Donegal v Tyrone Sat 21st March 09

Started by never kickt a ball, March 15, 2009, 05:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Both teams need to win this for different reasons.

Obviously first name on the teamsheet

14 Conor Gormley

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tyrone Dreamer

I know I complain about Saturday night games generally but this one particular should be moved to the Sunday. Donegal and Tyrone arent going particularly well in the league and with the rugby on at 5.30 on Saturday night a lot of one's might be tempted to stay at home or go to the pub. We'll hopfully get to see a lot more of Brian McGuigan in this one and maybe even O'Neill to.

jodyb

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 15, 2009, 06:54:23 PM
Is this a Setanta match?

The only other saturday night matches are Meath V Monaghan and Laois V Fermanagh, so it could well be. I know that Tyrone V Derry the following week is definitely on Setanta

omagh_gael

anyone any ideas on the team? Will there be sweeping changes again? I'd like to see the two sean o neills get another run out, any chance of stevie o neill being ready? What was up with aiden cassidy that he didn't play against wmeath?

blewuporstuffed

cassidy was injured, but should make a return this week
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyroneboi

Harte makes seven Tyrone changes
Allianz NFL coverage on BBC Radio Ulster MW
Saturday, 21 March 1930 GMT and Sunday 22 March 1415
Both programmes live on BBC Sport Website

Mickey Harte's scraped victory over lowly Westmeath last weekend

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has made seven changes for Saturday's Allianz NFL Division 1 clash against Donegal.

John Devine returns in goal for Johnny Curran while PJ Quinn and fit-again Ciaran Gourley replace Martin Swift and injured Justin McMahon in defence.

Colin Holmes takes over from injured Enda McGinley in midfield.

In attack, Tommy McGuigan, Colm McCullagh and Aidan Cassidy replace Raymond Mulgrew, Niall Gormley and Shaun O'Neill for the Ballybofey game.

Gourley, having recovered from a knee injury, will make his first appearance of the season at corner-back.

Conor Gormley moves to full-back to deputise for McMahon, ruled out by a hamstring injury suffered in last weekend's victory over Westmeath.

Midfielder McGinley is out because of a hamstring injury sustained in Mullingar.

Donegal: (tba)

Tyrone: J Devine, PJ Quinn, C Gormley, C Gourley, D Harte, Sean O'Neill, P Jordan, K Hughes, C Holmes, C Cavanagh, O Mulligan, T McGuigan, C McCullagh, S Cavanagh, A Cassidy.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Interesting selection, but probably the best that could be mustered in the circumstances.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Setanta

Sat, Mar 21 NFL: Meath v Monaghan  LIVE
Sat, Mar 21 NFL: Donegal v Tyrone deferred

When does the deferred coverage start?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

What did yis make of Sean O'Neill at CHB last day out.
Was very impressed by this 2 points especially his 50.

Shaun looks lively too but he remind me of Mugsy (not just the hair) in that he always seems to be struggling to get away from his marker & make space for himself.
Mugsy used to annoy me with the silly wee runs he'd make taking 3 steps on way and then turn back the other back into his man.

Will Cassidy stay in at CF or will he come out to MF?
Presume the deferred coverage will start about 9pm?

C_Berg_316

Sean O'Neil definetly looks to be putting his hand up for a championship start.

I would say harte will mayb start with Cas and Cav inside in a two man full foward line - mc cullagh possibly coming out and given a 'free' role.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

Fear ón Srath Bán

And seven changes for Donegal too...

Donegal manager John Joe Doherty has reacted to last Sunday's defeat to Galway by making seven changes for tomorrow night's NFL clash with Tyrone.

Four of the changes are in defence where Johnny Gallagher, Charlie Byrne, Barry Monaghan and Michael Maguire replace Eamon McGee, Eoin Wade, Raymond Sweeney and Kevin Cassidy. Brendan Boyle, Stephen Griffin and Michael Doherty also return to the side to the exclusion of Leon Thompson, under 21 star Michael Murphy and Colm McFadden.

Donegal (SF v Tyrone): P Durcan; J Gallagher, N McGee, P McDaid; C Byrne, B Monaghan, M Maguire; B Boyle, C Toye; D Walsh, B Roper, R Kavanagh; C Dunne, S Griffin, M Doherty.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

Is anyone actually going to the game? With the decent weather I'd be hopeful of a competitive decent match. If Cavanagh and Cassidy stay inside it could give the potential for Tyrone to play the long ball in, although I think one of them will come out. Another 2 points and a win for Derry would leave Tyrone still in contention for a final place going into the last 2 games. However I think that its highly unlikely especially with our poor scoring difference.

gerry

i hope to take a spin down after work,  hopefully the weather keeps up as it should be a good game
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Games coming so thick and fast it's hard to keep up with what's on. Gourley getting a run out. O'Neill CHB will be very interesting. Hughes/Holmes.....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.