Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2022

Started by Ogie, January 31, 2022, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottoman

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 03, 2022, 07:29:17 PM
CB away to Dublin champions in 1st round of Leinster. Very difficult to see them having a similar run to last season and they won't be underestimated this time around. Wish them the best of luck though.

I fancy Abbeyleix to have a real run at the Leinster intermediate though. They've a good draw and have a pathway through to the final as I think they avoid KK/Dublin/Wexford side. Hopefully they give a good account of themselves at Senior next year as well.

Just looked at the fixtures there, looks like CB will have the harder run in Leinster again like last year. Dublin champs, Wexford champs and you assume BHS would be awaiting them in the final if they were to get through those ties. It would be very hard to take all those scalps again this year.

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof86 on October 03, 2022, 05:29:23 PM
Agreed . Was at a league match late summer over there. Lot of really good work been done at Park/Timahoe from underage upwards .

PRT are making slow but steady progress
Beaten in Junior A Final
Beaten in Junior c Final

At underage
Beaten in u13 A1 final
In u15 A1 final
In minor B final

They need to push on to intermediate in the next year or 2 but they have a steady stream of young lads coming in

The Harps are a head scratcher

Why the best juvenile club of the last 5-10 years can't translate it's success at juvenile into being at least a permanent fixture at senior

Congratulations to C/B they have shown the way,they are now enjoying the fruits of 20 years of hard labour

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: ottoman on October 03, 2022, 07:58:21 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 03, 2022, 07:29:17 PM
CB away to Dublin champions in 1st round of Leinster. Very difficult to see them having a similar run to last season and they won't be underestimated this time around. Wish them the best of luck though.

I fancy Abbeyleix to have a real run at the Leinster intermediate though. They've a good draw and have a pathway through to the final as I think they avoid KK/Dublin/Wexford side. Hopefully they give a good account of themselves at Senior next year as well.

Just looked at the fixtures there, looks like CB will have the harder run in Leinster again like last year. Dublin champs, Wexford champs and you assume BHS would be awaiting them in the final if they were to get through those ties. It would be very hard to take all those scalps again this year.
Very tough draw for CB alright. But they are becoming a very experienced outfit and I think they'll give the Dublin champs plenty of it.
Just hard to see Leinster not being won by Kilkenny champions.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Laois Rising

A lot of the Harps underage success of the last 5-10 years you could argue has been built on quantity of good players as opposed to maybe been driven by 2/3 exceptional players on any of those successful teams.  Therefore a lot of those lads stepping up to senior are not necessarily going to improve or add greatly to their senior team. What you need from your underage teams are one or two 'exceptional' players coming through every year that will go straight in and improve the senior team that is currently there. A lot of what the Harps have brought through are of a similar standard to what is maybe already there-hence they don't appear necessarily to be making any improvement despite their great efforts. 

I admire what the Harps are doing-they get great numbers and keep their players interested and involved. It will hopefully pay off for them if they continue on the path that they are.

Quote from: clonadmad on October 03, 2022, 10:23:53 PM
Agreed . Was at a league match late summer over there. Lot of really good work been done at Park/Timahoe from underage upwards .

Beaten in Junior A Final
Beaten in Junior c Final

At underage
Beaten in u13 A1 final
In u15 A1 final
In minor B final

They need to push on to intermediate in the next year or 2 but they have a steady stream of young lads coming in

Why the best juvenile club of the last 5-10 years can't translate it's success at juvenile into being at least a permanent fixture at senior

Congratulations to C/B they have shown the way,they are now enjoying the fruits of 20 years of hard labour

burdizzo

Beaten in Junior A Final
Beaten in Junior c Final

At underage
Beaten in u13 A1 final
In u15 A1 final
In minor B final

Let's face it - getting beaten in two Junior finals is a serious backward step for PRT. They were relegated from Intermediate last year, and to not be able to make the step back up straight away must be a worry for them. Plus, as an amalgamation, they probably have fewer hurlers now than when they were two separete clubs? Maybe you could confirm that, Clonadmad?! And with football going well for Ratheniska, that clearly takes precedence - so much so, I think, that it's almost impossible to play both for a committed senior footballer.

Yes, the underage is in decent shape - as it generally is in Ratheniska - but this never seems to translate to the adult hurling team. Why is that? Drawing from too much of a football area?

Laois man

Looking at the Leinster Express team of the year no Darren Maher and he the best full back in Laois this year no Cillian Dunne or Mossy keyes???

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on October 05, 2022, 04:22:19 PM

Beaten in Junior A Final
Beaten in Junior c Final

At underage
Beaten in u13 A1 final
In u15 A1 final
In minor B final

Let's face it - getting beaten in two Junior finals is a serious backward step for PRT. They were relegated from Intermediate last year, and to not be able to make the step back up straight away must be a worry for them. Plus, as an amalgamation, they probably have fewer hurlers now than when they were two separete clubs? Maybe you could confirm that, Clonadmad?! And with football going well for Ratheniska, that clearly takes precedence - so much so, I think, that it's almost impossible to play both for a committed senior footballer.

Yes, the underage is in decent shape - as it generally is in Ratheniska - but this never seems to translate to the adult hurling team. Why is that? Drawing from too much of a football area?

All of that is fair comment I'd say

I'm nearly certain this year they had a second adult hurling team where for the past few years they had just the one

But I'm open to correction

burdizzo

Yes, PRT had two adult teams this year. They did enter two last year, but were stuck for numbers come the championship, as far as I recall. However, when they were individual clubs, they'd certainly have had a team each, and most years one or other - if not both - would have entered two teams. I mean, as an amalgamation they really shouldn't be struggling to put out two teams, and probably should have scope for a third. But in reality, the amalgamation just freed up a lot of lads to concentrate solely on the football. Sadly.

Spiritof1915

Lot of senior clubs looking for new managers in 2023.
I believe R/E parted company with Jimmy dunne last night
B/K, The Harps, clough/ballacolla in the market.. Possibly Rosenallis and Camross too.
Should be interesting

Laois man

Any update on new managers for hurling clubs for the new year?

Laois man

Any update on new club managers in the county yet? I hear Anthony Coffey gone back to Trumrea and Niall Holmes has taking on Mrath.

Ogie

I don't agree with Senior Club teams spending a fortune on outside managers, but poor intermediate & Junior Clubs paying someone to come in and coach a team is crazy.

Ballacolla hoping to hold onto Laffan if they can agree on someone to hold the ropes til he comes back after Tipp are out
David Cuddy looking for reappointment in Camross but facing some internal competition, agm this weekend
Rathdowney Errill have appointed last years Lisdowney manager Martin Power, looking for a coach to work with him
Borris Kilcotton should be ratifying a former Inter County manager next week
Castletown staying the same
Abbeyleix staying the same
Harps on the hunt in Kilkenny circles 
Rosenallis on the hunt

Laois man

I hear Aleix are changing management. Is borris/kcotton staying within the county??

Robbo

Abbeylex changing but staying internal I heard.

Laois man

So hurling managers so far. Camross. David Cuddy. Rdowney/Errill Martin Power. Ctown David Cuddy. Aleix?. Rosenallis?. Borris /kcotton? Bkill? Cbolla?. I hear 2 Cbolla players gone to Australia this morning best of luck to both.