Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 26, 2013, 08:10:04 PM
It's a bit of a joke if there's no division 1 and 2 games this weekend. Why make clubs play crucial games towards the end of the season on Saturday when the county players weren't available and the give a free weekend this weekend when they are?
i imagine the reason is because of the minors playing this weekend, but as i have said before i think this is a nonsense.
Adult fixtures shouldnt grind to a halt due to the unavailablity of minors.
The other reason could be to try and improve the attendance at the junior championship games, which is another issue
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Beard

again county board have made a nonsense of fixtures but lets try and put that behind us lads, look forward to the club championship. really excited for it this year. been no real stand out team in senior league, coalisland started brightly but seemed to be going through rough patch now, dromore probably biggest point to prove but tough fixture against dunmoyle men first round. clonoe seem to flying under radar aswell.very difficult to call. can see ardboe being dark horses this year, less county distraction than usual, mcguigans on board.could be hard to stop

The Trap

I note the Moortown v Strabane game did not take place. Do Moortown get the points for this one? Same as Clonoe getting points when Trillick failed to show??

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Trap on August 27, 2013, 01:31:29 PM
I note the Moortown v Strabane game did not take place. Do Moortown get the points for this one? Same as Clonoe getting points when Trillick failed to show??

I believe that Moortown are getting the points, but don't quote me on that.

Re Strabane, I see they were due to play Donaghmore in the U21 QF. Both sides had issues with the game being on on a Friday evening a week or two back, so agreed to play on the Weds 5 days after that date. The County Board wouldn't accommodate the change so both teams got threw out for failing to field!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Trap

Noticed on the teamtalk website that Stewartstown drew with Pomeroy last night and Gareth Devlin top scored. Thought he got a straight red card a couple of weeks ago........anyone care to explain how that worked??????? Is this the wink wink nudge nudge disciplinary system in operation!!!!

nrico2006

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 27, 2013, 03:05:46 PM

Re Strabane, I see they were due to play Donaghmore in the U21 QF. Both sides had issues with the game being on on a Friday evening a week or two back, so agreed to play on the Weds 5 days after that date. The County Board wouldn't accommodate the change so both teams got threw out for failing to field!

I thought both Strabane and Moortown agreed to the game being called off.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

everymanaman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 28, 2013, 11:31:56 AM

Clubs can't just 'agree' to call games off at their own whim. From what I heard Strabane and Donaghmore left it until the day of the U21 game to say they were going to play the following Wednesday. The communication wasn't received until that evening with the result that the referee travelled to Strabane. Donaghmore has qualified for a quarter final without kicking a ball in the group stage. A referee also travelled from Strabane to Derrytresk recently for a reserve game which didn't take place due to the fact that the home team had 4 players.

clarshack

Quote from: The Trap on August 28, 2013, 11:23:52 AM
Noticed on the teamtalk website that Stewartstown drew with Pomeroy last night and Gareth Devlin top scored. Thought he got a straight red card a couple of weeks ago........anyone care to explain how that worked??????? Is this the wink wink nudge nudge disciplinary system in operation!!!!

basically the referee made a serious boo-boo in his report and gareth was cleared to play yesterday. there were no winks or nudges!

The Trap

Thanks Clarshack, that makes it all ok then  8) lol

clarshack

Quote from: The Trap on August 28, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

was a yellow card at most anyway imo. gareth's reputation got him sent off and not the actual offence itself.

supersarsfields

Quote from: everymanaman on August 28, 2013, 11:40:55 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 28, 2013, 11:31:56 AM

Clubs can't just 'agree' to call games off at their own whim. From what I heard Strabane and Donaghmore left it until the day of the U21 game to say they were going to play the following Wednesday. The communication wasn't received until that evening with the result that the referee travelled to Strabane. Donaghmore has qualified for a quarter final without kicking a ball in the group stage. A referee also travelled from Strabane to Derrytresk recently for a reserve game which didn't take place due to the fact that the home team had 4 players.

We had two games, (reserve and Senior) scheduled for a Friday night a few weeks ago. A game we had wanted changed, but it wasn't. So boys from Belfast got of early from work, boys changed part time work etc. then we all land down and no referee turned up for either game. We've been on to the County board to try and get a explanation or an apology and they haven't bothered their ass coming back to us.
Then they throw the Championship in at 6 days notice. Shows how important Division 3 is to the county board!! Complete joke.

blewuporstuffed

The U21 competition has become a complete joke IMO.
More games are conceded or not played that actually competitive games, alot of clubs have stopped entering it due to the farcical nature of it.
The sooner it returns to a straight knockout championship with all clubs involved , the better
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

everymanaman

Teams paid £450 to enter a competition and never kicked a ball

Rock n Roll

Quote from: clarshack on August 28, 2013, 12:25:25 PM
Quote from: The Trap on August 28, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

was a yellow card at most anyway imo. gareth's reputation got him sent off and not the actual offence itself.

If drawing your boot off a defender who is carrying the ball out of defence while Stewartstown were defending a one point lead in injury time is only a yellow card offence then I guess you're right Clarshack! Never mind the fact that if said referee had any balls Gareth and his nephew Cathal would have been sent off long before that incident for continually roaring and swearing the referees face!
If in doubt...get 'er out!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: everymanaman on August 28, 2013, 03:00:48 PM
Teams paid £450 to enter a competition and never kicked a ball
yeah, the thinking behind changing the format to league instead of knockout was to ensure clubs werent paying the £450 fee for just one game, but this hasnt solved anything it has just added more meaningless games to an already congested fixture list.
Surely its better having a competitive knockout competition than one that alot of clubs dont enter and that is made farcical by no shows and conceding of matches.
If the issue is the fee, it should be somehow incorporated with the adult fees and the u21s restructured as a competiton clubs actually WANT to take part in.