Meath GAA

Started by slane85, October 14, 2007, 07:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

who's playing in the Meath decider?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

CavanCola

I think Senchelstown play the winners of the replay between Wolf Tones and Navan O'Mahonys in senior.
Oldcastle V the winners of Nobber and Kilmainhamwood in the intermediate.
Looks like the 2 replays will be next sunday. Games are stacking up with the Leinster championship on the horizon. 

sammymaguire

Quote from: CavanCola on October 12, 2009, 08:57:30 PM
I think Senchelstown play the winners of the replay between Wolf Tones and Navan O'Mahonys in senior.
Looks like the 2 replays will be next sunday. Games are stacking up with the Leinster championship on the horizon.

cheers Cavan, not sure how Tones and Navan went on Sunday
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Louth Exile

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 13, 2009, 08:39:47 AM
Quote from: CavanCola on October 12, 2009, 08:57:30 PM

cheers Cavan, not sure how Tones and Navan went on Sunday

Tones should have won it in normal time and were then lucky to get the draw AET
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

lynchbhoy

Senchelstown quietly lurking in the final
Big joe Sheridan having a good season and by all accounts the kentstown lads should just about pip either tones or Mahoneys if they keep up current form.
Didnt play well v Summerhill but still ground out a 1 point win !
Summerhill an up and coming team (though in true s'hill fashion, they are always up and coming but never really arrive)

CavanCola

Any word on the tones v O'Mahonys replay? heard there is an objection from Tones in relation to the sending off in extra time that might delay it.

thejuice

Its meant to be this Sunday but we'll have to wait for the outcome of these objections. I think their arguement was that there shouldnt have been extra time, (I believe they are wrong) and therefore should have their player back for the replay. If that is their arguement then I can't imagine it taking very long to be thrown out.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Well the final between Tones and Senchalstown that was meant to be played this Sunday is off due to protests from O'Mahoney's.

Its hard to know who is right or wong but the whole thing is a mess and I wont say too much but the County Board shouldnt have let it get to this stage no matter which club is in the wrong. We are already behind schedule to other counties and it would be sad if there was no Meath club in the Leinster championship.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

CavanCola

Oldcastle intermediate champs! 8) $$$$ 8)
Some of these lads have to get a run with the meath county setup.
Might do OK in the Leinster championship if they stay focused.
Fantastic team to watch playing. Their work rate was phenomenal the other day.

thejuice

Oldcastle won handy enough. Wonder will they stay long in Senior level.

Senchalstown Vs Tones this Sunday.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: CavanCola on October 28, 2009, 10:36:59 AM
play nice football and are in complete contrast to the oldcastle of 10 years ago and more.
However they are very small and I cant see too many of them being good enough for intercounty - but possibly one or two could be.
Def a very hard working, fit passing and moving football side.
Play it like 7 a side.

CavanCola

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 30, 2009, 12:07:06 PM
Quote from: CavanCola on October 28, 2009, 10:36:59 AM
play nice football and are in complete contrast to the oldcastle of 10 years ago and more.
However they are very small and I cant see too many of them being good enough for intercounty - but possibly one or two could be.
Def a very hard working, fit passing and moving football side.
Play it like 7 a side.

Some of the lads I have in mind are still minor grade. Loads of potential and time to still make the grade at senior intercounty.

Quote from: thejuice on October 30, 2009, 11:54:48 AM
Oldcastle won handy enough. Wonder will they stay long in Senior level.

Senchalstown Vs Tones this Sunday.

They have beaten plenty of big bulky team in the summer. Dunderry and Walterstown for example. I don't think size is going to stop them from staying up in senior and they certainly have youth on their side.

Eastern_Pride

Ok lads just to settle  a score with someone......

Is Kigscourt in Cavan or Meath? I have to know!
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

CavanCola

Louth Exile

The town of Kingscourt is in Cavan, but there are some surrounding townlands that are part of Kingscourt are in county Meath. Similar to Drogheda being in Louth and Kilcock being in Kildare, all of these three towns are part in Meath.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com