Ulster Intermediate and Junior Football Championships 2011

Started by DownFanatic, September 22, 2011, 12:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: Shortso79 on November 13, 2011, 01:26:58 PM
Half time

Eire Og 0-2 Derrytresk 0-6

Eire Og down to 14 men

Pity I couldn't get to Casement as I was expecting a lift that didn't materialise.

Nevertheless, 'Mon the Hill and the Shamrocks Today!
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Shortso79

redcard

cullaville 2-08 ballymena 1-11 at full time. Extra time being played at Healy park

FarneyMan

Ulster Club Junior Football Championship Semi Final result
Cremartin 1-8 - 0-4 Burt 

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

aontroim

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Shortso79 on November 13, 2011, 02:08:03 PM
Full time

Eire Og 0-3 Derrytresk 2-12
Eire Og played the game with 14 men from the start, having a man sent off for pretty much nothing. Bit of handbags between him and the full back, just after the ball had been thrown in, the umpire for some reason felt the need to get the ref to send him off! Really poor decision.

That said though, I don't think the result would have been in doubt.

emmetryan

Aye Derrytresk looked the real deal in the second half. Going to be tough for anyone to beat them at that level.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

fitzroyalty

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 15, 2011, 11:41:27 AM
So who would the favorites be for both Intermediate and Junior? Iv seen Derrytresk play and they look strong in the Junior and have seen Craigbane a few times this year, hope they can do it. I am biased being from Derry though.
Culloville have been playing in Division I for the last three/four years in Armagh and have had an extremely unlucky record in Intermediate finals in the county aswell, lost the last few finals as well as semi-finals etc. Don't know a lot about Craigbane but they can't be too shabby either having overcame the Monaghan champs.

Derrytresk were impressive v Eire Og on Sunday though they were up against a 14-man team for the most part who just couldn't adapt to the challenge. I'd imagine Junior football in Tyrone to be a lot stronger than in Armagh so it's hard to gauge. Eire Og were head and shoulders above the other JFC teams in Armagh and look what happened them.

brokencrossbar1

You can't really tell at these 2 levels because of the differing grading system per county. The Blues will be well fit for it and I hope the Ulster Council have the gumption to play both games as part of a double header. There will be a mass exodus from the parish if that was the case.

ONeill

With a Monaghan/Tyrone final in the junior, it's interesting to look at their dominance at this grade.

2002 - Corduff
2004 - Stewartstown (beat Cremartin)
2005 - Monaghan Harps
2006 - Greencastle
2007 - Rock (beat Aughnamullen)
2008 - Drumahowan
2009 - Emyvale
2010 - Corduff (then stripped)

Only Greencastle (beat Kerry) won an All-Ireland out of that lot with Kerry lifting 5 titles.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

pretty sure monaghan harps won it in 2003 when it was an unofficial competition. a cavan team (drumgoon?) won it 2001.
cremartin seem to have a few of the team still playing from when we beat them - names like boyd, carragher, bishop and flanagan all ring a bell.

ONeill

I couldn't find anything on the 2003 final apart from this which may or may not have been the final

It was played on St Patrick's day 2003.

Did Corduff win it 2 years running?

ONeill

ULSTER JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
2002 - Drumgoon V Doohamlet

So it was Drumgoon '02 and Corduff '03.