Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 01, 2021, 11:37:01 PM
Rock didn't look too happy today either

Wasn't great body language from Rock sitting in the stands after being subbed. Probably reading too much into it however.

Any word on O'Hora's injury, did he end up fracturing a rib?Did John Small pick up another injury in the second half today? I missed what happened.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 02, 2021, 01:01:52 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 01, 2021, 11:37:01 PM
Rock didn't look too happy today either

Wasn't great body language from Rock sitting in the stands after being subbed. Probably reading too much into it however.

Any word on O'Hora's injury, did he end up fracturing a rib?Did John Small pick up another injury in the second half today? I missed what happened.

More than likely I suppose ya, but then again when after such a long period of dominance you bring in a new manager and things aren't going as well they used to these issues crop up

The word I was hearing in croke park the last day is that it was a rib injury so he'd probably be strapped up and back in time for Dublin

I was wondering that myself, could've just been a case of giving Murchan minutes but he didn't look right coming off
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

TheGreatest

Really don't want to go through another Mayo match, its too stressful.

Mayo have a great shout imo, but nothing focuses the Dubs more than the sight of the Mayo Jersey.

Dublin have a lot of work to do over the next 2 weeks to get to Mayo's level  of intensity they bring to games.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 02, 2021, 07:19:08 AM

Mayo have a great shout imo, but nothing focuses the Dubs more than the sight of the Mayo Jersey.

Dublin have a lot of work to do over the next 2 weeks to get to Mayo's level  of intensity they bring to games.

It was only one half of a game in reality.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tubberman

Quote from: seafoid on August 02, 2021, 08:58:22 AM
Hard to believe this was 15 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGs-0u1E3uw

It was a completely different era in terms of Mayo teams consistentcy, conditioning etc, but it was an amazing day!
The drama and the noise were unbelievable.
Some of the Rossies who were there for their minor team even lost the run of themselves and were roaring on Mayo  ;D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Some of us did indeed let ourselves down that day :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Ah it was a great day for the west!
Normal hostilities resumed thereafter.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2021, 09:52:32 AM

The Dubs project had already started by then.
It was only a few years later that total Leinster dominance was a reality.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mayo4Sam14

And nothing focused Mayo more than the sight of a Dublin jersey

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on August 02, 2021, 10:26:44 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2021, 09:52:32 AM

The Dubs project had already started by then.
It was only a few years later that total Leinster dominance was a reality.

5 years later 2011 was not only Dublins first All-Ireland since 1995 but also their first final appearance.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

dublin7

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 02, 2021, 12:33:07 PM

I expect Mayo to finally end their Dublin hoodoo and win the semi final, however I then expect them to be be battered in the final by Kerry in yet another All Ireland defeat.

Despite this I think Dublin would give Kerry a better game in the final. Kerry wouldn't fear Mayo or Dublin, but they'd be alot more wary of the dubs

imtommygunn

Anyone would think the dubs were finished reading this. They don't look the perfectly slick team that make zero mistakes any more but they probably make way less than the rest. I would love to see Mayo beat them but Mayo have a lot of very new players and this game is a massive step up for them. It's still a massive ask for them.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: dublin7 on August 02, 2021, 10:05:06 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 02, 2021, 12:33:07 PM

I expect Mayo to finally end their Dublin hoodoo and win the semi final, however I then expect them to be be battered in the final by Kerry in yet another All Ireland defeat.

Despite this I think Dublin would give Kerry a better game in the final. Kerry wouldn't fear Mayo or Dublin, but they'd be alot more wary of the dubs

That said, Kerry don't quite have the mean streak over Mayo that they had 10 years ago, I wouldn't expect any of those three teams to fear anyone

Mayo4Sam14

I know I've been saying it for ten years now, but this is definitely the year 😁😁

It's very easy to become cynical following Mayo, but I'm going to stay positive while we're still in with a shout