Feigning Injuries

Started by mrdeeds, March 06, 2023, 12:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

The best way to curtail it is to say that all physio interventions not related to fouls should be limited to 20 seconds or some number like that. Mostly lads have no need for a physio they just want to catch their breath after a bad belt or walk off a slight dead leg. Give them a few seconds relief if needs be but none of this minutes of physios holding their heads and rolling it about like the bolts have come loose.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mrdeeds

I was at Down game but not about that. Sean Kelly playacting for Galway shocking. I've seen Ethan Rafferty pushed in back recently going down and holding face. Needs to be stamped out.

square_ball

Quote from: trileacman on March 06, 2023, 03:31:42 PM
The best way to curtail it is to say that all physio interventions not related to fouls should be limited to 20 seconds or some number like that. Mostly lads have no need for a physio they just want to catch their breath after a bad belt or walk off a slight dead leg. Give them a few seconds relief if needs be but none of this minutes of physios holding their heads and rolling it about like the bolts have come loose.

I've said it in a previous post elsewhere - its the physios and doctors I feel sorry for having to run on and play along with this charade when they know there is sweet FA wrong with them.

There has been a noticeably bigger reaction to a few of the incidents over the weekend so it'll be in referees minds over the next few weeks I'd imagine.

lenny

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 06, 2023, 03:43:16 PM
I was at Down game but not about that. Sean Kelly playacting for Galway shocking. I've seen Ethan Rafferty pushed in back recently going down and holding face. Needs to be stamped out.

When players are doing it to waste time and run down the clock the referees shouldn't just add on the time wasted, they should add an additional minute on top for every time he can see there is obviously a feigned injury. If teams see an additional 10 or 12 minutes being played they will think twice about playacting to try to hold on to a slim lead.

Rossfan

And who will decide it was a feigned injury?
Will the GAA have an independent doctor at every match?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrdeeds

Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2023, 05:39:28 PM

When a lad holds his face after been touched in chest it's feigning.

lenny

Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2023, 05:39:28 PM

It would be easy to implement for the top county games. The fourth official could watch action replays and get the message on to the ref to add further additional time as a consequence of cheating/feigning injury. The ref is miked up so it shouldn't be a problem.

thewobbler

The problem is you can't enforce a rule like this. If there's blood involved or a head hits the ground, no referee is going to enforce it, which just means they once again have to interpret things rather than apply rules, and will be subject to verbal abuse from all and sundry.

Lotto

Quote from: Maurice Moss on March 06, 2023, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 06, 2023, 02:08:42 PM
I think the management are bringing in a new mentality. Kilcooesque

Sure every county is at it?

And that makes it alright then. Kilcoo have taken this play acting to a whole new level never seen before in football, only natural that the Down manager would put this into his players now as many of the underhand tactics in Kilcoo are down to him.

twohands!!!

Use the same countdown clock the ladies game uses and this problem would vanish pretty much overnight.

All the current rules do is disadvantage any honest player and reward the cheats.

WhoDat

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 06, 2023, 03:43:16 PM

galway are quite bad for it. been part of their time wasting locker for a couple of years now.

Wildweasel74

How many of these bollacks would last in the physicality stakes with the old Meath Team. Them f**kers had be shot to go down, only thing is they expected the same machoism in return. I seen Keith Barr hit Colm O'Rourke a shoulder that stretchered him, and him Coming back on 10/15mins later. That physical toughness is long gone. Now we left with certain teams, and in other cases players on other teams diving, cheating, pretending they hurt. About time their own counties and team mates called them out on it. But u wonder if this is been coached into them, if so. Its shameful.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 06, 2023, 08:59:30 PM
How many of these bollacks would last in the physicality stakes with the old Meath Team. Them f**kers had be shot to go down, only thing is they expected the same machoism in return. I seem Keith Barr hit Colm O'Rourke a shoulder that stretchered him, and him Coming back on 10/15mins later. That physical toughness is long gone. Now we left with certain teams, and in other cases players on other teams diving, cheating, pretending they hurt. About time their own counties and team mates called them out on it. But u wonder if this is been coached into them, if so. Its shameful.

Yeah, that Meath team were real role models.  ::) Thank god that sort of sh1te is gone out of the game.

Itchy

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 06, 2023, 09:30:29 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 06, 2023, 08:59:30 PM
How many of these bollacks would last in the physicality stakes with the old Meath Team. Them f**kers had be shot to go down, only thing is they expected the same machoism in return. I seem Keith Barr hit Colm O'Rourke a shoulder that stretchered him, and him Coming back on 10/15mins later. That physical toughness is long gone. Now we left with certain teams, and in other cases players on other teams diving, cheating, pretending they hurt. About time their own counties and team mates called them out on it. But u wonder if this is been coached into them, if so. Its shameful.

Yeah, that Meath team were real role models.  ::) Thank god that sort of sh1te is gone out of the game.

I'd say that old Meath team would beat today's counterparts, even though most of them are in their 60s

grounded

Quote from: thewobbler on March 06, 2023, 07:04:03 PM

The problem is you can't enforce a rule like this. If there's blood involved or a head hits the ground, no referee is going to enforce it, which just means they once again have to interpret things rather than apply rules, and will be subject to verbal abuse from all and sundry.

Correct and possibly opening themselves and GAA to legal repurcussions should the player actually have a serious injury.
       Its a mess. Out of interest what happens in a similar injury scenario(feigned or genuine) in Aussie rules?