Pedometers

Started by Never beat the deeler, January 25, 2016, 05:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Looking to pick up a fitbit / jawbone or similar but don't know where to start researching - does anyone have either of these or would a different model be better?

I have recently started a job where I will be doing a lot of walking, including up/down stairs and in basements (so GPS coverage may be iffy at times). I would like a gadget that tells me what distances etc I am doing without having to turn it on per trip (I already have a Nike+ watch for running and a Garmin for the bike), and maybe monitor my sleep, but not too pushed about that.

Also, I have signed up to do a stadium stair race (6,000 steps  :o) and have started to do some training towards that.

HR monitor would be preferable, the infrared type would be fine as it doesn't need to be accurate, just to give an idea of the range.

Thanks in advance
Hasta la victoria siempre

illdecide

I have a Fitbit Surge...it's grand and does the job, what i lke about it is you can go on the PC in work next day and view your workout and compare it to previous ones. Does what it says it can do...ive never owned any other device so can't compare it to others...My only concern is when out on the bicycle sometimes the GPS will vanish if you're in the arsehole of nowhere (up a mountain etc) it's either that or my wrist is knocking it off bending it on bike...(Dunno) but i think it's the GPS...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hereiam

I thought this was another Jimmy Saville thread

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: illdecide on January 25, 2016, 11:33:14 AM
I have a Fitbit Surge...it's grand and does the job, what i lke about it is you can go on the PC in work next day and view your workout and compare it to previous ones. Does what it says it can do...ive never owned any other device so can't compare it to others...My only concern is when out on the bicycle sometimes the GPS will vanish if you're in the arsehole of nowhere (up a mountain etc) it's either that or my wrist is knocking it off bending it on bike...(Dunno) but i think it's the GPS...

Cheers for that. The fitbits seem to be the job.  Was looking at getting a Charge HR but I see now it doesn't have GPS. How does it work then, just off the accelerometer?
Hasta la victoria siempre