Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiff breeze

So no relegation from any division ? And all games tomorrow off and re fixed for next Thursday ? Is that the result of tonight ?

Hedgehunter

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 22, 2021, 09:53:51 PM
So no relegation from any division ? And all games tomorrow off and re fixed for next Thursday ? Is that the result of tonight ?

No, any games scheduled for tomorrow go ahead.. Games scheduled for next Friday will be brought forward to Thursday.

Also any Covid postponements will result in a forfeit given the short timeframe before the championship commences.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on July 22, 2021, 09:27:56 PM
County board meeting tonight has given a few surprises.. no relegation this year from division 1 and going back to 12 teams next year.. senior matches start next Thursday night.. obviously starred for u20 panel.. let the chastising begin....

I think everyone should be happy with games going ahead now, clubs cannot get off with bull shit excuses, good luck to all teams

upandwin

Brilliant news. Well done County Board on a good decision. They get enough stick from us when they f**k up so fair play to them on making the right call...

Just a pity no games tonight worth talking about, roll on next week

Smurfy123

Good that the county board made a call and now league matches continue regardless
Credit where it is due
They seem problems may arise and dealt with it
Went to Rostrevor and Mayobridge on Friday night good first 45 then the bridge pulled away final quarter
Rostrevor very much in transition with lots of young lads and I think they may struggle this year without Mooney
What is going on in An Riocht beat by 20 points by Downpatrick? Are Downpatrick really that far ahead of them?

Nanderson

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 25, 2021, 11:01:56 AM
Good that the county board made a call and now league matches continue regardless
Credit where it is due
They seem problems may arise and dealt with it
Went to Rostrevor and Mayobridge on Friday night good first 45 then the bridge pulled away final quarter
Rostrevor very much in transition with lots of young lads and I think they may struggle this year without Mooney
What is going on in An Riocht beat by 20 points by Downpatrick? Are Downpatrick really that far ahead of them?
Kingdom missing 6 starters due to isolation. Only had 3/4 subs with them but looked second best all over the field

charlieTully

Any players I've talked to are totally fucked off. Glorified friendlies was the most used phrase.

stiff breeze

Quote from: charlieTully on July 25, 2021, 07:08:00 PM
Any players I've talked to are totally fucked off. Glorified friendlies was the most used phrase.

I'm unsure as to how this could possibly be true . Any team newly promoted will be delighted as they get a free pass in the division for a year to improve . Any team who normally struggle equally so And for any team with aspirations of a top two finish nothing changes . I'd say this is negativity for negativity's sake

Godsown

Absolutely. Almost unanimous agreement among the clubs. Most players and coaches I've spoken to are delighted to be playing league football. Let's hope Covid gives us a clear run at it

upandwin

Any info on the two Div1 games last week? Heard Mayobridge were mightily impressive all over the park, with Shane Annette, Kevin McClorey and Corey Quinn impressing...Corey racking up 3-6

Rostrevor are a poor enough for Division 1...and when a couple of the old guard call it a day I think they'll struggle massively...they will be thankful of the free pass for another year in Div 1.

Any word on the Kilcoo/Ford game? Expected that to be a tanking tbh...5pts is much closer than most people would've thought...Did Kilcoo have an experimental team out?

Some good games to look forward to over the next few weeks...Burren will be the one to watch this year

charlieTully

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 25, 2021, 08:05:54 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on July 25, 2021, 07:08:00 PM

I'm unsure as to how this could possibly be true . Any team newly promoted will be delighted as they get a free pass in the division for a year to improve . Any team who normally struggle equally so And for any team with aspirations of a top two finish nothing changes . I'd say this is negativity for negativity's sake

Not at all. I'm not a player. I'd have more interest in under age football these days. Just feeding back what's been said to me .

johnnycool

Who are the Society of St Peter?

I see them down for a few underage hurling and football games.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: johnnycool on July 26, 2021, 11:21:21 AM

Do you mean Warrenpoint? Cumann Naomh Peadar

johnnycool

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on July 26, 2021, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 26, 2021, 11:21:21 AM

Do you mean Warrenpoint? Cumann Naomh Peadar

That's probably who it is, but all of a sudden the English version is coming up on the Down fixtures website when it was the Irish version before.

Leftmidfield

It's actually Cumann Pheadair Naofa