20+ mins in the first half to push up on Coalisland and put their defence under pressure when they had the ball? When we did, we scored 4 points on the trot. In the second half we refused to kick the ball into our full forward line with the ball constantly going sidewards or backwards. Then with the game in the mix at the end with the ref giving handy scoreable frees to both teams we take our free taker off the field. Head scratching stuff. It was a game we should have won and hopefully our young players can learn and improve for next year.

Mikhailov

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 25, 2021, 01:20:26 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 24, 2021, 11:25:24 PM

Although I do think the ref had an extremely poor game I don't think that's the reason we lost this game. Technically I think we got it all wrong. Why did it take us 20+ mins in the first half to push up on Coalisland and put their defence under pressure when they had the ball? When we did, we scored 4 points on the trot. In the second half we refused to kick the ball into our full forward line with the ball constantly going sidewards or backwards. Then with the game in the mix at the end with the ref giving handy scoreable frees to both teams we take our free taker off the field. Head scratching stuff. It was a game we should have won and hopefully our young players can learn and improve for next year.

Fair play, at least you are now admitting that the referee gave handy free kicks to both teams. I have no interest in either team but the game I was at was expertly 'game managed' by the Fianna. They slowed it down when needed, got the scores when needed but Carmen must regret not really pushing high up the pitch when Fianna had only 14 men. The fact Fianna our scored Carmen 4-1 in that 10 minute tells its own story.
Tradition can only get you so far, new eras come and new teams come - Errigal and Carmen are finding that out over the last few years. EC may well win it this year but the hype train would have you think they should win the World Cup, The Ashes, Ulster Club etc every year.
Think it will be EC v Trillick in the final.