Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2021, 12:58:22 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 31, 2021, 12:46:40 PM
Shinners were wrong on the Storey Funeral, no doubts about that and they should have held their hands up irrespective if the PPS felt there was no charges to bring due to inconsistencies in the laws as set out at that time.

But as we well know hypocrisy is alive and well here by those who either turn a blind eye to the Garda funerals in Mayo or the Rangers celebrations on the Shankill Road.

It is a question of leadership. The top brass of SF made sure they were seen at the Storey funeral, the leaders of FF and FG did not go to the Garda funeral and the Shankhill road was a crowd of yobs.

That's just factually incorrect.

Here is then Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan at the Garda's funeral.

Here is current Taoiseach Micheal Martin at John Hume's funeral.

Here is president Michael D Higgins at Hume's funeral

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Shinners were wrong on the Storey Funeral, no doubts about that and they should have held their hands up irrespective if the PPS felt there was no charges to bring due to inconsistencies in the laws as set out at that time.

But as we well know hypocrisy is alive and well here by those who either turn a blind eye to the Garda funerals in Mayo or the Rangers celebrations on the Shankill Road.

The family of the garda asked people not to attend. SF (who put in place policies to stop large gatherings) planned for having a large attendance at the funeral and arranged for marshals to help deal with the crowd. I'd say that's a major difference there

johnnycool

It is a question of leadership. The top brass of SF made sure they were seen at the Storey funeral, the leaders of FF and FG did not go to the Garda funeral and the Shankhill road was a crowd of yobs.

Pictured at the forefront of these celebrations where two prominent community "stakeholders" that Arlene is often in conversations with, one from East Belfast...

johnnycool

Quote from: dublin7 on March 31, 2021, 01:17:27 PM

The family of the garda asked people not to attend. SF (who put in place policies to stop large gatherings) planned for having a large attendance at the funeral and arranged for marshals to help deal with the crowd. I'd say that's a major difference there
say what, who are the lads in the white shirts then let alone all the other guards?

dublin7

Quote from: johnnycool on March 31, 2021, 01:23:54 PM

say what, who are the lads in the white shirts then let alone all the other guards?

The funeral notice issued by the family (that I'm not going to post) asked people not to attend due to covid restrictions. SF did the opposite. It's bizarre how SF supporters only defence is to try and blame everybody else. 

trailer

Quote from: dublin7 on March 31, 2021, 01:31:24 PM

The funeral notice issued by the family (that I'm not going to post) asked people not to attend due to covid restrictions. SF did the opposite. It's bizarre how SF supporters only defence is to try and blame everybody else.

Can absolutely do no wrong. Cult like devotion. Utterly bizarre for what is supposed to be a political party.

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on March 31, 2021, 01:36:34 PM

Can absolutely do no wrong. Cult like devotion. Utterly bizarre for what is supposed to be a political party.
Of course they can do wrong. They've already conceded that they got it wrong. Has Charlie Flanagan done so yet? Or has the opportunistic little hypocrite Colum Eastwood apologised for breaching social distancing at John Hume's funeral yet?

Angelo

Ok.

So you're saying the Gardai were wrong to hijack it?

Would equating the Storey family to the Garda family not be more an appropriate an analogy?

Would equating SF to the Gardai and gov ministers be a more appropriate scenario?

Will you toddle off now or will you answer the questions?

Angelo

Anyone want to count the number of Gardai for Dublin7?

Orior

As far as I am aware, Michelle O'Neill already apologised for an error in judgement. What else could / should Sinn Fein do to satisfy those who are upset by the PPS ruling?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Pretty sure there were prominent members of FF and FG at the Garda funeral including Charlie Flanagan a minister, if reports are to be believed.

Applesisapples

If you knew anything about Republican communities up here, which your posts indicate you don't, you would know that if SF did nothing the Storey funeral would have been a free for all, thousands would have turned up anyway and SF would be pissing off a large chunk of their electorate. Again I think that they got it wrong, but I'd guess that they made a calculated decision that it would be worse to not be involved.

armaghniac

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 31, 2021, 01:51:32 PM
Pretty sure there were prominent members of FF and FG at the Garda funeral including Charlie Flanagan a minister, if reports are to be believed.

Charlie Flanagan was a has been. There is a difference between him and a leader. If Gerry Adams had gone to Storey funeral and O'Neill and McDonald had stayed away then there wouldn't have been an issue. That is what leadership is about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2021, 02:41:26 PM

Charlie Flanagan was a has been. There is a difference between him and a leader. If Gerry Adams had gone to Storey funeral and O'Neill and McDonald had stayed away then there wouldn't have been an issue. That is what leadership is about.

For me there is a difference between a Garda who was on killed in the line of duty serving his country and Bobby Storey who at best was a lay citizen and, well at worst, someone trying to destroy the state. One funeral deserves to have leaders of the country at it and the other doesn't.

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on March 31, 2021, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2021, 02:41:26 PM

For me there is a difference between a Garda who was on killed in the line of duty serving his country and Bobby Storey who at best was a lay citizen and, well at worst, someone trying to destroy the state. One funeral deserves to have leaders of the country at it and the other doesn't.

The mask slips. Your concern has nothing to do with public health. You're outrage is totally dependant on who was in the coffin - ergo you, like Column Eastwood and co. are just using a man's funeral (disregarding his family's grief) in order to score the cheapest of political points. Does covid not spread at Garda funerals, no?