Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Wobbler you will find that management team have been with them 3 years ongoing
A very very poor showing last night
Very disheartening after seeing the good work from the 20s
That's all I can say on it

snoopdog

The blame has to be put at the door of coaching . I dont believe Tyrone produce many better footballers than Down do but they are much better prepared.Monaghan a small county are much better coached and prepared than Down. Last years mi ors a prime example, hotly tipped as favourites but looked like they couldnt string a pass together. The U20s have bucked the trend and we can only hope they keep it going for another while. Best of luck to them tomorrow night. Possibly they have a proper coaching team in position.

upandwin

See Loughinisland got an absolute trimming by Rostrevor, what's that about? Haven't heard much from Loughinisland this year at all, have they got lads missing? Rostrevor aren't up to much so that's a bit of a shock result, especially with the game being in Loughinisland...

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on July 28, 2021, 11:52:46 PM
Since 2009 (our last Ulster minor final... correct me if I'm wrong), we've tried just about every type of manager at this level. And (again, correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm not far away), none of them has won more than a single Championship match in a row.

It would kind of suggest that the problems maybe aren't beginning 8-12 weeks before championship.

Some people are quick to judge a setup that has found had it hard to meet due to covid or to organize matches as well.

I look closely at underage and the clubs that are consistently in top tier underage competitions are

Ford
Bredagh
Kilcoo
Carryduff

Burren
Clonduff
Mayobridge
Ballyholland

Start looking at the coaching structures within your own clubs, can something be done by the county to help you? It is very easy to pop the blame at the county board level, though I would like to see more coaching done in the secondary level especially schools like the Red High and Knock, the Red High should be playing McRory football every year with the number of lads that go to it and the clubs that feed them.

Lloyd p

Quote from: upandwin on July 29, 2021, 08:53:54 AM
See Loughinisland got an absolute trimming by Rostrevor, what's that about? Haven't heard much from Loughinisland this year at all, have they got lads missing? Rostrevor aren't up to much so that's a bit of a shock result, especially with the game being in Loughinisland...

Was at the game. Loughinisland missing half their team due to covid/isolating. Will be surprised if the league is completed this year with the way things are going.

Truth hurts

No need to be so negative, the games will be played whether there are people isolating or not.

It would be good for someone in Burren to stream tonight's game for patrons who cannot get and especially ones who are far away.

Lloyd p

Not negative, just looking at it realistically and the situation is getting increasingly worse.

Regarding the underage clubs post there.. Fair to say most of these clubs have the biggest numbers with some able to field 2 or 3 teams at each age group. Impossible in majority of rural clubs. No coincidence there I'm sure. That's not to take away from the work being done by the coaches there though.

upandwin

Chatting to a few of the younger Burren lads on the squad and they're very confident of beating Kilcoo tonight...they said Burren let the Magpies off the hook in Corn an Duin game and they'll not be beaten again this year...

Can't wait to see how that game goes tonight. Lot of hype around the Burren set up this year, McCorry will have them in good order and they're obviously very confident. They see themselves as heavy favourites for the championship too when U20s are back available they'll be hard beat...great to have league underway

Truth hurts

Quote from: Lloyd p on July 29, 2021, 12:53:13 PM
Not negative, just looking at it realistically and the situation is getting increasingly worse.

Regarding the underage clubs post there.. Fair to say most of these clubs have the biggest numbers with some able to field 2 or 3 teams at each age group. Impossible in majority of rural clubs. No coincidence there I'm sure. That's not to take away from the work being done by the coaches there though.
[/quot

Might be a valid point but towns like Downpatrick, Castlewellan, Warrenpoint and  Newry need to producing better underage teams. When these areas done well, we won all Irelands

shagger

Quote from: upandwin on July 29, 2021, 12:56:03 PM
Chatting to a few of the younger Burren lads on the squad and they're very confident of beating Kilcoo tonight...they said Burren let the Magpies off the hook in Corn an Duin game and they'll not be beaten again this year...

Can't wait to see how that game goes tonight. Lot of hype around the Burren set up this year, McCorry will have them in good order and they're obviously very confident. They see themselves as heavy favourites for the championship too when U20s are back available they'll be hard beat...great to have league underway

"They'll not be beaten again this year".....

wobbller

A big task for the selection Committee on getting the right people for our Senior Footballers.Good to see two young ones on board.Don't really see how Barney can be relevant in today's game.

Johnnysboys

[/quote]

That's that quote gone.... Kilcoo got away with murder tonight and as usual Burren didn't have the balls to stand up to them.. two very very defensive teams who try and hit on the break as often as they can. The less said about the referee display the better.. Kilcoo must absolutely love it when they see his name beside their games!!!

befair

Quote from: Johnnysboys on July 29, 2021, 10:08:45 PM

That's that quote gone.... Kilcoo got away with murder tonight and as usual Burren didn't have the balls to stand up to them.. two very very defensive teams who try and hit on the break as often as they can. The less said about the referee display the better.. Kilcoo must absolutely love it when they see his name beside their games!!!
[/quote]

Sure, blame the ref.....

Maurice Moss

Quote from: upandwin on July 29, 2021, 12:56:03 PM

Lol

Johnnysboys

Sure, blame the ref.....
[/quote]

Absolutely not blaming anyone.. but Ronan has history with the magpies!! Like a few others - doesn't want to stand up to them in case he gets the Falloon treatment!!! With only a few games tonight surely he could have had others with him to watch off the ball stuff..
sets our game up for Monday as "interesting"