GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

CO'C broke his leg in 2 places  :o i'm sure everyone wishes a committed GAA player a swift recovery
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tomorrow is another day

Lads,

A friend of mine will be staying in London City Centre (around Covent Garden) on all ireland sunday. He would like to see the football final - do any of you know where is the closest place for him to go to watch it??

Cheers

waitingforsam

http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/london/

waxy o connors pub, they streamline the match & is good enough quality, there will be nowhere else near convent garden.

Waxys is between leicester sq & picidilly circ, 10 mins walk from convent garden.......
Been waiting since '94

Tomorrow is another day

Cheers Waitingforsam!

I know the spot

inisceithleann

St Peter's play John Mitchel's in the Lancashire SFC final on Sunday 4th October.

St Peter's beat St. Lawrence's comfortably in the end after a bad start, when they went 4 points down. Was anyone at the Oisin's and John Mitchel's game?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

maddog

County hurling final this weekend ?

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: maddog on September 22, 2009, 12:24:55 PM

Yes Maddog 4pm. Should be well up for it but so will they after last years mugging

maddog

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on September 22, 2009, 10:17:29 PM
Quote from: maddog on September 22, 2009, 12:24:55 PM

Yes Maddog 4pm. Should be well up for it but so will they after last years mugging

at least conditions should be a bit more conducive to hurling than last years bog.

BennyHarp

Yorkshire Championship semi finals take place this weekend - Young Irelands v St Benedicts at 1pm and CuCuchlains v Hugh o'Neills at 2.15pm. Both games at Beeston in Leeds!

First game could be close - never much between those two teams - but i'd expect Cuchulainns to win the second game easy enough!
That was never a square ball!!

maddog

Well done to John Mitchells hurlers yesterday on lifting the county title, beating Fullen Gaels in the process.

Where we giong this year plastic Paddy ? ;D

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: maddog on September 28, 2009, 12:26:42 PM
Well done to John Mitchells hurlers yesterday on lifting the county title, beating Fullen Gaels in the process.

Down to London on the 1 Nov v Granuaille or Clann Na Gael

maddog

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on October 04, 2009, 05:52:20 PM
Quote from: maddog on September 28, 2009, 12:26:42 PM

Down to London on the 1 Nov v Granuaille or Clann Na Gael

Should make that trip alright. I think the railway cup final is the following week as well.

Rossfan

When is the Yorkshire Final on ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rossfan on October 07, 2009, 06:29:20 PM

Yorkshire final is on this sunday (11th of october) at Beeston i think at 2pm - Young Irelands v Cuchulainns - should be an interesting game, Young Irelands have improved alot as the year has progressed and beat Cuchulainns up in Newcastle earlier in the year!

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 09, 2009, 01:05:03 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 07, 2009, 06:29:20 PM

Yorkshire final is on this sunday (11th of october) at Beeston i think at 2pm - Young Irelands v Cuchulainns - should be an interesting game, Young Irelands have improved alot as the year has progressed and beat Cuchulainns up in Newcastle earlier in the year!

Cuchulainns won the Yorkshire championship today at Beeston! 1-7 to 0-3, a big wind (as usual at Beeston) ruined the game as a spectacle but was a good hard fought game! Cuchulainns now play John Mitchells in the first round of the all britain in Newcastle next weekend!