World Police and Fire Games 2013

Started by BenDover, July 30, 2013, 02:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Has anyone any plans to attend any of the events: http://www.2013wpfg.com/ there hasn't been much publicity about this. I was over at the Ice hockey there now free entry and decent entertainment for my lunch break. There's a few of the events on the Titanic slipway next week that are sure to inspire any budding fireman sam's.

NAG1

Quote from: BenDover on July 30, 2013, 02:09:45 PM
Has anyone any plans to attend any of the events: http://www.2013wpfg.com/ there hasn't been much publicity about this. I was over at the Ice hockey there now free entry and decent entertainment for my lunch break. There's a few of the events on the Titanic slipway next week that are sure to inspire any budding fireman sam's.

Never mind about the politics or whatever around this event, I hope it passes off well and shows this part of the world off in a positive light for a change.

brokencrossbar1

The Mountain Biking is happening behind my house, I am looking forward to seeing it, I am not into the bikes but have been at a few events as they are here all the time.  Some crazy falls and serious speeds!

BenDover

I know a few of the boys from the Armagh fire service who are entering into the Cycling road race, handball and playing in the gaa. Bit of a shame there aren't any events in the SW region

johnneycool

Theres a shooting contest down at Balykinlar army barracks I'm being told..

Is there a water cannon contest or a team kettling contest like one man and his dog?

Walter Cronc

armaghniac

QuoteI hope the Toronto cops arent coming!!

If they are, send them up to North Belfast.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theticklemister

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2013, 02:21:29 PM
The Mountain Biking is happening behind my house, I am looking forward to seeing it, I am not into the bikes but have been at a few events as they are here all the time.  Some crazy falls and serious speeds!

Cops cycling in south armagh......

armaghniac

QuoteSome crazy falls and serious speeds!

You could have a version of the old joke. Why are fireman's falls bigger than policeman's falls........

QuoteCops cycling in south armagh......

I think BCB lives among the enemy, rather than in God's own country. Many of us are exiled.

armaghniac

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

QuoteBrilliant! Sad, but brilliant!

As somebody said, only the World Police and Fire Games would have a closing ceremony like that!

Rossfan

Up Ros  ;D

Silver in World Games for Boyle Fire Brigade

Boyle Fire Brigade (aka 'Boyle Moone Boys') have just won Silver in the team event at the World Police & Fire games in Belfast!! They put in brilliant performances today. Heaps of congratulations to Darren O'Flaherty, Brendan Davis, Mark McGovern and Tommy Sheridan. All exceeded their best times from earlier in the week!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Team event for what? Putting out fires?
Naked pool?

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 10, 2013, 08:21:06 PM
Up Ros  ;D

Silver in World Games for Boyle Fire Brigade

Boyle Fire Brigade (aka 'Boyle Moone Boys') have just won Silver in the team event at the World Police & Fire games in Belfast!! They put in brilliant performances today. Heaps of congratulations to Darren O'Flaherty, Brendan Davis, Mark McGovern and Tommy Sheridan. All exceeded their best times from earlier in the week!!

Jaysus, I thought you'd be on the ball and be trumpeting Wardie's gold in the light-heavyweight boxing.

Great achievement for him and, with Denis Bergin getting gold in his class as well, a great week for Loughglynn too. Donal is an All-Ireland winner at boxing do it should come as no surprise he won gold. Very talented all-rounder, he had a trial with a priemer league club in the UK but injuries led to a return to representing Ireland's greatest county in football.

Certainly a good sign that this season's injuries have cleared up.