GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

It is so weird on a Sunday in mid July to have no report from Thurles or the Hyde on the radio and no  footage on telly later in the
evening. By now we shoukd have an idea how good Kerry are and who is shaping up in the hurling.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

SHEEDY

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2020, 02:30:51 PM

I hope this is real lol.
yeah it was at a Down Senior league game between Longstone and Castlewellan.
nil satis nisi optimum

BenDover

Is there many on here involved with club nurseries? How have ye handled the return to play with this group? Are parents allowed to hand around?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: BenDover on July 20, 2020, 01:33:40 PM
Is there many on here involved with club nurseries? How have ye handled the return to play with this group? Are parents allowed to hand around?
They actually have to stay
They complete the health questionnaire for the child so they must accompany them onto the pitch. We get them to hold the child's bottle and stat along the fence or sideline
It's up to them to keep 2m between themselves and other parents

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 20, 2020, 02:06:49 PM
They complete the health questionnaire for the child so they must accompany them onto the pitch. We get them to hold the child's bottle and stat along the fence or sideline

We make them sit in their cars during training. They can put the window down if it's not raining.

sid waddell

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 19, 2020, 12:56:42 PM
Colm O Rourke has changed his tune, realising its causing disruption among after only a few weeks back.
I can't believe Colm O'Rourke was wrong. Flabbergasted, I tells ya.

I see he's blaming "entitlement culture" now as a coping mechanism.

The so called "entitlement culture" he blames is not the one he was pushing, mind.

And down the rabbit hole we go, or rather, Colm goes.

BenDover

Quote from: johnnycool on July 20, 2020, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 20, 2020, 02:06:49 PM

We make them sit in their cars during training. They can put the window down if it's not raining.
grma

clarshack

Quote from: hardstation on July 20, 2020, 09:36:58 AM
First week back, some assholes just can't help themselves.
Tyrone - club allows spectators in and they start a digging match.
Armagh - Player bitten.

Are some people determined to have the whole thing scrapped again?

yes and if it is scrapped again they'll blame everyone but themselves.

LeoMc

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 19, 2020, 01:28:14 PM
Some clubs stopping all activities because of some locals getting it
Good luck if you keep doing that
Shops offices public transport work  etc doesn't shut
Being cautious and careful is one thing being over cautious is another
Club players attending parties etc are only bringing on trouble themselves
Party or play
Can't really do both at the minute
If players wanna play don't party
Some clubs stopping because players have got it.

What about players who get it somewhere other than a party? Maybe their families should not party either!

Eire90

what sort of partying we talking about

LeoMc

Itchy

My club is quite small and we have a lot space around our pitch which is fully fenced off. We allow parent to hang around outside the fence while training is on the pitch. We have put a lot of things in place around where to park, sanistisers etc but at the end of  the day we cant force people to do what we ask. So we have taken the approach that we are giving people guidelines and asking them to follow, if they dont that is on them.

I am not looking forward to having to give out 50 tickets this weekend for a championship match.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Itchy on July 22, 2020, 08:00:48 AM

My club is quite small and we have a lot space around our pitch which is fully fenced off. We allow parent to hang around outside the fence while training is on the pitch. We have put a lot of things in place around where to park, sanistisers etc but at the end of  the day we cant force people to do what we ask. So we have taken the approach that we are giving people guidelines and asking them to follow, if they dont that is on them.

I am not looking forward to having to give out 50 tickets this weekend for a championship match.

How are ye doing it? First come first served or club input?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2020, 08:06:56 AM
Quote from: Itchy on July 22, 2020, 08:00:48 AM

How are ye doing it? First come first served or club input?

Asking people to opt in, if more than 50 we will do a draw. Other issue is kids/teens all expected to buy a ticket too if they want to be one of the 50.