?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

JoG2

Quote from: Real Talk on March 31, 2019, 10:37:25 PM
After all is said and done Derry went through the league unbeaten and you can't do any better than that.  We're not going to beat Tyrone but it would be good experience to add to the panel some of the more capable U20's and then get a bit of a run in the Qualifiers.

To be realistic JoG we really haven't too many "big hitters".   Ciaran McFall was missed yesterday to give us a bit of power and quality in the middle third.  Keenan played well and is gifted with a "second gear" and is a very competent tackler. All of them worked very hard both with and without the ball.

It will be a work in progress to improve our performances and then give Div 3 a rattle next year

C McK, BR, Lynn, Sukie, Tad, Mcfaul, Keenan all big hitters imo. A fair base to build on

tonesfirstandlast

Well done to the Derry boys on Saturday. They have a good wee team that will only get better. And they have the management to do it. I had a very good day out. It was made even better when I was standing outside the hotel and a county board man gave me a ticket for the Hard Coila for nothing. I never had a better seat ever. Another thing, get your money on Donegal for Ulster this year.

restorepride

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on April 01, 2019, 02:12:19 PM
Well done to the Derry boys on Saturday. They have a good wee team that will only get better. And they have the management to do it. I had a very good day out. It was made even better when I was standing outside the hotel and a county board man gave me a ticket for the Hard Coila for nothing. I never had a better seat ever. Another thing, get your money on Donegal for Ulster this year.
Are you related to Gregory Campbell? Mocking the Irish Language? Are you even from Bellaghy?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on April 01, 2019, 02:12:19 PM
Cant believe they let you into the posh part of the stadium!!

Glad you enjoyed it, I followed the game by text updates, radio and finally TV once i got home from hospital appt.
We will do our best but we are harmless enough, back to the naive team we were 10 years ago... go hard attacking but v a better side, we will not prevail.
The red arses will tank us.

Still think Tyrone will beat donegal.. I'm not convinced donegal can function say if Mickey harte assigns one of his many dark arts exponents  ( cheatin hoors) on Murphy...

toby47

How many teams go up/down in each division this year? Are there any play offs?

oakleaflad

Quote from: toby47 on April 03, 2019, 08:41:49 AM
2 up, 2 down. No playoffs. Whoever finishes first in league wins it also.

toby47

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 03, 2019, 12:55:39 PM

Cheers.

Anyone having a guess at teams Promoted/Relegated in each division?

Division 1A
Relegated
Dungiven
Banagher

Division 1B
Promoted
Newbridge
Kilrea

Relegated
Drumsurn
Castledawson

Division 2
Promoted
Slaughtmanus
Lissan

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: toby47 on April 03, 2019, 01:31:25 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on April 03, 2019, 12:55:39 PM

Cheers.

Anyone having a guess at teams Promoted/Relegated in each division?

Division 1A
Relegated
Dungiven
Banagher

Division 1B
Promoted
Newbridge
Kilrea

Relegated
Drumsurn
Castledawson

Division 2
Promoted
Slaughtmanus
Lissan
I hope you are right in terms of your promotion choices for 1b but the loss of Michael Bateson is a huge loss for us not just in terms of ability but of leadership also.
Also Drumsun could be a bit of a dark horse this year they have a lot of good young players coming through in the Rafferty's, McHugh,Woods and Murray

Keyser soze

Whats happened Micheal Bateson?

Newbridge Exile

He's had to retire due to injury  unfortunately ( hip problem I think ) we had a good win in our league opener  against the Dawson tonight , most encouraging thing  was the the age  profile of the team with about ten of the starters  being 23  or younger

theticklemister

Je lads no Craic on here today. Mon day buck.

Me da filled me in there. We had a good win at Glenullin with Concannon and McCarron playing well. Skinner got shown a red card for dissent. Glenullin finished with 12 with two late dismissals.

Newbridge Exile

Were they all straight reds ?big win for Claudy against Kilrea I see

theticklemister

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 07, 2019, 07:07:29 PM
Were they all straight reds ?big win for Claudy against Kilrea I see

Not sure lad. Me da said skinner's was as he said something to ref and when the game was up they lost two men to sheer frustration.  Aye that Claudy result was massive. Hard to believe about 5/6 years ago people thought Kilrea were to challenge for big honours. Two Steelstown players received black cards in first half also.

Past It

No red cards in Coleraine but plenty of actions worthy of a red. Coleraine man on his knees in 1st half  and Decky Bell hit him from behind. Thankfully just a badly swollen eye. 2bd half Daniel mckinless did same, hit decky mullan from behind and in the scuffle that followed bit Deckys finger, leaving a very nasty wound. Cowardly, criminal actions.

Estimator

Both teams had a good half and a poor half in Watty Park. Screen scored one point in the first half, Glen scored two points in the second half. There was a breeze, but I didn't think it was a significant factor. Screen closed the gap to 3pts at one stage in the second half and kicked 2/3 very poor wides when there was other options available. If those had have gone over it might have been a different story.

Mulholland (?) from Glen was stretchered off. No one near him when it happened, looked like he was tracking back and something went, either knee or ankle, as he was running. Hopefully he hasn't done any serious damage.

Glen looked very slick in the first half, (11pts up at the break) but didn't kick on in the second. Screen looked rusty from the outset, but were a different team in the second half.
Ulster League Champions 2009