The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 21, 2021, 12:41:10 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 21, 2021, 12:36:22 AM
Some putt by Rahm on 18 for birdie
It would be nice to see him win it after the recent Covid debacle. Too late for me 😴. Bloody Pacific Time!

Pacific time is great!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on June 21, 2021, 12:53:49 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 21, 2021, 12:41:10 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 21, 2021, 12:36:22 AM
Some putt by Rahm on 18 for birdie
It would be nice to see him win it after the recent Covid debacle. Too late for me 😴. Bloody Pacific Time!

Pacific time is great!
I think Oosty is bolloxed so that's me for bed! Enjoy.

JPGJOHNNYG

Yep all over. If only Rory could putt oh and not have so many brain farts

screenexile

Rambo has it now he played brilliantly today very few of the lads at the top of the leaderboard this morning are under par. His 4 under was brilliant!

Also 11/1 at the start of the day was worth the sneaky 5er!

Mikhail Prokhorov

Gutsy from Rahm to birdie the last 2 for the win

Great speech too, real class act  ;)

Just the usual major sunday from mcilroy, couldn't handle the heat on the back 9

wearing yellow trousers and a purple top prob didn't help, even leyton wouldn't have donned that clobber   ;D

mouview

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 21, 2021, 12:57:42 AM

If only Rory could just hit the fairway with his drives. Usual cause of his problems. Putting wasn't too bad over the week, and on the law of averages, enough of them would drop eventually.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: mouview on June 21, 2021, 09:35:08 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 21, 2021, 12:57:42 AM

If only Rory could just hit the fairway with his drives. Usual cause of his problems. Putting wasn't too bad over the week, and on the law of averages, enough of them would drop eventually.
His driving has been better of late.  The big problem was that 3 putt followed by the double bogey mess. At least Rahm won. At one point we had about 9 guys on -4 it would have been ridiculous for the whole lot of them to fall back and Harris English win who was hardly shown all day

trailer

Didn't get to see a lot of the golf as it was on late, few comments

Torrey Pines doesn't really come across as a great course. Am I wrong? Anyone played it?
Hard to like Bryson when he blasts the ball straight at the crowd and refuses to shout fore. A full time w**ker if you ask me.
It's coming together for Rory. I'd say another major isn't far away.
Delighted for Rahm, a worthy winner and he's a handy golfer.

thebigfella

McIlroy very unlucky with that double, 99 times of 100 that ball doesn't plug.

He had no shot for his 3rd but doesn't matter as the right person won. Rahm played the best golf yesterday.

thewobbler

Torrey Pines is really not a great venue at all. Great views, but very little in the way of memorable holes or shots.

Rahm proved the bookies right in the end. He does seem to be a guy who improves day on day at each tournament.

But my key learning from the weekend is that west coast golf makes for shit times for us over here, and it should be banned.

Taylor

For the viewer Torrey Pines is a boring course - difficult but boring.

Bryson comes across as an arrogant p***k.

Delighted to see Rahm win - had a super final day.

Before the 4th round Rory just seemed to be delighted to be in contention - but his putting  :o

Edit - just see me and trailer have similar views  :-X

trailer

Quote from: thewobbler on June 21, 2021, 02:42:09 PM
Torrey Pines is really not a great venue at all. Great views, but very little in the way of memorable holes or shots.

Rahm proved the bookies right in the end. He does seem to be a guy who improves day on day at each tournament.

But my key learning from the weekend is that west coast golf makes for shit times for us over here, and it should be banned.

Really should be in all SERIOUS Political Parties manifestos.

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on June 21, 2021, 02:46:14 PM

Before the 4th round Rory just seemed to be delighted to be in contention - but his putting  :o

Everyone gets on board with my views sooner or later.

Louther

Where it went wrong for McIlroy was on the par 3 the hole before the ball plugging. He'd wobbled on hole prior to par 3 but saved par. Hit the green safely and 3 putted. The. Hit a poor drive and approach to end up in bunker where he did. I'm sure he was rattled from the 3 putt and felt he'd blow it with such a tight leaderboard at the time, just as several imploded at same stage.

His over all game was good and he not far away, think he just needs to be more consistent and get into contention regularly again on the last day.

Great to see Rahm win. His course management was brilliant, driving was steady all day.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on June 21, 2021, 02:47:39 PM
Quote from: Taylor on June 21, 2021, 02:46:14 PM

Everyone gets on board with my views sooner or later.

Looks that way trailer............or what is it they say about a broken clock  ;)