Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

john mcgill

Whats the story about it being called the New York Gold Cup?

FermGael

It was O'Keefe and to be fair to him he played very well.  Also for Newtown Clive Fitz had a great game in defence to and Wilson pulled of one great save in the second half from Decky Fitz which would have brought Teemore right back into the game.
Think it is called the Gold cup because it was donated from the Fermanagh club in New York but i could be wrong.
Would love to see O'Rourke take the job but could you blame him if he turned it down.  WE will always have a great defence but forwards are few and far between
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

I think you're right FG about the naming of the New York Gold Cup. Daniel O'Keefe was outstanding today. He took this goal really well. I was also impressed with James Melarkey, he kept Stan very quiet. Barry Connolly also competed very well at midfield. Hes got a lot stronger looking since I last saw him play minor football.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

FermGael

Was impressed with Connollly myself but ruined his own performance by taking a rush of blood to the head.  Has improved alot over the past while

FermPundit

Quote from: FermGael on September 09, 2007, 08:10:31 PM
Was impressed with Connollly myself but ruined his own performance by taking a rush of blood to the head.  Has improved alot over the past while

I thought he was very unlucky to get sent off. I don't think he did a whole pile wrong. I couldn't believe how poor Teemore were today. They're a physcially strong side but they're not a great footballing wise. Ciaran Reilly and Barry Owens were very disappointing today.

ExiledGael

A lot of people are saying Connolly will get a call to the county squad next year. What about O'Keefe? He's a huge fella, pity he wasn't a forward

FermPundit

O'Keefe was really good today. His point in the 2nd half with his left foot was nearly as impressive as the goal he got.

Tempoman

Congrats to newtown, lets hope they give ulster a good crack, and dont give up on everything now.
Which county do they play in the ulster series???

topgun

nothing to do with the thread, thought i would take the opportunity to let us no that if anyones interested poker classic (texas) in the Harps club Armagh on friday night, 8 30pm start, £20 in, proceeds in aid of mencap, member of the harps running the New York marathon in november, all support greatly welcomed, see www.justgiving.com/paulhagan if anyone would like to contribute.

Thanks Topgun
a prophet is not recognised by his own

FermPundit

Quote from: Tempoman on September 10, 2007, 11:06:10 AM
Congrats to newtown, lets hope they give ulster a good crack, and dont give up on everything now.
Which county do they play in the ulster series???

Ulster Club Senior Football Championship 2007   

Preliminary Round   
  21st Oct
(a) 1. Cavan v 2. Donegal at Cavan

Quarter Finals    4th Nov 

(b) 4. Derry v 5. Fermanagh at Derry
  (c) 6. Monaghan v 7. Armagh at Monaghan 
  (d) 8. Tyrone v 9. Down at Omagh
  (e) 3. Antrim v (a) Cavan / Donegal
If: Antrim v Cavan at Casement Park
Antrim v Donegal at Ballybofey 

Semi Finals   

18th Nov Derry/Fermanagh v Antrim/Cavan/Donegal 
  Tyrone/Down v Monaghan/Armagh 

Final   
  25th Nov

ExiledGael

Christ poor Newtown could be on the end of some hammering from the Derry champions (Ballinderry almost certainly).
They beat Mayobridge last year 0-15 to 0-1 or something.

FermPundit

Yeah, its a tough draw for Newtown but there will be no pressure on them at all. I'd say they will be just happy enough to win the championship after 10 years.

believebelive

Quote from: FermPundit on September 10, 2007, 07:02:05 PM
I'd say they will be just happy enough to win the championship after 10 years.

And there lies the problem.

ExiledGael

Quote from: believebelive on September 10, 2007, 08:38:54 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on September 10, 2007, 07:02:05 PM
I'd say they will be just happy enough to win the championship after 10 years.

And there lies the problem.

Very true, them boys will be on a bender for weeks! They were bad enough when they won the league, they'll not give one shit for the Ulster series. They won it so I suppose it's their own choice

FermGael

Manor House SFL Div 1
Derrygonnelly 2-11, Enniskillen 1-5

It looks very much like Division 2 football for the us next year.
Was not at the match but there was no Bradley, McCabe, The 2 Keenans obviously, The 2 Brewsters, and Clucker.
Do not think that too many teams in fermanagh would be able to stay up missing players of that quality. 
We still have a chance but need to Beat Roslea and win 1 of our other reamining fixtures against Devenish or Derrygonnelly cause Roslea will win there last game.
Derrygonnelly play Roslea in their last game and it anybody thinks that the Harps are going to beat Roslea if it means that by doing do we stay up, then they can think again, league final or no league final to play for.