Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Can't say this is happening but worth posting anyway. With the little insight you have given Pints some of the below have happened. Again not scientific but maybe in the future you not getting a present will be the least of your worries.

What are the signs of domestic violence?

Destructive criticism and verbal abuse: shouting/mocking/accusing/name calling/verbally threatening

Pressure tactics: sulking, threatening to withhold money, disconnect the telephone, take the car away, commit suicide, take the children away, report you to welfare agencies unless you comply with his demands regarding bringing up the childre, lying to your friends and family about you, telling you that you have no choice in any decisions.

Disrespect: persistently putting you down in front of other people, not listening or responding when you talk, interrupting your telephone calls, taking money from your purse without asking, refusing to help with childcare or housework.

Breaking trust: lying to you, withholding information from you, being jealous, having other relationships, breaking promises and shared agreements.

Isolation: monitoring or blocking your telephone calls, telling you where you can and cannot go, preventing you from seeing friends and relatives.

Harassment: following you, checking up on you, opening your mail, repeatedly checking to see who has telephoned you, embarrassing you in public.

Threats: making angry gestures, using physical size to intimidate, shouting you down, destroying your possessions, breaking things, punching walls, wielding a knife or a gun, threatening to kill or harm you and the children.

Sexual violence: using force, threats or intimidation to make you perform sexual acts, having sex with you when you don't want to have sex, any degrading treatment based on your sexual orientation.

Physical violence: punching, slapping, hitting, biting, pinching, kicking, pulling hair out, pushing, shoving, burning, strangling.

Denial: saying the abuse doesn't happen, saying you caused the abusive behaviour, being publicly gentle and patient, crying and begging for forgiveness, saying it will never happen again.

http://www.womensaid.org.uk/page.asp?section=0001000100050007&itemTitle=What+is+domestic+violence%3F

gerrykeegan

Pints thats the first thing I thought off when read your opening piece. he made the decision that you would get nothing and your sister is afraid to tell you that. He is trying to isolate you from her as you were very close. Correct me if I am wrong but are you not a big man. Bullies dont like big men around them for obvious reasons.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

pintsofguinness

QuoteCan't say this is happening but worth posting anyway. With the little insight you have given Pints some of the below have happened. Again not scientific but maybe in the future you not getting a present will be the least of your worries.
I wouldnt be surprised  :(

Pints thats the first thing I thought off when read your opening piece. he made the decision that you would get nothing and your sister is afraid to tell you that. He is trying to isolate you from her as you were very close. Correct me if I am wrong but are you not a big man. Bullies dont like big men around them for obvious reasons.
Oh my God you're right!  I read your post earlier when I hadn't time to respond but I've been thinking about it and yes I'm a big man but would never fight, well it'd have to be bad.  However, my brother would and come to think of it he was the first to be cut off - they'd only moved in weeks when the sister fell out with him over apparently insulting knob head's family, she was also saying stuff about him and his own relationship that I didn't believe but even at the time I knew she was repeating what knobhead was saying I just didn't know why but it all makes sense now! 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

So she turns up at my house this evening with my Christmas present
???

Square Ball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 28, 2007, 09:19:00 PM
???

and an explanation?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Square Ball on December 28, 2007, 09:21:09 PM
???

and an explanation?

She hadnt time to pick it up sooner but that was a passing comment there was no big issue - it's a voucher for a meal in a hotel, I would have thought it would have been the easiest to pick up. 
A list of complaints about knobhead though.
I give up.

Tyrones own

She made her bed Pints, let her sleep in it, it's one you can't win and believe me
i know with my gobshite brother..............
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 28, 2007, 09:23:16 PM
???

and an explanation?

She hadnt time to pick it up sooner but that was a passing comment there was no big issue - it's a voucher for a meal in a hotel, I would have thought it would have been the easiest to pick up. 
I give up.

Hey she got you something and that is a start Pog. With your restricted diet I dont know why she would have bought you that but at least she got you something.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrones own on December 28, 2007, 09:31:02 PM

She made her bed Pints, let her sleep in it, it's one you can't win and believe me
i know with my gobshite brother..............

I know but she's my wee sister  :(

Quote from: stew on December 28, 2007, 09:34:16 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 28, 2007, 09:23:16 PM
???

and an explanation?
I give up.

Hey she got you something and that is a start Pog. With your restricted diet I dont know why she would have bought you that but at least she got you something.
The last hotel I was at had sausages so it should be ok.

never kickt a ball

???

She or someone she knows reads this board. :o

Norf Tyrone

POG was 'he' there when the original presents were handed out?
Was he there this evening when you got yours?

Perhaps he doesn't realise that she got you something?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 29, 2007, 05:36:27 AM
POG was 'he' there when the original presents were handed out?
Was he there this evening when you got yours?

Perhaps he doesn't realise that she got you something?

Yeah he was there when the First ones were given.
She came on her own to my house. 

Puckoon

Norf Tyrone

Pehaps you should ring her house....when she comes on the phone....ask her is bro in law there as you want to thank him for gift. If she panics, or stalls you will know that he doesn't know.

Or perhaps best leave it, and try and keep as close a relationship as you can with her, and hope she comes to her senses soon.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Puckoon

Seriously, not wishing to sound like Miriam- but a little communication wouldnt go amiss between you and your sister. At least figuring out where you stand with her instead of idle speculation and sensationalism. Some of the eejitry on here is taking what could be a simple misunderstanding to extremes with talk of domestic violence and so on. Blood is ultimately thicker than water and life is too short. Throw a few more cliches in there and we are good to go. Give her a ring, take her out for lunch and have a good chin wag.