Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

With the National Hurling League 2020 done and dusted, attention won't be long about turning to the 2020 Provincials.

Laois v Galway on May 9th at MW Hire O’Moore Park, Portlaoise.
Kilkenny v Laois on May 16th at UPMC Nowlan Park, Kilkenny.
Dublin v Laois on May 31st at Parnell Park, Dublin.
Laois v Wexford on June 6th or 7th at MW Hire O’Moore Park, Portlaoise.

On June 13th and 14th another round of games take place between our four opponents.

June 28th sees the Leinster Final take place in Croke Park.

Lets hope that the Covid-19 outbreak doesn't get any worse and compromise this year's hurling championship.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

The PRO

I presume this won't be happening on the basis it was originally scheduled to? Knockout with a backdoor maybe?

G@@

Laois V Dublin on October 23rd/24th - winners face Kilkenny on Hallowe'en

Anyone good a got vibe about this?
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

Dublin!!

Excuse the flippancy! Obviously it's the best draw we could've got, and if the lads have been keeping in shape, and if a few of the absentees come back, then there's no reason not to be hopeful. Is it right to assume that the first drawn team is at home?

Ogie

If your Mattie Kenny or the Dublin squad it's the draw you want too, motivation will be easy to find.
Still it's the best draw we could have hoped for.

Giovanni

Any word on the lads that were supposed to be travelling this year? I'd imagine some of them must be back given all that's been happening?

redsetanta

I see where Cha and Ben Conroy have transferred back to their clubs
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

smcder

Any chance the games are going to be streamed like in other counties

Keyser Söze

They will surely have to explore it from a revenue point of view?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 17, 2020, 07:32:29 AM
They will surely have to explore it from a revenue point of view?

Are you referring to the club championship? I hope they are some how even if it is a Facebook live effort. Would be great if they can stick a few good quality cameras into OMP and charge a fiver or so to watch online. However I'd say there is huge competition for media providers in other counties so could be a struggle.

Keyser Söze

Sorry yes, I was referring to the club championship.   
I can see an larger that planned easing of restrictions at outdoor venues with pre Covid accredited spectator capacities in the next phase (I.e. county grounds).

Ogie

Is there any news on Laois Gaa streaming's the Club Senior games this weekend??

First Round predictions -
Camross
Clough Ballacolla
Ballinakill
Castletown

merman

I actually disagree on all 4 predictions Ogie. Definitely a first.

merman

Quote from: Ogie on July 27, 2020, 11:38:45 AM
Is there any news on Laois Gaa streaming's the Club Senior games this weekend??

I think there is a meeting tonight to hopefully confirm everything.

Keyser Söze

Looking forward to the games & excited about this streaming. It sounds like it's going to be the business.

For what it's worth I agree with Laois Today (rare) that this type of season will suit both CloughBallacolla and Camross. But I don't think either will be very wound up about winning the first round. A good performance for both would suffice to get going, particularly Clough Ballacolla. They have had their seasons derailed by bad bearings too often in recent years and need to avoid that at all costs tomorrow night.