Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Mattie Donnelly was outstanding for Trillick yesterday.We couldn't handle him at all.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: time ticking away on April 20, 2015, 12:13:54 AM
How many of the under 21 starters from the Roscommon game played for their clubs less than 24 hours later. According to teamtalkmag, Danny Mc Nulty played for Clonoe. Is Cassidy on a power trip? Did any others play? Trillick got some result if the Brennan's didn't play !
I think Mark Bradley (Sub on Saturday) played as well.

Our man didn't play, and unfortunately it cost us the game.

That's the worry for us. Yesterday and 3 x starred games to be missed. In addition we've a full round of games the day after (1.30pm!) the U21 Final, which might be missed as well. In Div 3 you don't have the luxury of resting players for any games!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Legoman5

Big results for alot of teams esp Trillick away from home to Ardboe!
Pat King wud have been a proud man looking over it!

stpauls

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 20, 2015, 08:17:52 AM
How many of the under 21 starters from the Roscommon game played for their clubs less than 24 hours later. According to teamtalkmag, Danny Mc Nulty played for Clonoe. Is Cassidy on a power trip? Did any others play? Trillick got some result if the Brennan's didn't play !

That's the worry for us. Yesterday and 3 x starred games to be missed. In addition we've a full round of games the day after (1.30pm!) the U21 Final, which might be missed as well. In Div 3 you don't have the luxury of resting players for any games!

Norf, it could have been a loss rather than a draw only for a dodgy umpire! good hard hitting game though!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: stpauls on April 20, 2015, 09:27:52 AM

Norf, it could have been a loss rather than a draw only for a dodgy umpire! good hard hitting game though!

Heard that.

However also heard a fair few calls went against us too!

My point was that the early throw in at 1.30pm was harsh on us I thought. I would've hoped that the availability of Cathal would've tipped the balance for us.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stpauls

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 20, 2015, 10:20:08 AM
Quote from: stpauls on April 20, 2015, 09:27:52 AM

Heard that.

However also heard a fair few calls went against us too!

My point was that the early throw in at 1.30pm was harsh on us I thought. I would've hoped that the availability of Cathal would've tipped the balance for us.

yeah, he wasn't great for either team to be honest. If Cathal had played, I feel the 2 points would have been heading back up the road alright.

WT4E

Kildress went to Cookstown and had a three point win that in fairness flattered the townies - SHould have been alot more - I thought our boys are showing some promise and generally played well for periods of the game.

However Cookstown looked very poor - I thought they would have been much better - Whats going on with the Cookstown team at the minute? Looked like they were missing a few players!

Their U21 (Mullin) played the game as well - Didn't stand out as a county U-21 in this game but to be fair its a big ask to play two hectic enough matches in the space of a day!

everymanaman

Quote from: WT4E on April 20, 2015, 11:49:42 AM
Kildress went to Cookstown and had a three point win that in fairness flattered the townies - SHould have been alot more - I thought our boys are showing some promise and generally played well for periods of the game.

However Cookstown looked very poor - I thought they would have been much better - Whats going on with the Cookstown team at the minute? Looked like they were missing a few players!

Their U21 (Mullin) played the game as well - Didn't stand out as a county U-21 in this game but to be fair its a big ask to play two hectic enough matches in the space of a day!

Using the word 'hectic' to describe a Kildress/Cookstown game. Classic ;D

clarshack

Frank Burns came on in the last 20 mins for Pomeroy against us and made a big difference.

it will take a damn good team to beat Pomeroy this year and i think it will be between them and Derrylaughan for the league.

W.A.G. Lover

Derrylaughan, Edendork, Aghyaran, Pomeroy all sit top of Division2 with full points. I personally cant see any of them teams having the required squad to be sitting on top come the end of 15 games. Division 2 really is a minefield.
Derrylaughan seemed to have a comfortable win v Gortin and Edendork slipped past Galbally and both teams play other this weekend which is a masive game for momentum for both these sides. Cookstown also have to beat Moortown to get the ball rolling which will be a tough one for them.
Aghyaran have surprised me so far, but they have made massive strides under McGinnity the past 2 years. Pomeroy as expected are off to a great start. They have a tough one v the Lough on Saturday but I expect them to win this one if u21s are available!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: clarshack on April 20, 2015, 12:13:40 PM
Frank Burns came on in the last 20 mins for Pomeroy against us and made a big difference.

it will take a damn good team to beat Pomeroy this year and i think it will be between them and Derrylaughan for the league.

Frank Burns very good for the 21's the night before.  Good player.  Could be drafted into the senior setup. 

Man Marker

Why wouldn't the u21s have played yesterday. The u21 team is the county boards responsibility and they had no reservations about expecting those lads to play two games, so why should the club.
BTW was at the Ardboe V Trillick game. Good win for Trillick, hard to see Ardboe doing anything, yer man in charge way over rated on yesterdays performance

redhandloo

The CCC and the county board are two entirely different things with entirely differing agendas.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Man Marker

Understand your point, but both are cut from the same CB cloth so to speak. I don't think any harm has been done yet with the lads playing the league, good luck perhaps and I can understand why the CCC wanted to continue with club football 100%, but for the U21s to be in now the final and the players being expected to play in Saturdays league games is as bad a handling that I have seen in along long time. Infact the chairman of the CCC )cannot see the bigger picture of how winning this title is massively important to the county he should be rail roaded out of the post

redhandloo

Totally agree MM. Winning the under 21 title would be massive for the county going forward. My point is moreover that in fact the ccc seems to provide every obstacle possible. Our club has a game on Saturday and the county minors have a game that morning. Crazy.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!