Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

If the last few games have shown us anything it is that you will be rewarded if you go and have a go at actually winning the game.

This line up is laughable when you look at what he has on the bench.

Germans to win 1-0 with Southgate throwing on his attacking players in the last 20mins

Keyser soze

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 29, 2021, 04:26:24 PM
He's a cautious manager.  The English FA gave Southgate a new contract in the middle of the tournament.  At least see how they perform in this tournament.
Tonight Kronos should be the difference in midfield for Germany

Looks like it's his time right enough...

i'll get my coat

johnnycool

Quote from: Taylor on June 29, 2021, 04:31:16 PM
If the last few games have shown us anything it is that you will be rewarded if you go and have a go at actually winning the game.

This line up is laughable when you look at what he has on the bench.

Germans to win 1-0 with Southgate throwing on his attacking players in the last 20mins

He's maybe banking on the Germans being dodgy at the back with the pace of Sterling and Sakho on the break, but he'd be a fool to give the Germans too much possession as they will pick England off alright.

trailer

Keeping a clean sheet is critical. Sounds obvious but teams that do well in these tournaments typically don't concede a lot of goals. That's what Southgate is at. Saka is there to run behind the high line of the Germans. It probably won't be a classic (0-0 borefest) but it will be enthralling.

laoislad

🇩🇪💪🇩🇪
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

Southgate should have one of Mount or Grealish in, they are Englands best creative players. I would also start Foden. His best players are on the bench. Will this tactic backfire?

Shamrock Shore

0-0 after 120 mind numbing minutes.

Like JFK and HerrLaois, Ich bin ein Berliner.

Jeepers Creepers

Some giving Germany a bit to much credit (hoping to eat my words)

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 29, 2021, 04:52:59 PM
0-0 after 120 mind numbing minutes.

Like JFK and HerrLaois, Ich bin ein Berliner.
After the goal fest contests yesterday it won't be a surprise if this England v Germany game is a bore fest.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 29, 2021, 04:37:48 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 29, 2021, 04:26:24 PM
He's a cautious manager.  The English FA gave Southgate a new contract in the middle of the tournament.  At least see how they perform in this tournament.
Tonight Kronos should be the difference in midfield for Germany

Looks like it's his time right enough...

i'll get my coat

Aul autocorrect. Toni Kroos

macker15

England 3-0. Germans are shite

Capt Pat

Werner just had a great chance for Germany but he needs half a dozen channces like that to score one.

macker15

Tom Wener is useless

Captain Obvious

Good save by Pickford there.

yellowcard

Sour game this. Stephen Kelly is brutal on co commentary on RTE.