The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Kudos to the Journo for printing Phil Neal's money grabbing w**k, would have been easier to bury it.

quit yo jibbajabba

Unfortunately thats not the first time ive heard a story like that about Phil.....

muppet

MWWSI 2017

redhandloo

No more relevant than it was then but certainly no less.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

From the Bunker

Journalist looking for a story of a former player who has given his view probably a hundred times already about the night. You have to see it from his view - The Journalist looking to rake up old ashes for to fill inches in his weekly column. No doubt Neal comes across pretty bad from the Journalist printing of his conversation with him.

AZOffaly

If it was an interview about Hillsborough would he act like that? (I realise he wasn't at Hillsborough, but you get my point)

J70

Neal just could have said "no comment". As AZ Offaly says, would he have been so crass if Hillsborough had been the topic? As Liverpool captain on that horrific, shameful and tragic night, he should have no problem taking a couple of minutes to comment. He does have a unique story as he was asked to go on the PA and address the crowd to calm things down.

I wasn't aware that Juve fans were so upset with the club's behavior in the aftermath.

I wonder have they taken steps to properly memorialize the victims in the years since the article was published?

From the Bunker

The club today confirmed that members of the squad who were in Brussels that night will attend a small service at the Heysel memorial at Anfield tomorrow morning Club chaplain Rev Bill Bygroves will lead the ceremony, with Phil Neal, who was club captain at Heysel, laying a wreath.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-1985-squad-attend-heysel-5780541

Lecale2

That's a good article in the Gaurdian. Terrible night. Phill Neal doesn't come out of it well.

Armamike

Phil never came across as the sharpest tool in the box.  Remember that fly on the wall documentary on the England team when he was assistant to Graham Taylor. Didn't cover himself in glory there either  'yes boss, no boss....'
That's just, like your opinion man.

From the Bunker

Arsenal's FA Cup final win means they earned a Europa League spot for next season, but seeing as the Gunners are already in the Champions League, the Europa League place was up for grabs.
The rules changed this season, forbidding FA Cup finalists from taking a European place.
That means the final Europa League place is handed to seventh spot in the Premier League which means Southampton are in Europe next term!
The Saints will enter in the third qualifying round. That's also good news for Liverpool who have now avoided qualifying altogether and will join Tottenham in the group stages of the competition.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armamike on May 30, 2015, 01:36:23 PM
Phil never came across as the sharpest tool in the box.  Remember that fly on the wall documentary on the England team when he was assistant to Graham Taylor. Didn't cover himself in glory there either  'yes boss, no boss....'
Do I not like that, do I not like that.

Walter Cronc

Pool in talks with Milner. Would be a good signing!

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 02, 2015, 08:42:48 AM
A little underwhelming Imo,but he is a free agent and will be on some of the wages freed up by Gerrard leaving then it's a no brainer really.
Danny Ings looks a done deal also but that's another signing that's a bit meh imo.
Unfortunately that looks like the level we are at with signings right now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2015, 08:54:27 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 02, 2015, 08:42:48 AM
A little underwhelming Imo,but he is a free agent and will be on some of the wages freed up by Gerrard leaving then it's a no brainer really.
Danny Ings looks a done deal also but that's another signing that's a bit meh imo.
Unfortunately that looks like the level we are at with signings right now.

I'd love Milner at Arsenal myself.

Wouldn't rate that Ings lad overly. Won't exactly inspire the fans.

Could they not have had a punt on Bacca. He's a goal machine.