Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Tormund on May 09, 2021, 02:57:20 PM
Yess! What a win! Unbelievable, over the moon  :D i cant believe it, they were brilliant!

For me its our biggest win since we beat dublin in croke park in 2010

I cant remember seeing us beat one of the big munster teams before

I think we beat tipp in cushendall before.

Yes that is a big win. To me the league matters more now with lockdown and less time between league and championship so this win is a big one as you say.

Milltown Row2

I wonder how many minutes we get tonight and will Donal Og eats his words?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

What a great day to be a safe, delighted

Tormund

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2021, 03:07:27 PM
I wonder how many minutes we get tonight and will Donal Og eats his words?

Yea it'll be interesting to see that.
They'll probably spend more time talking about how bad it is for Clare instead of giving us the credit

imtommygunn

He'll have a Clare hurling restructuring plan at the ready ;D

bannside

Hurling people have been putting far better structures in place in recent times. Todays result further evidence of what can be done when the things are being done properly. Tony Shivers and the Mc Keague family leading from the front.

Dublin next up will be another massive test to see how far this group have come. Well done to everyone involved.

themac_23

What a result, the effort in raising the standard from the management and players is paying off. We knew the hurlers were there and were hopefully gonna start showing it. Delighted

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: MoChara on May 09, 2021, 03:12:13 PM

What's a safe?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I think it's Kilkenny next. Doesn't get easier anyway. Delighted with that result.

ardtole

Saffrongael

Great result. I would maybe wait until the end of league before the "I told you so" in relation to Donal Og. Historically we have a much better chance of catching teams at the start of a campaign. Som very tough games ahead and just a pity we can't get to see them in person
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2021, 04:38:07 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 09, 2021, 04:37:36 PM
Quote from: MoChara on May 09, 2021, 03:12:13 PM

What's a safe?

Saff

Indeed, my autocorrect must be a freestater and refused to give us the credit we deserved  ;D

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0509/1217879-gleeson-urges-antrim-to-push-on-after-banner-scalp/

Antrim have a proud hurling tradition and Gleeson wants his players to tap into that.

"Every game is an opportunity to go out and represent your county. The county jersey is important and I think we have instilled that again. All the players come from fantastic clubs and all want to represent their county well.

"Today is done and we move on, we're finished with it and move on to next week."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 09, 2021, 05:33:24 PM
Great result. I would maybe wait until the end of league before the "I told you so" in relation to Donal Og. Historically we have a much better chance of catching teams at the start of a campaign. Som very tough games ahead and just a pity we can't get to see them in person

If I'd looked at Antrim's home league campaign at the start of the year I'd have never have put this game down as a win, I'd have struggled to look at any of our home games as bankers.

So an outstanding result and whatever happens after this at home is a bonus