Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Cristiano Ronaldo has signed with Al Nassr, a contract until June 2025 with a total salary close to €200m per year, that is reported to include commercial deal.

Some money for a chap that turns 38 in a couple of weeks

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Who do untied fans favour more...Ronaldo or Rooney?

Saffrongael

I'm guessing it's to promote the country as much as playing
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on December 30, 2022, 10:59:02 PM

Rooney had issues with possible move to Chelsea but overall he topped scored so on that alone he'll be a Utd great...

Personally there were better icons for the club
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Cantona and Keane ahead of them both.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gawa316

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 31, 2022, 12:56:08 AM

Cantona and Keane ahead of them both.

I would've guessed that but that's not what I am asking

Armagh18

Hard enough to say. Ronaldo at his best the first time was the best player to ever play in England, he obviously gave his best years to Madrid and the way he left this time leaves a sour taste. Looking back though in 20 years I think I'll always remember the good far more than the bad.

Rooney gave United his whole useful career, one of the hardest working players on the pitch I've ever seen, just a pity he didn't look after himself like Ronaldo off it. Countless great moments from him and he broke the goal scoring record that won't be touched for years unless Rashford fulfils his potential and more. Don't blame him in the slightest either for the transfer requests. Was totally right to question the club for replacing Ronaldo and Tevez with Obertan, Valencia and a washed up Michael Owen.

To answer the question, I honestly can't pick. 2 of the leaders of one of if not the best team ever to play in England.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 30, 2022, 10:53:22 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo has signed with Al Nassr, a contract until June 2025 with a total salary close to €200m per year, that is reported to include commercial deal.

Some money for a chap that turns 38 in a couple of weeks

A very wealthy player becoming richer. It must kill Ronaldo that no Champions League Club showed interest. He had the chance to go to Saudi last summer ,but rejected as he wanted a move to a top European League.

Milltown Row2

Too old, teams can't carry players now at that level, if he managed a team he'd do same thing as ETH, play couple of seasons on that wage and chill out after that..

RedHand88

He'll turn 40 in his last season. Its mental money for someone that age.
Will he play much or is he there to sell shirts?

rodney trotter

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 31, 2022, 10:42:29 AM
He'll turn 40 in his last season. Its mental money for someone that age.
Will he play much or is he there to sell shirts?

I read they aren't even the biggest team in Saudi Arabia. Not involved in the Asian equivalent of the Champions league

Milltown Row2

Is that tax free over there?

Milltown Row2

Wolves 3/1 today that's great value, usually only a goal in it when they meet

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 31, 2022, 11:15:05 AM
Is that tax free over there?
Not sure about Saudi Arabia but could be. Qatar is.