GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

yeah. poor enough games to be fair. Oisins struck late to win and mitchels too good for a poor peters side

innocent bystander

Yeah agree tickle was shocked at how poor Peters were, Mitchels never got out of first gear.  At least the Brendans Oisin match had a bit of championship hitting and pace about it if not the quality.  i think the final will be better quality 

Maroon Manc

Is the Lancashire final this Sunday or next?

Oisins will have to improve drastically on their performance against Brendans although Mitchels without Molloy & Lynam are certainly not as impressive in previous years.

oakleaf93

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 22, 2015, 09:50:08 PM
Is the Lancashire final this Sunday or next?

Oisins will have to improve drastically on their performance against Brendans although Mitchels without Molloy & Lynam are certainly not as impressive in previous years.

This Sunday. Old Bedians I believe

Zulu

Best of luck to the Scotland ladies Gaelic footballers this weekend who play Louth in Croke Park in the All Ireland junior football final.

Maroon Manc

Comfortable win for Mitchels today, they were 0-9 to 0-2 up at half time. Oisins did get back to within a point halfway through the seconds half but Mitchels took control again to win by 0-16 to 1-8.

Did Benedicts win in Yorkshire?

Zulu

O'Neills won in Yorkshire.

Maroon Manc

Where have Hugh O'Neills come from? Thought Benedicts were now the dominant force in Leeds!!

Mitchels are on the good side of the draw for the All Britain, they'll make the final again although not sure how far they'll go.

BennyHarp

What's the scores in the All Britain today. O'Neills took an almighty pasting from Connollys 12-18 to 0-5 or something like that. How did Mitchell's get on?
That was never a square ball!!

tiempo

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 11, 2015, 08:15:51 PM
What's the scores in the All Britain today. O'Neills took an almighty pasting from Connollys 12-18 to 0-5 or something like that. How did Mitchell's get on?

That was some fisting they got right enuf.

theticklemister

mitchels up by 2 at ht and coasted home, macdermotts down by 12 at ht and won by 6!!!

follow lancashire GAA on facebook for good updates and interviews about players.

theticklemister

how did o'neills beat u benny? on the hop?
everyone knew they were gonna get tanked.

BennyHarp

Quote from: theticklemister on October 13, 2015, 08:30:16 PM
how did o'neills beat u benny? on the hop?
everyone knew they were gonna get tanked.

Ah sure we lost for a whole load of reasons. We were weak enough this year coming into the championship and have lost a good few influential players. Plus the fixtures have become a bit of a joke in Yorkshire. Benedicts last game before the championship final in September was a pennine league game in early July and the senior team played a grand total of 3 games between a Yorkshire league final v O'Neills on May 10th and the Yorkshire final on Sept 27th. That's less than a game per month. I'm not saying that's why we lost, because I'm sure o'neills didn't have many more games but it might explain why Yorkshire teams are so under prepared when they play outside the county. (I am aware that Scottish teams don't have a huge pile of games either) Hugh O'Neills did have a Yorkshire semi final v Cuchullainns which probably bought them on a little bit more and might just have got them over the line in a very close final. Again, not an excuse as games between us and them are always a bit of a war of attrition which can go either way and O'Neills deserved their win on the day.
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

I would like us in Lancashire and youse in Yorkshire to come together as one county board. Help every team involved I believe and give more games. Lawrence's and Wolfe tones are of the same calibre but just not as good as u and oneills and Newcastle. This could be intermediate. While jfks could go with st. Mary's Chester and oisins seconds in the junior with Huddersfield. The rest could go senior.

carnaross

That looks like a basis for next year's Pennine League?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.