Friday Night Football

Started by Minus15, June 08, 2021, 08:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: Taylor on June 10, 2021, 07:34:39 AM
Quote from: general_lee on June 09, 2021, 09:35:02 PM
Seeing this debate going on with Armagh on Twitter and and a county player (who funnily enough can't play for his club) calling for Friday/Saturday night games. The reality is you can't please everyone all of the time. What I would say though is if you're raging you can't drink every weekend then maybe senior football isn't for you.

Personally I think Friday night games should be used as and when they are practical. If two clubs are within 15/20 mins of each other then they should be given a Friday night fixture. Any club with suitable floodlighting should be given Friday night fixtures for their home games.

Saturday games are a bit different. If you've lads playing soccer, you may well be forcing them to choose. Also younger lads, students etc with part time jobs. Are you going to ask them to sacrifice their income to come play and possibly sit on the bench? Also the thing on the drinking culture. The lads in our club don't need a second invitation. They might go at it of a Sunday after a match, but they'll be working Monday and training Tuesday. If they went at it of a satry you can guarantee Sunday will be another pint show. Makes Monday training almost pointless.

If thats the case then maybe senior football isnt for you
It's not the case, personally I'd rather shite in my hands and clap than play soccer on a Saturday. I know plenty of fellas like to do both, some are fit to do both, some even get paid for it. Fridays or Sundays for me