Hurling championship 2021

Started by seafoid, April 27, 2021, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on August 23, 2021, 01:12:42 PM
Thoughts on the Cian Lynch judo throw? I've seen lots of Dubs on Twitter, including barely literate ones like Johnny Magee, try to turn it into an "if that was John Small..." type story.

FWIW, I think Lunch was perfectly entitled to defend himself after having the hurley wrapped around his neck but his reaction was reckless, dangerous and could have severely injured his opponent. Red all day long for me.

Have you a clip of this?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Thoughts on the Cian Lynch judo throw? I've seen lots of Dubs on Twitter, including barely literate ones like Johnny Magee, try to turn it into an "if that was John Small..." type story.

FWIW, I think Lunch was perfectly entitled to defend himself after having the hurley wrapped around his neck but his reaction was reckless, dangerous and could have severely injured his opponent. Red all day long for me.

Definite red. It was a spear tackle and even in rugby would be a red. Very dangerous.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I thought it was the most dangerous thing I have seen in a while on a hurling pitch-risk of paralysing a man

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 01:33:42 PM

Have you a clip of this?

https://twitter.com/KeithGalvin/status/1429479128512835585?s=19

https://twitter.com/unstoppable124/status/1429751362951294984?s=19

imtommygunn

Does he do judo or whatever? If so then tbh that is seriously bad form. The guy shouldn't be at him yes but you can't be doing that. If you practise that stuff you are only supposed to ever use it for self defense.

TheGreatest

FWIW, I think Lynch was perfectly entitled to defend himself after having the hurley wrapped around his neck but his reaction was reckless, dangerous and could have severely injured his opponent. Red all day long for me.

Again point proven.

gallsman

That one was just for you, sweetie  :-*

seafoid

Does anyone know how much McManus has invested into this team ?

yellowcard

Quote from: seafoid on August 23, 2021, 03:27:28 PM
Does anyone know how much McManus has invested into this team ?

I doubt if that was ever disclosed but I'd say they are found wanting for nothing anyway. They have a massive backroom team on a par with Dublin footballers. I remember he gave €100k to every county in Ireland when Limerick won the AI a few years back.

Some will argue that it is different to Dublin in that the money is not given to Limerick by the GAA and you can't really argue with that. Limerick are just incredibly lucky to have a GAA mad wealthy financier who is capabale of funding the whole project. 

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2021, 02:16:25 PM
Does he do judo or whatever? If so then tbh that is seriously bad form. The guy shouldn't be at him yes but you can't be doing that. If you practise that stuff you are only supposed to ever use it for self defense.

Cork lad threw a bit of a forearm/hurl into his neck so initiated the incident. Not sure about the judo side of things, looks instinctive to grab the arm as he was falling himself to be a judo move but no expert on that side of things.

Two yellows were fine..

No talk about the potential penalty and sin binning of the Cork defender who just wrapped his arms around Guillane preventing a goal scoring opportunity??

imtommygunn

Not really much point in talking about incidents the other way lol.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2021, 04:26:08 PM

Cork were fúcked at that stage. A penalty and 10 minutes with 14 players would have proper fúcked them. I get that but the rules are the rules.

A lot of twitter chat about the handpass and TBH that does need looked at.

clonadmad

Quote from: johnnycool on August 23, 2021, 04:14:08 PM

Cork lad threw a bit of a forearm/hurl into his neck so initiated the incident. Not sure about the judo side of things, looks instinctive to grab the arm as he was falling himself to be a judo move but no expert on that side of things.

Two yellows were fine..

No talk about the potential penalty and sin binning of the Cork defender who just wrapped his arms around Guillane preventing a goal scoring opportunity??

https://twitter.com/woolberto/status/1429752057511268352?s=21

burdizzo

Quote from: johnnycool on August 23, 2021, 04:50:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2021, 04:26:08 PM

Cork were fúcked at that stage. A penalty and 10 minutes with 14 players would have proper fúcked them. I get that but the rules are the rules.

A lot of twitter chat about the handpass and TBH that does need looked at.

Yes, the handpass is a joke at this stage. Limerick lads - Cian Lynch, in particular - just throwing it the whole time. I think in the build-up to one of the Limerick scores there were four throws. Ridiculous.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 23, 2021, 04:14:08 PM

Two yellows were fine..

Not a 100% sure on the 'judo' claim two lads fouling each other.

No sin bin for me, it was about 5 yards in front of me, he didn't grab his jersey or pull his arms, he was just being a fecking nuisance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea