Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Quote from: WT4E on July 09, 2014, 09:45:43 AM
Quote from: bigtogs link=topic=12.msg1373773#msg1373773 date=14048not62

Bigtogs were you at the under21 game tonight another big win for you's. How do you think Friday night will go Ardboe are a good team very pacy.

yes was at it was a handy enough win fair play to Killdress they played away..... Ardboe on friday night will be a different story could go right to the wire....

Clonoe would be far superior opposition to Kildress however have to say must give credit to Kildress - they were graded in div 2 (which they prob could have won) but insisted they would prefer to be in Div 1 (for development I suppose) and when Moortown dropped out at last minute they got into 1.

I was fearful myself that this could of been a bad call but a couple of good results against Ardboe & Cookstown and a performance against Coalisland will help the lads more than any div 2 game would of.

I'd say it would be another Clonoe v Pomeroy final!
[/quote]
Killdress made a good call in my opinion if they have aspirations of being a senior ckub playing at this level would be very beneficial. .. not every club would have done what they done so fair play to them I seen enoigh last night to see they had a sprinkling of decent player's Clonoe where just too strong for them.... but they battled gamely throughout. ..

Sunny Day

Friday night's Senior Div 1 Reserve Final should be a quality game of football and I would expect plenty of good skill on display.  There can be no argument that Division 1 Reserve football can be as fast flowing and exciting as some division 2 and division 3 senior championship games.  It would be great if some of these Reserve games got a little more exposure.  You will find little or no build up to this game at all, and as far as I know, it's the only Tyrone GAA Men's Club Football game being played this weekend.  You will not find any coverage of it on TeamTalk Mag website or on the Tyrone GAA website which is a real pity for the clubs and especially the young players involved.  What a game it will be,  it's a mixture of youth and experience.  Both their senior teams have at least contested major honours at this level in last few months (Clonoe County Champions sen & res & senior League semi's - Ardbo the League final).  Clonoe have a great reserve team, the experience of Martin Hughes, Damien Campbell, Shane Hagan, Shane McCann with the youth of Rys Quinn, Fintan McClure etc they certainly have the upper hand.  Ardbo should have the experience of quality players Gavin Wylie, Paul Coney, Simon Teague, Tomas Wylie mixed with the minor winners like Peter O'Neill, Kevin Coney etc.  Its sure to be a decent game of football.  It's a real shame there isnt more exposure to this Division 1 County Final.

WT4E

Also: Intermediate Reserve final takes place tomorrow night in Greencastle @ 7.30pm:

Kildress v Loughmacrory

barelegs

I assume the rule has been changed whereby county minors couldn't play in the reserve championship. It's not that long ago from clubs were thrown out of the championship for fielding a county minor!

NDA

Is this under lights man for real?? Some crazy statements. CCC are run by a dictator with no regard for players or clubs. County teams including seniors also treated like sh#te.

hugh the root

Under lights is probably a cross breed between m Kerr Jordan and McLaughlin!a poor mix!

bigtogs

Quote from: NDA on July 09, 2014, 04:28:13 PM
Is this under lights man for real?? Some crazy statements. CCC are run by a dictator with no regard for players or clubs. County teams including seniors also treated like sh#te.

He must be on the ccc or has no involvement at club level to see what really is going on.... or he is winding us up...

Under Lights

I think you's may be mistaking me for 'Christmas Lights'- I speak nothing but sense.

redhandloo

Quote from: bigtogs on July 09, 2014, 04:56:58 PM
Quote from: NDA on July 09, 2014, 04:28:13 PM

He must be on the ccc or has no involvement at club level to see what really is going on.... or he is winding us up...
Has to be. No sane person would try to defend the indefensible.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

twenty one yard free

Under lights  has to be on ccc  or county committee,

twenty one yard free

He may hail from the washing bay

bigtogs

Quote from: twenty one yard free on July 09, 2014, 06:56:58 PM

Washing bay man is behind the "fixtures scene" at the minute he is/was the biggest dictator of all time!!! Makes Kerr look like a kitten....horrible creature altogether!!

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on July 09, 2014, 08:23:37 PM
Quote from: twenty one yard free on July 09, 2014, 06:56:58 PM

Washing bay man is behind the "fixtures scene" at the minute he is/was the biggest dictator of all time!!! Makes Kerr look like a kitten....horrible creature altogether!!

People must think he is a great fella he has been let get away with stuff for years and some of the horrible things he has said.
Is youth fixtures not sorted by an East Tyrone based Antrim man?

winghalfback

Was there a bit of craic at the Moy v Donaghmore match the other night. I heard two sets of management were both from the Clonoe club and a bit of a rumpus happened in the Moy dugout. Any truth?

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on July 09, 2014, 09:15:22 PM
Was there a bit of craic at the Moy v Donaghmore match the other night. I heard two sets of management were both from the Clonoe club and a bit of a rumpus happened in the Moy dugout. Any trut

heard that the other day talking to one of the clonoe men you talk about he laughed it off... Some result for Donaghmore all the same...Think the "rumpus" was between 2 players not management!!