GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Anyone out in Ruislip last sunday last weekend for the senior semi finals and junior finals? Standard was pretty decent in patches but holy f**k it took a lot to get a free off any of the refs!

BennyHarp

Just wondering if anyone could help me here. I work in a sixth form college in the north of England and for the past few years i have been running an after college Gaelic football enhancement with the students. The plan has been to coach them in the skills of the game and through a sports leadership programme they then go into the local primary schools and coach the kids there. This has been working really well and the students at my college are loving it and have organised a few blitzes amongst the primary schools. The problem is that they are keen to get a few games themselves and im not really sure if there is any other schools or colleges of the same age group that are offering Gaelic football to play against. If anyone has any info or are involved with a school or college in this way can you let me know? We are prepared to travel to games anywhere in the country if needed! Cheers
That was never a square ball!!

southdown

Big win for St Peters yesterday, very impressive.

inisceithleann

Quote from: southdown on October 04, 2010, 01:14:19 PM
Big win for St Peters yesterday, very impressive.

Great second half performance by St. Peter's yesterday. Hopefully we can go on now and win the All-Britain. We've got the tough side of the draw though and it starts with a difficult game against Cuchullains of Yorkshire on Sunday.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

FermPundit

Congratulations to St Peter's on their All Britain victory today
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

BennyHarp

Well done to St Peters, 3-12 to 2-4 winners today! Seems like a good performance.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 17, 2010, 09:38:28 AM
Just wondering if anyone could help me here. I work in a sixth form college in the north of England and for the past few years i have been running an after college Gaelic football enhancement with the students. The plan has been to coach them in the skills of the game and through a sports leadership programme they then go into the local primary schools and coach the kids there. This has been working really well and the students at my college are loving it and have organised a few blitzes amongst the primary schools. The problem is that they are keen to get a few games themselves and im not really sure if there is any other schools or colleges of the same age group that are offering Gaelic football to play against. If anyone has any info or are involved with a school or college in this way can you let me know? We are prepared to travel to games anywhere in the country if needed! Cheers
Did you get fixed up with an opposing team?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 19, 2011, 09:59:21 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 17, 2010, 09:38:28 AM
Did you get fixed up with an opposing team?

Unfortunately not - we have just been doing training sessions with them and gaining their level 1 coaching qualifications so they are due to go into the primary schools coaching after February half term.

BennyHarp

The Pennine league Finals will take place this Sunday at Huddersfield's pitch at Colne Valley High School. The Division 2 final between Wolf Tones of Liverpool and Saint Benedicts Harps of Leeds will throw in at 1pm. The Division 1 Final between CuChulhains of Newcastle and John Mitchells of Liverpool or St Peters of Manchester will throw in at 2.30pm. Should be a good days football and great to see a mixture of counties represented.

carnaross

Cuchullains will play John Mitchel's after John Mitchel's beat St. Peter's last night.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

carnaross

Pennine Leafue results:
Plate final John F. Kennedy's 1-04, St. Lawrence's 1-11,
Div. 2 final St. Benedicts Harps 4-07, Wolfe Tones 2-10,
Div. 1 final Cuchullains 3-02, John Mitchel's 0-05.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

BennyHarp

Cuchullainns beat Mitchells in the All Britain club final today 1-6 to 0-6. Good hard game of football with better team probably winning in the end. Think they play the munster junior champions in the all Ireland quarter final.

irunthev

St Clarets GFC

Club notes Jan 8th 2012

The New Year is just in, but it is back to business with a bang for St Clarets GFC for what we intend to be a successful 2012. First order of business for the year will of course be the club's AGM, which will take place on the Sunday January 29th in the Botwell Club, Botwell Lane, Hayes, Middx at 4pm.

The club's new supporter's jerseys have arrived and are now available for purchase. The jersey, kindly sponsored by Corbyn Ltd, is currently available in x-large, large and medium and is priced at £30. For details on how to order your supporter's jersey, email stclarets@hotmail.com or contact a committee member.

New ideas and material for the club's ever-improving website www.stclarets.co.uk are always welcome. Please send them to stclarets@hotmail.com.

The club are always on the look-out for new players. For further details about the club, go to our website www.stclarets.co.uk or check out our Facebook page St Clarets GAA. Help with work and accommodation is always available. Further details about the club can also be obtained from John Kelly on 07884 473672 or via email at stclarets@hotmail.com. For further details on all matters relating to the underage group please contact Colm Lynott on 07761 785260.

This week's pause for sporting thought comes from the rather unusual source of one Lionel Bloch, Bob Hoskins' character in the film "Maid in Manhattan" (I know, I know, too much time on the sofa over Christmas). Anyway, Lionel's pearl of wisdom is as follows: "What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling."

time ticking away

irunthev, didn't realise you had returned to your london roots - you clarets pro now?  ;D
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

irunthev

Quote from: time ticking away on January 09, 2012, 12:01:36 AM
irunthev, didn't realise you had returned to your london roots - you clarets pro now?  ;D

Family matter.

Brother-in-law is Chairman, nephew now playing on the team (the cub you used to bounce on your knee) asked me to help build website and the rest just followed. I must be the only truly global PRO.....

I'm  Roy of the Rovers of the media game....