Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

sammymaguire

never heard, thought someone would have stuck this up if so  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Emmett

Haven't heard any word of the championship draw yet

After chatting to quite a few people there could well be a decent Fermanagh contingent down in Offaly this weekend. Hopefully the players will be recovered after their seemingly brutal training weekend at the Curragh camp. Here would be my starting 15 for the opening league fixture (bearing in mind that Ryan Keenan has left the panel)

C Breen
M OBrien
S Lyons
S Goan
R Foy
T McElroy (if fit)
B Mulrone
J Sherry
R Jones
D Kelly
C Flaherty
D Keenan
A McCarron
R Carson
M Keenan

The forward line is still the troublesome area but hopefully will improve when Rory Gallagher and Eamonn join the fold

118cmal

haranguerer

Has the nfl panel being finalised?

bennylewis

The word is the bonding weekend in kildare was a disaster, players getting hosed with cold water as they shower, running about the place carrying logs, sleeping in sub standard accomodation, getting flogged the week before the start of the league, sounds like the pressure is on the management and panic is setting in already   >:(

Caid

Quote from: bennylewis on February 03, 2010, 08:47:00 PM
The word is the bonding weekend in kildare was a disaster, players getting hosed with cold water as they shower, running about the place carrying logs, sleeping in sub standard accomodation, getting flogged the week before the start of the league, sounds like the pressure is on the management and panic is setting in already   >:(

Bullshit
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Paper Aeroplane

Well said Caid!

Lets hope for a good start on Sun.

sammymaguire

why is Seamie Quigley not on the panel again? best forward in the county by a stretch last year  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Caid

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 05, 2010, 06:18:43 PM
why is Seamie Quigley not on the panel again? best forward in the county by a stretch last year  ???

Few stories pointing to a "can't be arsed" attitude - not sure if they are true or not.  Big loss though.  Adding him and Rory into last years team would have made for a much stronger forward line (on paper at least).
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

sammymaguire

don't need lads like that in the panel anyway, toxic attitude would spread and do untold damage - does he play soccer for Ballinamallard, I heard that but didn't believe it.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ExiledGael

Wouldn't surprise me, know he's pretty handy at it and played for Clones and maybe Monaghan.
What's this about Ryan Keenan?

Caid

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 05, 2010, 06:34:32 PM
Wouldn't surprise me, know he's pretty handy at it and played for Clones and maybe Monaghan.
What's this about Ryan Keenan?

Not sure of the details of why he was huffing but word is he's back anyway.

FermPundit

Disappointing start to the league. Ger Tracey was very downbeat on Radio Ulster.

9 wides and 8 balls dropped into the keeper's hands. 

5 of Fermanagh's forwards didn't even feature in the championship last season. It was a big ask to win down in Tullamore, especially when you think of the lack of experience in the forward line.

Mattie Keenan and Daryl Keenan appartently missed scoreable fress as well. Surely Rory should take on this responsibility?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

sammymaguire

another year of misplaced optimism  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermPundit

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 07, 2010, 04:20:13 PM
another year of misplaced optimism  ???

We were missing Ryan Carson, Eamon Maguire, Ciaran McElroy and Mark Little from last year. Add to this Marty McGrath in midfield. I know it doesn't sound like many players but a county of our resources can ill afford to miss players of that quality.

If Rory makes himself unavailable in the next few weeks because of committments with St. Gall's, we might be in trouble.

Massive game against Roscommon next week.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.