Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on May 19, 2021, 05:14:28 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 19, 2021, 04:26:03 PM
Quote from: ardtole on May 19, 2021, 04:13:35 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 19, 2021, 03:20:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 19, 2021, 02:58:43 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-57169541

A couple of generations ago, someone like this would be carted off to the funny farm.

Yep and so were single mothers isolated from society, but we've wised to f**k up, well some of us anyway.

Id like to think of myself as open minded, but I really do struggle to understand this gender fluid stuff.

I heard of some celebrities in recent years saying they would let their children choose their own gender ( Paloma Faith I think).

I just cant get my head around it.

I always think about the impact this and anything else would impact upon me and my daily life and like gay marriages and various other binary/non binary and whatever LGBTQ+ people wish to be defined and most of the time it's zero, so fire away I say.

What I don't understand is why these so-called celebs think we give a f**k about their lives and make these announcements as if they are somehow more important than the rest of us. I couldn't give two shites what anyone else whats to do with their lives. I've enough to worry about in my own life and that of my family so I just get on with that.

"It's just that the farm takes up most of the day, and at night, I like to have a cup of tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself full-time to following other peoples life choices."

But it's not just celebrities this will involve. Yes we're unlikely to bump into Paloma Faith and her offspring, but this will filter down to ordinary everyday people. Next thing you know you'll be walking past a couple of girls, and saying "hello girls" will be a hate crime because one of them might identify themselves as a he, they, us, we or a giraffe. Then you'll be known as the local racist, binary-ist, giraffe-ist, or whatever the f**k else-ist they invent.

Armagh18

A couple of generations ago, someone like this would be carted off to the funny farm.

Yep and so were single mothers isolated from society, but we've wised to f**k up, well some of us anyway.

Id like to think of myself as open minded, but I really do struggle to understand this gender fluid stuff.

I heard of some celebrities in recent years saying they would let their children choose their own gender ( Paloma Faith I think).

Sick in the head the whole lot.

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 19, 2021, 06:12:45 PM

Sick in the head the whole lot.

DUP need all the support they can get. You should reach out

seafoid

Bitcoin uses as much electricity as Norway.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on May 19, 2021, 05:59:00 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on May 19, 2021, 05:14:28 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 19, 2021, 04:26:03 PM

I always think about the impact this and anything else would impact upon me and my daily life and like gay marriages and various other binary/non binary and whatever LGBTQ+ people wish to be defined and most of the time it's zero, so fire away I say.

What I don't understand is why these so-called celebs think we give a f**k about their lives and make these announcements as if they are somehow more important than the rest of us. I couldn't give two shites what anyone else whats to do with their lives. I've enough to worry about in my own life and that of my family so I just get on with that.

"It's just that the farm takes up most of the day, and at night, I like to have a cup of tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself full-time to following other peoples life choices."

But it's not just celebrities this will involve. Yes we're unlikely to bump into Paloma Faith and her offspring, but this will filter down to ordinary everyday people. Next thing you know you'll be walking past a couple of girls, and saying "hello girls" will be a hate crime because one of them might identify themselves as a he, they, us, we or a giraffe. Then you'll be known as the local racist, binary-ist, giraffe-ist, or whatever the f**k else-ist they invent.

Really?

THAT'S the scenario at the bottom of your slippery slope?

An honest mistake with a couple of people you (presumably) don't know are going to land you with the label of "local racist"?

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-when-the-dust-settled-the-four-richest-teams-were-top-1.4573062
Leicester have been in the Premier League top four for all but seven of the last 76 matchweeks. The exceptions are weeks one, two, five, 37 and 38 of last season, and weeks 37 and 38 of this season. No other team has spent as many weeks in the top four places in that time, but Leicester keep getting elbowed out just when it counts.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Boris missing the first 5 Cobra/SAGE meetings at the start of 2020 so that he could finish his biography of William Shakespeare to raise funds for him divorce settlement before he could announce his engagement to yer one who's obviously not wise in the head or is going to stroke said Boris who evidently only thinks with his small head and not the big one.

That's the PM of the UK right there.

imtommygunn

Kind of GAA related but what is the story with the two Clare players being close contacts to the Wexford team but not Wexford players being?

Rich Ricci

Quote from: johnnycool on May 24, 2021, 03:35:22 PM
Boris missing the first 5 Cobra/SAGE meetings at the start of 2020 so that he could finish his biography of William Shakespeare to raise funds for him divorce settlement before he could announce his engagement to yer one who's obviously not wise in the head or is going to stroke said Boris who evidently only thinks with his small head and not the big one.

That's the PM of the UK right there.

Not wise the whole thing. Seen something there the other day that he spent £27,000 on specially made organic takeaways with the space of 10 months. Now I know London is expensive....

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/22/butler-smuggled-27000-of-organic-food-into-downing-street-for-boris-14628328/

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 24, 2021, 03:43:29 PM
Kind of GAA related but what is the story with the two Clare players being close contacts to the Wexford team but not Wexford players being?

Saw that and Lohan questioning it as I also thought playing and training with someone outdoors was casual contact and not close contact.

A bit of a war of words with both camps complicated by the fallout of both managers and the fact that Davy's da didn't want Lohan in as manager in the first place.

screenexile

J70

Quote from: screenexile on May 31, 2021, 03:41:31 PM
https://twitter.com/ladbible/status/1399313430830620675?s=20

Jesus Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey!!!

WFT?! :o ;D

Just read a bit more about it. Apparently it was a few years back, and the net he landed on was only 30m x 30m.

That takes some balls!

A bit of skill too!

BennyCake

Tony Baloney

Feel sick after reading that that fat ugly cnut man from Ballymartin avoided jail for an admitted sectarian beating of Paschal Morgan in Kilkeel a few years ago. What the fcuk indeed.

Nanderson

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 07, 2021, 08:02:56 PM
Feel sick after reading that that fat ugly cnut man from Ballymartin avoided jail for an admitted sectarian beating of Paschal Morgan in Kilkeel a few years ago. What the fcuk indeed.
He will get whats coming to him