Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciaran1988

After that successful league campaign for our hurlers it's into championship now and hopefully a good showing against the Dubs. It seems that Darren has settled on the defence but still a few spots in the forward line up for grabs. Be interested to read what would your starting 15 be if it was your choice?

imtommygunn

Molloy mcnaughton
McKenna McManus Bradley
Johnston cunning Clarke

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 14, 2021, 12:30:08 PM
Molloy mcnaughton
McKenna McManus Bradley
Johnston cunning Clarke

Mc Cormack impressed me when he came on more than Bradley
Shan Elliott made a statement as well. Johnston was doing it for me either
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Tormund

Quote from: ciaran1988 on June 14, 2021, 10:43:17 AM
After that successful league campaign for our hurlers it's into championship now and hopefully a good showing against the Dubs. It seems that Darren has settled on the defence but still a few spots in the forward line up for grabs. Be interested to read what would your starting 15 be if it was your choice?
Molloy, McNaughton,
McKenna, McManus, O'Neill,
Clarke, Cunning, Elliott

First attacking subs to bring on, depending how the game is going
Shannon, Johnston, McCann, McCormack, Bradley

What would be yours ciaran1988?

Tormund

Quote from: ciaran1988 on June 13, 2021, 10:43:07 PM
Our group for next years league campaign.
Tipperary, Waterford, Kilkenny, Dublin and winner of Laois v Westmeath relegation game.
Looking forward to it already.
Is that confirmed?
If so thats a tough group, hope we get dublin and laois/westmeath at corrigan

seafoid

Jackie Tyrrell
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/jackie-tyrrell-formidable-galway-the-main-threat-to-limerick-s-crown-1.4596302

"Antrim
The team of the year so far. Two years ago they couldn't get out of Division 2A, finishing behind Westmeath and Kerry. But they have obviously developed well beyond that tier of teams now and they put in a strong league showing, beating Clare and Laois and drawing with Wexford.
Darren Gleeson's charges will fancy a real cut off Dublin next weekend. Neil McManus is their go-to man but Paddy Burke and Niall McKenna are key to them too. Well able to mix the short passing with the long game, they were joint-top goalscorers in 1B.
Nobody will be taking them for granted so they won't have the element of surprise on their side. But Gleeson wouldn't have wanted to rely on that anyway. The next step is a championship victory. Can't be ruled out."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

NAG1

Hearing very concerning reports about a Juvenile being struck by a mentor of the opposing team in Dunloy?

DR are they correct?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2021, 09:49:40 AM
Hearing very concerning reports about a Juvenile being struck by a mentor of the opposing team in Dunloy?

DR are they correct?

Belfast amalgamations have form here

NAG1

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 10:09:14 AM

DR are they correct?

I wouldn't be concerned which club the mentor was involved with, but from what I have heard this was a very serious incident.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2021, 10:11:07 AM

DR are they correct?

I wouldn't be concerned which club the mentor was involved with, but from what I have heard this was a very serious incident.

I heard parent jumped fence . I'd be concerned about some of the amalgamations, less control

NAG1

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 10:15:48 AM

DR are they correct?

I heard parent jumped fence . I'd be concerned about some of the amalgamations, less control

I have heard that as a result of mentor striking a player on the field of play, this caused a row with various people involved.

To me the most concerning aspect is what caused the initial row, child protection issues all over it. Hopefully DR can maybe set the record straight.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2021, 10:25:43 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 18, 2021, 10:15:48 AM

DR are they correct?

I have heard that as a result of mentor striking a player on the field of play, this caused a row with various people involved.

To me the most concerning aspect is what caused the initial row, child protection issues all over it. Hopefully DR can maybe set the record straight.

Sounds messy.
Needs stamped out.

Milltown Row2

Maybe if you PM him rather that airing that stuff on a public forum would be better?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2021, 10:38:41 AM
Maybe if you PM him rather that airing that stuff on a public forum would be better?

Don't see anything wrong with asking on here MR2, it is pretty common knowledge at this point.

Was just asking DR to clarify.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2021, 10:43:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2021, 10:38:41 AM

Don't see anything wrong with asking on here MR2, it is pretty common knowledge at this point.

Was just asking DR to clarify.

I think you'd get a quicker response in fairness..

Anyways things are getting out of hand lately on the sidelines and from some players. Some games are a joy to be part of and others you wonder WTF are you doing!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea