Previous topic - Next topic

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 05, 2020, 04:45:26 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 05, 2020, 03:02:29 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 05, 2020, 01:15:07 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on October 04, 2020, 05:01:13 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 04, 2020, 01:09:06 PM
Quote from: redzone on October 03, 2020, 09:42:14 PM
Omagh looking the minor final off tomorrow due to medical advice on some of their players . Doesn't sound good
Game off now
As far as I am heard neither panel has a positive case, 2 players from each panel were isolating because a classmate had tested positive.. I heard carmen we're willing play without their men and omagh point blank refused the co boards advice to play without theirs. Strange goings on hope both sets of players and management can refocus for next week with full selection of players. Kclogher next Saturday 3pm
Were carrickmore willing to play without the young lad who got sent off in the semi final or did they appeal as they felt he did nothing wrong and deserved to play in the final.
Yet they were willing to play without 2 lads who were isolating and also deserved a chance to play in the final.
The world seems a little unfair.
Maybe it depends who you are

Are you not following the news or just down right deluded? What's to say next week that god forbid both panels have actual covid cases and affects about 4/5/6 players? The GAA/health officials  today are already putting in place plans to postpone/ cancel all activities. Will probably suit omagh as they didn't intend playing much football anyway by the looks of it.

Did these teams not draw when they met in the league?

They did and on paper could be evenly matched but going by this weeks events there looked to be more than meets the eye
Could you please explain a bit more.
I dont understand what you're trying to say

Tyrone95

Quote from: In hiding on October 05, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
Omagh looking the minor final off tomorrow due to medical advice on some of their players . Doesn't sound good
Game off now
As far as I am heard neither panel has a positive case, 2 players from each panel were isolating because a classmate had tested positive.. I heard carmen we're willing play without their men and omagh point blank refused the co boards advice to play without theirs. Strange goings on hope both sets of players and management can refocus for next week with full selection of players. Kclogher next Saturday 3pm
Were carrickmore willing to play without the young lad who got sent off in the semi final or did they appeal as they felt he did nothing wrong and deserved to play in the final.
Yet they were willing to play without 2 lads who were isolating and also deserved a chance to play in the final.

Are you not following the news or just down right deluded? What's to say next week that god forbid both panels have actual covid cases and affects about 4/5/6 players? The GAA/health officials  today are already putting in place plans to postpone/ cancel all activities. Will probably suit omagh as they didn't intend playing much football anyway by the looks of it.

They did and on paper could be evenly matched but going by this weeks events there looked to be more than meets the eye
The unwillingness to take the field on Sunday because the managers son was in isolation and look what's happened today. Dromore had grin and bear losing Niall sludden to the same reason - omagh seem to make their own rules

GlenMan

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 05, 2020, 07:32:23 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 05, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
Game off now

The unwillingness to take the field on Sunday because the managers son was in isolation and look what's happened today. Dromore had grin and bear losing Niall sludden to the same reason - omagh seem to make their own rules

To be fair to them - other Minor & U16 games had been postponed due to 1/2 players isolating. They did point that out in their statement.

GetOverTheBar

It's a minor game lads. Hardly the be all and end all.

Could be worse, you could have to share the trophy.

Snapchap

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 06, 2020, 09:03:13 AM
It's a minor game lads. Hardly the be all and end all.

Could be worse, you could have to share the trophy.

I don't think, especially in the current climate, that anyone is suggesting is is the be all and end all; but the fact remains that in a footballing context, a Grade 1 Minor Championship title is a massive achievement for any ambitious club/young footballer. Hugely disappointing for the lads if it doesn't get finished up.

Onthe40

and the same can be said if the game was to go ahead with lads missing out through no fault of their own ???

Goals_Will_Come

Based on the rules that if the leagues aren't complete then they are declared null and void being applied to Junior. That should also mean Kildress stay in Junior as the rule states there will be no promotion for the Championship winner in the event the leagues haven't been completed.

GetOverTheBar

Jesus it would be cruel to deny Kildress promotion. Rules are rules and all...but common sense should surely prevail there.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 06, 2020, 12:49:10 PM
Jesus it would be cruel to deny Kildress promotion. Rules are rules and all...but common sense should surely prevail there.

I know it would be cruel on them but rules are rules - we cannot change it for one team

Taylor

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 06, 2020, 04:12:17 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on October 06, 2020, 12:43:41 PM
Based on the rules that if the leagues aren't complete then they are declared null and void being applied to Junior. That should also mean Kildress stay in Junior as the rule states there will be no promotion for the Championship winner in the event the leagues haven't been completed.

Based on the amended 2020 Tyrone CCC regulations, rule 11, that's correct. However rule 12 then also states...

Quote12. The winners of the Junior and Intermediate football championships will be promoted to Division 2 and Division 1, respectively, in the league for the 2021 season.

...you'd think some proofreading on these things would be done before publishing them.

So we have a chicken and egg situation.

Basically a shit show again  :-\

WT4E

Will this be club football done for the year then?

TabClear

Quote from: WT4E on October 14, 2020, 11:59:13 PM
Will this be club football done for the year then?

WTE, has Kildress received any clarification on what will happen if this is the case in terms of promotion? Its hard to see too many Junior league fixtures being fulfilled in November assuming that is permitted when the new restrictions are revisited!

An absolute nonsense the the Tones do not go up.

GetOverTheBar

I was told that's it. It's an insurance issue, the GAA will not permit anymore club activity this side of 2021.

To be honest, it makes sense but I hope the likes of Kildress get their reward. They are Junior Champions.

square_ball

Yeah kildress have to be promoted if common sense prevails.

It's all on the county board this though. Division 3 should have been wrapped up in the same timescale as the other 2 divisions.

Onthe40

agree totally. whilst it was overall a great few months of football considering the circumstances theres no excuse for not having div3 finished... there were weekends there were no games and clubs sitting idle