Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

larryin89

Fair play mayo88, I'd love to have your enthusiasm right now but you're right these lads representing our county are a special bunch of lads who are moving along nicely.  When I get inside croke park on sat I will roar on both the women and men like most of our support. 

But for now I'm fairly depressed for the simple reason with a full deck this year I think we could of killed them good and proper , cillian was massive obviously but to then take oisin out of the equation,  ffs does it ever fall like this for Dublin,  even their suspensions get lifted ffs .

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

larryin89

Mayo4Sam14

Any idea how many they're letting on the hill?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Captain Scarlet

On one hand, Mayo minus the all-time scorer, are 50/50 by this poll and it seems mad...on the other hand in the Leinster Final I was there and Dublin were doing things I haven't seen them do in the guts of a decade...

I do think they will up their game and probably didn't need to in Leinster but I don't know if they can flick a switch and just turn into the team we know they can be.

As stated here, if Mayo had everyone then I would really fancy them, but the hope will kill the #Mayo4Sam fans again. Dubs by 5+

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 13, 2021, 11:19:08 AM
On one hand, Mayo minus the all-time scorer, are 50/50 by this poll and it seems mad...on the other hand in the Leinster Final I was there and Dublin were doing things I haven't seen them do in the guts of a decade...

I do think they will up their game and probably didn't need to in Leinster but I don't know if they can flick a switch and just turn into the team we know they can be.

As stated here, if Mayo had everyone then I would really fancy them, but the hope will kill the #Mayo4Sam fans again. Dubs by 5+

Once again - the poll means nothing other than huge bias and hope.

rosnarun

If your serious about winning an All-ireland you have to be able to take that hard blows . like mullen and Cillian.
bth teams have lost alot of their experienced players so its a new Game
No Excuses .
Verdict mayo may have to win by 5 or more and force dublin out of their tika tacka soccer style game plan
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: rosnarun on August 13, 2021, 12:09:38 PM
If your serious about winning an All-ireland you have to be able to take that hard blows . like mullen and Cillian.
bth teams have lost alot of their experienced players so its a new Game
No Excuses .
Verdict mayo may have to win by 5 or more and force dublin out of their tika tacka soccer style game plan

+1

highorlow

QuoteVerdict mayo may have to win by 5 or more and force dublin out of their tika tacka soccer style game plan

Nail on the head. We've to replicate 2012 to win.

My fear is Horan might show too much respect for the Dubs in the first quarter and try and contain Dublin, it's a hard call though given our own fucked up start to matches. We might be as well off trying a blitz to start and try and get a lead going into the water break.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 13, 2021, 11:19:08 AM

It was pre Jim Gavin era stuff from Dublin against both Meath, Kildare.

The poll reflects what posters have seen with Dublin this year. Unsure waiting for them to click. Most Mayo supporters should know this semi final is there for them to win.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: highorlow on August 13, 2021, 01:11:37 PM
QuoteVerdict mayo may have to win by 5 or more and force dublin out of their tika tacka soccer style game plan

Nail on the head. We've to replicate 2012 to win.

My fear is Horan might show too much respect for the Dubs in the first quarter and try and contain Dublin, it's a hard call though given our own fucked up start to matches. We might be as well off trying a blitz to start and try and get a lead going into the water break.

Honestly I think it's the opposite. We may fear Horan being too naive and gung ho, but I can guarantee you there is not a single head in that Mayo camp with a single inch of fear of Dublin.

The Hill is Blue

Once again it's the Dubs and Mayo, and once again Mayo will be trying to get over a hurdle they have seldom managed since before the 1950s. Some people are saying the Dubs are there for the taking but I guess an amount of that is wishful thinking. Tomorrow will tell.

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

larryin89

I hope ye are right but the blow of losing Oisin is too big

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 13, 2021, 02:59:51 PM
Once again it's the Dubs and Mayo, and once again Mayo will be trying to get over a hurdle they have seldom managed since before the 1950s. Some people are saying the Dubs are there for the taking but I guess an amount of that is wishful thinking. Tomorrow will tell.

COYBIB

TV stations have to sell advertising, Newspapers have to be sold, tickets have to be sold. Interest has to be generated by a dying GAA.