Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

sammymaguire

We are back to being the laughing stock of Ulster football now lads  :-[
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

I think the most depressing thing is that i cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel.
We have been known for being a strong defensive unit but that seems now to be gone.
We are leaking scores for fun and have got into the losing habit. 
James Sherry from all accounts had a great game but he cannot do it all.
No point looking for the missing men(Murphy, Little, Quigley).They have made there choices and are gone.
A county with our playing pool cannot afford to lose men of their quality but it was their choice.  The management had no say in it.
Would love to see Owens playing again but being realistic he has had some very serious injuries.

We face a Cavan team in the championship who have 2 gifted corner forwads in Mackey and Johnston and i can see them having a field day.
Morale within the camp looks to be at a low and i suppose the only way should be up from this point.
The only problem is that i think that we have not reached the bottom yet.

I have heard people stating that O'Rourke should go.
Utter rubbish in my opinion. 
He has done a great job with a limited pool of players.
What worries me the most is if he stands aside, then who replaces him??
We could be stuck in division 4 for a while if Malachy does not stay on for another year
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

haranguerer

I'd be confident Malachy would stay for a good while yet. Certainly hope he does - hes the right man for the job.

ExiledGael

I'd hope so too but after the summer it's hard to see the league of 2011 and trips to Leitrim, London, Kilkenny and Carlow appealing much to him, especially if the disgruntled clowns keep up their yapping.
Still don't know what to say after Sunday's game, things can only get better I suppose. May as well play just as bad against Cavan in the last game and hope then to catch them on the hop in the big one come summer.
On the plus side there seems to be talk that Seanie Johnston is really struggling on Cavan boards, hope the rumours are true. Him and Mackey would destroy our defence as it is at present.

Denn Forever

On an unrelated topic, there have been some fluffies of snow here in Cavan town.  Has there been any snow in Enniskillen?  We are playing in the U21s there on Wednesday night.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ExiledGael

At least two inches in parts, unreal again. Match would have to be doubtful.

haranguerer

Quote from: hardstation on March 29, 2010, 10:54:45 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on March 29, 2010, 08:45:44 PM
I'd hope so too but after the summer it's hard to see the league of 2011 and trips to Leitrim, London, Kilkenny and Carlow appealing much to him, especially if the disgruntled clowns keep up their yapping.
Still don't know what to say after Sunday's game, things can only get better I suppose. May as well play just as bad against Cavan in the last game and hope then to catch them on the hop in the big one come summer.
On the plus side there seems to be talk that Seanie Johnston is really struggling on Cavan boards, hope the rumours are true. Him and Mackey would destroy our defence as it is at present.
Nice.

I hope they're true too. And if they were playing Antrim, so would you.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: haranguerer on March 30, 2010, 11:20:45 AM
Nice.

Our boys had him in their back pockets last June ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 30, 2010, 09:47:31 AM
On an unrelated topic, there have been some fluffies of snow here in Cavan town.  Has there been any snow in Enniskillen?  We are playing in the U21s there on Wednesday night.

Snow is beginning to lie in town centre, forecast is for it to get worse tonight.

unitedireland

The Gaels were playing the rock Tyrone on sunday, who won?
i read in the Irish news that cieran gourley hurt his knee again during the game against the Gaels, 5 years after the last time, suspected acl injury.

Newtown beat Dromore at the weekend, Dromore were only missing the 3 Tyrone players
Aghyarn beat devenish last week but devenish were missing 5 county players.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: hardstation on March 30, 2010, 07:05:49 PM
Nice.

You stay classy.

And the best of luck to Stevie O'Neill and all injured Tyrone players, in their recovery.

Is it the time of the month for you HS?
second thread tonight which you are acting "bitchy" in.
Exiled Gael was not revelling in Jelly being hurt,rather his potential missing of the Games against our neighbours in the near future.
You need to stop looking for problems,where there are none.  ::)

ExiledGael

Get a grip of yourself FFS.
We're struggling at the minute and already relegated, the one aim for the season is a Championship run, even a win.
We play Cavan first up and thier best forward is a doubt. I would rather not face him.
Unlike your pathetic analogy I don't wish that he never plays again. Owens has been fighting to save his career for a few years now, Johnston is struggling with an arm injury.

Denn Forever

Will the game be on in Enniskillen tonight?

A report from our correspondant on the scene...
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

haranguerer

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2010, 12:03:16 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 30, 2010, 11:20:43 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 30, 2010, 07:05:49 PM
Nice.

You stay classy.

And the best of luck to Stevie O'Neill and all injured Tyrone players, in their recovery.
Exiled Gael was not revelling in Jelly being hurt,rather his potential missing of the Games against our neighbours in the near future.
He wants him to be injured longer. Not a nice comment to be honest.

For example, "I hope Barry Owens never plays football again so it'll be handier for us any time we meet them in the future".

Sorry, but I find it classless.

Classless is acting outraged and indignant in an attempt to come across as some sort of protector of morality, when it seems that in actual fact that is very far from the truth.

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 31, 2010, 10:20:34 AM
Will the game be on in Enniskillen tonight?

A report from our correspondant on the scene...

Denn, I drove past Brewster Pk @ 8:30am and there was what looked like a pretty thick covering of snow.  It is getting a bit warmer though and the snow is disappearing from the roof of the building opposite me...