China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Head of the Oxford vaccine group says the fact that you can still catch COVID after vaccination (albeit not as severe) makes herd immunity 'mythical'.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 10, 2021, 08:32:00 PM
Head of the Oxford vaccine group says the fact that you can still catch COVID after vaccination (albeit not as severe) makes herd immunity 'mythical'.

If you can catch it after vaccination than you can also catch it after infection. So the question is how often can you get it? And if you can get it again then what is the proper course of action? Perhaps the thing to do is to beat it down to a low level and then stop it increasing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on August 10, 2021, 09:24:27 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 10, 2021, 08:32:00 PM

If you can catch it after vaccination than you can also catch it after infection. So the question is how often can you get it? And if you can get it again then what is the proper course of action? Perhaps the thing to do is to beat it down to a low level and then stop it increasing.

How long will that take?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Unless the booster jab can be delta proof then it's going to be a shit period!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2021, 10:13:44 PM
Unless the booster jab can be delta proof then it's going to be a shit period!

It is all a question of numbers. If a vaccine is 75% effective at stopping infection, you have still have problems. If a further booster makes it 85 or 90% effective then you might get out of it. Perhaps a couple of infections or an infection after a jab will bring you to 90%.  It is a bit disappointing that we have ended up with such an infectious version.

There is some suggestion now that Moderna does better than Pfizer against Delta. Only about 10% in the 26 counties git Moderna and even less in n the 6 counties

bennydorano

What the future of the pandemic should look like for you, from testing to quarantine

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/future-covid-pandemic-look-you-testing-quarantine-1146092?s=09

Good article in today's I paper. UK (GB) slant but this island is on the same path I suppose.

viperhiggins

If you still wear a mask everywhere some would say you are a sucker and can't make your own decisions.

bennydorano

Well I wouldn't wear it in the shower

Jell 0 Biafra

Me either.  I switch to the snorkel for that. 

Though obviously I wait until I'm inside the sterile ante-chamber prior to switching.

gallsman

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 13, 2021, 03:54:44 PM
If you still wear a mask everywhere some would say you are a sucker and can't make your own decisions.

Twats would say that. Complete twats.

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update. We still seem to a while off the peak and then declining numbers.

12,562 cases  (1943 more than last Sunday)
248 in hospital (40 more than a week ago)
48 in ICU (increase of 17 on last Sunday)

J70

Quote from: viperhiggins on August 13, 2021, 03:54:44 PM

Whereas others would say those that refuse to wear a mask against recommendations are reactionary fools who can't think for themselves and ascribe more authority and credibility to contrarian cranks and Facebook friends than to professionals who dedicate their lives to the study and the practice of medicine and public health.

imtommygunn

Forgetting the science of masks etc quite a number of people are scared by the whole thing. (You could go into the whys and wherefores of this but that's not the point). If someone is scared and believes in wearing masks then it is no more than common courtesy to wear one, in close proximity indoors, around them.

armaghniac

Masks have long been associated with medical environment s where those trained in medicine thought they reduced infection.It isn't too big a step to think that they might help reduce infection in other situations

imtommygunn

Were masks not more commonplace in some Asian countries before this anyway?