Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on November 26, 2015, 04:58:17 PM
Team Talk saying Tyrone GAA say minor players exhonerated from Donegal game... waiting now for Donegal to refute that. Been here before...

It wasn't team talk, it was the Tyrone county board!
That was never a square ball!!

driveherin

BennyHarp

Quote from: driveherin on November 27, 2015, 11:04:09 AM
does anyone really care???

Well, its prompted you to make your first post so........
That was never a square ball!!

redhandloo

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 27, 2015, 11:39:20 AM

Well, its prompted you to make your first post so........

I would imagine the families of the lads that were wrongly accused care!!
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

WT4E

I'd say so - considering what certain elements of the media pushed on to lads who were juveniles which led to a situation which made their life hell.

Club boi

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 26, 2015, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: Sunny Day on November 26, 2015, 01:13:55 PM
I noticed Ardbo released their new 2016 Mgt of Brendan Hurl and Paul Rouse on social media.  I wonder where the fella Kelly has went to?  I suppose there will be big things epected from Ardbo this year again.  Any other news on any further appointments.  Has Errigal & Coalisland been sorted.

Maybe Kelly is taking a break from it all or perhaps Rouse follows the pound coin like a bee to honey.  Another big appointment for Mr Rouse he will hope to back it with some silverware sometime.

No silverware to show but they did come top of the league this year. Does anybody else feel that whoever wins most games should be just giving the trophy!!

tv pundit

Quote from: Club boi on November 27, 2015, 12:56:13 PM
I noticed Ardbo released their new 2016 Mgt of Brendan Hurl and Paul Rouse on social media.  I wonder where the fella Kelly has went to?  I suppose there will be big things epected from Ardbo this year again.  Any other news on any further appointments.  Has Errigal & Coalisland been sorted.

Maybe Kelly is taking a break from it all or perhaps Rouse follows the pound coin like a bee to honey.  Another big appointment for Mr Rouse he will hope to back it with some silverware sometime.

No silverware to show but they did come top of the league this year. Does anybody else feel that whoever wins most games should be just giving the trophy!!
No

Knock Yer Mucker In

Once we have a league that has no starred games, and also that their are up 10 league games played before we play championship, only then would I say go ahead and give it to the team who is top. Then it is a level playing field for all teams and ensuring equity and equality.

The Golden Years

Yes.  Brings me back to '96 when we topped the league by quite a few points and had 6 players on the county panel, yet had to play in the league play offs leading to the infamous battle of Fintona.  The team that tops the league after the 15 games IMO is usually the most consistent through the star and non star games and is there on merit and should be handed the league title.

WT4E

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 27, 2015, 02:52:14 PM

Yes.  Brings me back to '96 when we topped the league by quite a few points and had 6 players on the county panel, yet had to play in the league play offs leading to the infamous battle of Fintona.  The team that tops the league after the 15 games IMO is usually the most consistent through the star and non star games and is there on merit and should be handed the league title.

I don't think many would disput that - the reason there is a top 4 is not to give 2nd 3rd & 4th place a second chance but as a way of keeping teams interested/honest at the end of the league when lower teams could benefit from points being thrown!

tv pundit

Quote from: WT4E on November 27, 2015, 02:56:12 PM

I don't think many would disput that - the reason there is a top 4 is not to give 2nd 3rd & 4th place a second chance but as a way of keeping teams interested/honest at the end of the league when lower teams could benefit from points being thrown!
Lads if a team with no county players finishes top of the league two points clear of a team who had to play 5 starred games without 3 or 4 county players would that be fair

The Golden Years

Quote from: tv pundit on November 27, 2015, 03:04:19 PM

I don't think m

In the same note is it fair if this team finished outside the top 4 due to playing 5 games without their county players?  Just hand the league to the team at the top.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: tv pundit on November 27, 2015, 03:04:19 PM

Lads if a team with no county players finishes top of the league two points clear of a team who had to play 5 starred games without 3 or 4 county players would that be fair

League should reward the most consistent team over the duration of the year. Any other argument is missing the point. Dromore should have been league champions this year. 

vallankumous

No. I found out I won my first league with a phone call on a Sunday evening.
Second from top team got beat by a lower level team which meant they couldn't catch us.
Some difference in winning that way than in a league final.

driveherin

Some of the teamtalk allstar awards are comical..... how is Richie Donnelly not in there?
Be very surprised if it went on the votes as it was supposed to....