GAA Discussion > Laois

Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

<< < (19/30) > >>

ottoman:

--- Quote from: Tintin84 on October 11, 2021, 12:14:08 AM ---Depressing to see the negativey  towards Rosenallis today and overall throughout the year in both hurling and football, They are the only senior dual club in the county, and should possibly be in a county semi final if they took their chances. I don't believe the crap RE were only in 1st 2nd gear. If the ref had any balls today ge should of let the last puck out happen instead of blowing up just after Rosenallis get the goal.

This is a club thats putting it up against the likes of the 2nd favourite team in RE in hurling championship and probably 3rd best team in football Championship O'Dempseys and their only training a quarter of what the non dual clubs are training and still there competing at the highest level. Fair play to the club and management of both sectors.

--- End quote ---

What?? Rosenallis are a credit to the county...what negativity was there here about them today?

blueandwhite1:
I think that most people are impressed by what Rosenallis have achieved but they need a few more good hurlers to be able to break into the top 4. Maybe with the impressive underage structures they can make it happen and good luck to them. The hurling community is small in Laois and we need more competitive clubs like Rosenallis. However, Rathdowney Errill were fairly horrendous yesterday compared with what they can be and I believe any one of Camross, C/B or B/K would have beaten them comprehensively on that performance. Rosenallis never really looked like they were going to do anything until the last two or three minutes.

Robbo:
Senior:
Think Camross will beat Borris/Kil if its a close one. I think Borris have better forwards but this camross team are improving and will fancy the battle.

Ballacolla have never done back-to-back and i dont think they will this year. Rathdowney will be missing Mark Kav but they'll be well up for this and I think if it's a battle; they have more in them and will want it more. They wont give Dunphy or Maher any space. That'll win it for them.

Premier Intermediate:
Very confident Ballyfin will win. Power and pace in the middle and scorers up front. I think this will be the only one-sided game of the weekend.

The other game could be close. Hard to call. I thought Portlaoise would win but I've heard rumours of injuries and maybe that might unsettle things. Ill go with Cha to get Ballnakill over the line.

Hope the two first teams win the junior finals. No offence to the second teams. Think trumera will but pickas could be in trouble if the ballyroan footballers release all their players to hurl with Abbyleix.

Silkyskillssunshinee:
Don't see R/E beating C/B at all, they haven't looked good at all since the opening round against Camross and obviously have injuries to key players. C/B by 5.

The other semi is a really difficult one to call. Camross have improved with every game they've played and I'd give the slight nod to them. Camross by 1 or 2, wouldn't be surprised if extra time is required.

Portlaoise and Ballyfin to win the Premier Intermediate semi's, haven't been too impressed with Ballinakill this year and Camross clearly the weakest of the four left. Trumera to edge C/B in the Intermediate final this evening.

ottoman:

--- Quote from: Robbo on October 22, 2021, 10:42:49 AM ---Senior:
Think Camross will beat Borris/Kil if its a close one. I think Borris have better forwards but this camross team are improving and will fancy the battle.

Ballacolla have never done back-to-back and i dont think they will this year. Rathdowney will be missing Mark Kav but they'll be well up for this and I think if it's a battle; they have more in them and will want it more. They wont give Dunphy or Maher any space. That'll win it for them.

Premier Intermediate:
Very confident Ballyfin will win. Power and pace in the middle and scorers up front. I think this will be the only one-sided game of the weekend.

The other game could be close. Hard to call. I thought Portlaoise would win but I've heard rumours of injuries and maybe that might unsettle things. Ill go with Cha to get Ballnakill over the line.

Hope the two first teams win the junior finals. No offence to the second teams. Think trumera will but pickas could be in trouble if the ballyroan footballers release all their players to hurl with Abbyleix.

--- End quote ---

God I don't know where that confidence in RE has come from, I though they have been very poor for most of this year. Think CB will win it by 4or5...

I agree on the other game, Camross are slowly getting back into it the last few weeks and I think they will beat BK this weekend and win the final in 2 weeks!! You heard it here first....haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version