Ardmhachaabu RIP

Started by Mack the finger, November 06, 2010, 04:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Sitting here in an Armagh top and this was the first thing came into my mind.

I think it's testiment to the lad with the amount of people positively commenting on this thread. From experience i know there are a lot of folk on here that are difficult to get on with and have very strong views. On many occassions debates can be very heated but the fact that a lad whom the majority of the posters don't know perosnally, can be spoken of in such a positive light is really a indication to the great character he must have been.

No doubt it will be a sad loss to the GAA community and his family but he will live on in the memmory of all the posters. I hope the family can find some comfort in the fact that we will all miss Stephens posts and banter. 
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

orangeman

For the benefit of those who have not read all the pages on the thread.
Given the overwhelming reaction to the untimely passing of Ardmhachaabu and having guaged the reaction of posters, it has been decided to send a mass card on behalf of posters on the GAA board to express our sympathy to Ardmahachabu's wife and family at this very difficult time.

Should you wish to send a personal message and to maintain confidentiality, please PM me so that this can be arranged.

At the end of the week, the thread will be edited and printed by Ziggy and given to the family as a mark of respect and as a sign of the huge contribution he made to the board and to show the respect that he had from fellow posters on the board. Hopefully the family will show how valued a poster Ardmhacaabu was on the board and the impact that his very untimely death has had on us all.

Hurler on the Bitch

A close friend mentioned to me today about Stephen and I could not believe it. I knocked about with him in the late 1980s and he was also at our school. I had no idea that he was 'who he was' on this board. I can assure you that he had not his sorrows to seek in life. God rest you Stephen - RIP.  :'(

rrhf

Very real and also surreal way to learn this terrible news. The reactions speak volumes.     
RIP Stephen.   

DubOnHoliday

I'd like to pass on condolences to Ardmahachabu's family and friends at this tragic time from all at ReservoirDubs.com.

holylandsniper

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

supersub

Always very sad to hear of a death conncected to something you are part of - in this case the board does seem like a community which he was a big part of. Condolences to his family and friends, very sad situation. Rest in peace

Galwaybhoy

I don't be on GAABoard as much as I used to and its very sad to hear this.  May he Rest In Peace and I 'd like to pass on my condolences to all his family and friends.

Lone Shark

Somehow managed to miss this thread up to now and it's a huge shock to see something like this.

Condolences to his family and friends who have just suffered a huge loss.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on November 06, 2010, 09:07:16 PM
The last 2-3 years of his life were undoubtedly his happiest. Doted on his wife and children.

I was driving home last night and couldnt get Stephen out of my head. We had a bit of a twist about somthing on a thread a few months back about something pretty innocuous and it seemed to have been the last time we corresponded - which was a shame. Anyway - as you say O'Neill from his facebook postings, and his postings on here - he doted on his family, and was completely devoted to them.

I found a phrase from a song I love to listen to and it makes me think about the family back home - and last night for some reason I couldnt get it out of my head thinking about Stephen and his family and his little ones - and maybe down the line even if they never hear the words - the might come to realise as adults how much their father loved them.

Always remember, there was nothing worth sharing - like the love that let us share our name.

Rest in Peace Stephen, and fear not - I have a feeling your children, although deprived of your presence, will never be deprived of your love.

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: ONeill on November 06, 2010, 09:07:16 PM
The last 2-3 years of his life were undoubtedly his happiest. Doted on his wife and children.

I was driving home last night and couldnt get Stephen out of my head. We had a bit of a twist about somthing on a thread a few months back about something pretty innocuous and it seemed to have been the last time we corresponded - which was a shame. Anyway - as you say O'Neill from his facebook postings, and his postings on here - he doted on his family, and was completely devoted to them.

I found a phrase from a song I love to listen to and it makes me think about the family back home - and last night for some reason I couldnt get it out of my head thinking about Stephen and his family and his little ones - and maybe down the line even if they never hear the words - the might come to realise as adults how much their father loved them.

Always remember, there was nothing worth sharing - like the love that let us share our name.Rest in Peace Stephen, and fear not - I have a feeling your children, although deprived of your presence, will never be deprived of your love.

Well said puck, well said.

border rabbit

RIP Stephen, may you rest in peace, and may your wife and young family take comfort from the respect and love that people on this board, and no doubt the broader community, have shown him.

This sort of news only makes you realise how well off you actually are, and how you should cherish every moment with your wife and children.

Armagh GAA has lost a true friend.

Never beat the deeler

Been away for a while, but saddened to hear the death of a young man.

RIP
Hasta la victoria siempre

Bud Wiser

I don't be on here that much now and just saw this tonight and I am absolutely shocked.  I just don't know what to say other than that he was a good man and one of our members here on the board and he will be missed.  To his wife and children I offer my sincere condolences.
Bud Wiser
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"