International Match

Started by Lamh Dhearg Alba, October 14, 2008, 12:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on October 20, 2023, 10:52:28 AMInternational game returns tomorrow at Pairc Esler and live on TG4. GAA seem to be taking it more seriously with several articles on the website the last few days and a few top tier players selected. There were a few years there pre Covid where it got very little prominence at all. Hopefully it will be a good contest.

As long as they don't cut the crap out of the pitch..
 ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on October 20, 2023, 10:52:28 AMInternational game returns tomorrow at Pairc Esler and live on TG4. GAA seem to be taking it more seriously with several articles on the website the last few days and a few top tier players selected. There were a few years there pre Covid where it got very little prominence at all. Hopefully it will be a good contest.

Still have a dent in my shin from playing it lol!

Played a few tournaments back in the day, I'd say its closer to a GAA sport than the Aussie stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Kids arrived home from School with free tickets, anyone want one or two or three?

Bord na Mona man

Seems like Ireland won handy enough in the end. I wonder is it ever worth the Irish players reverting to the older style of longer hurls with a thinner bas like hurlers had before the '00s?

burdizzo

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on October 21, 2023, 05:43:53 PMSeems like Ireland won handy enough in the end. I wonder is it ever worth the Irish players reverting to the older style of longer hurls with a thinner bas like hurlers had before the '00s?

Reading the report, it was an awful lot of frees, and surely the hurls would be better adapted for that?

Played a bit of shinty in Scotland in the '90s, and got good crack out of it, and got to tour parts of the highlands and islands I'd never have otherwise gone to. And a lot of beer-ing, too. As I recall, about half our side were Irish lads, most of whom would've had some hurling experience. Played a match against UCD - or was it Trinity? - where we swapped sticks at half time. Maybe that'd be a 'fun' thing to do in the international matches?!