American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Thunder just quit in q3. From 13 up to 11 down. Game over. Under pressure instead of fighting back they fought themselves and the refs. Not pretty. Warriors are ridiculous from downtown.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: heganboy on May 31, 2016, 03:53:07 AM
Thunder just quit in q3. From 13 up to 11 down. Game over. Under pressure instead of fighting back they fought themselves and the refs. Not pretty. Warriors are ridiculous from downtown.

And the refs? Seriously? Your going down that route

heganboy

Not sure what your objection is there Portmor, but from about half way through q3 they started yapping and moaning at each other- heads were down, yapped about every call and non call to the refs. Look at when westbrook and curry got called together for the chat. The difference in demeanor and the cajoling of each other by the GSW and the OKC guys bitched each other out at every turn. Westbrook tried to win it on his own, but KD was in and out in the second half. When GSW are on that no center offense its great watching. The D got some great turnovers too. Was surprised to see OKC coming back as much as they did in Q4 but the damage was done by then.

Could be the makings of a great finals series- both teams playing great. Lebron at 6 finals in a row with 2 different teams- thats very very impressive. Can he bring Cleveland their first title this year? The bookies say no, GSW are comfortable favorites, I just don't think it'll be as easy a run as they think...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: heganboy on May 31, 2016, 03:48:52 PM
Not sure what your objection is there Portmor, but from about half way through q3 they started yapping and moaning at each other- heads were down, yapped about every call and non call to the refs. Look at when westbrook and curry got called together for the chat. The difference in demeanor and the cajoling of each other by the GSW and the OKC guys bitched each other out at every turn. Westbrook tried to win it on his own, but KD was in and out in the second half. When GSW are on that no center offense its great watching. The D got some great turnovers too. Was surprised to see OKC coming back as much as they did in Q4 but the damage was done by then.

Could be the makings of a great finals series- both teams playing great. Lebron at 6 finals in a row with 2 different teams- thats very very impressive. Can he bring Cleveland their first title this year? The bookies say no, GSW are comfortable favorites, I just don't think it'll be as easy a run as they think...

Sorry I misread your comment, I thought u meant that OKC had to fight against the refs as well as the Warriors. Finals should be great, could be another game 7 on the cards.

dec

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or the What the F thread.

I went to Yankee Stadium yesterday to watch NYCFC vs Orlando City. David Villa took this penalty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElwepirsVno

Boycey

Quote from: dec on May 31, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

I went to Yankee Stadium yesterday to watch NYCFC vs Orlando City. David Villa took this penalty

I was watching it on Sky, it's right up there in the annals of terrible penalties  ;D

Justice was done by the way as it wasn't a peno. Lampard also got a 'mixed' reception when he came on something I noticed last week too, wonder what that's all about??

Jell 0 Biafra

Prob about the incident after 9/11, when Chelsea players got drunk and messy in a hotel in which some Americans were staying, and the latter took offence.

gawa316

Quote from: heganboy on May 31, 2016, 03:53:07 AM

Yeah I was getting stressed out during the 2nd quarter when OKC were up double figures but they just fell away in the 3rd. I was surprised as well they got back into it but then Curry put them to the sword.

Next up the Cav's, going to be a deadly series. Warriors are slight favorites in my opinion but the Cav's have looked good in the play offs so far, so I'd say it will go at least 6 if not 7.

Oraisteach

Paddy Power has Golden State at 5/12 and the Cavs at 2/1.  Certainly a rough road with four games at the Oracle, but if Armagh can win an All-Ireland, then Cleveland's turn has to come at some time. Maybe this year. GSW are formidable, but this is a stronger Cavs squad than contested last year's championship.  Love can't disappear like he did against the Raptors.  So, emerging from a proud history of losing, I'm hopeful we can shock the favorites, and what a story of redemption for LBJ after the infamous "Decision."

Hound

Quote from: Boycey on May 31, 2016, 08:14:52 PM
Quote from: dec on May 31, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

I was watching it on Sky, it's right up there in the annals of terrible penalties  ;D

Justice was done by the way as it wasn't a peno. Lampard also got a 'mixed' reception when he came on something I noticed last week too, wonder what that's all about??
Lampard is being paid a fortune and has missed a heap of games with niggly injuries and has been very quick to declare himself unavailable for games.
Then in interviews when injured he was talking about getting fit to get a loan deal back in England, rather than getting fit to play with his club.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 31, 2016, 10:55:12 PM
Prob about the incident after 9/11, when Chelsea players got drunk and messy in a hotel in which some Americans were staying, and the latter took offence.

It's not that at all

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/timeline-shows-frank-lampard-the-7948198

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on May 25, 2016, 11:54:33 AM
Personally speaking I would love to see the Cavaliers win the thing, the people of Cleveland are such fantastic fans but have not had a winner in eons.

The only city that cones close is Buffalo in that regard.

Curry and Co are done, their great season means nNothing if they don't kick on and win the title, it also hurts curry in the Jordan conversation.

The best possible combination in the finals is the caves v okc.

What Jordan conversation????

AZOffaly

100 days to NFL Kickoff!

and 95 days to Georgia Tech v Boston College in D'Aviva.

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 01, 2016, 02:36:23 PM
Great read from one of the GOAT

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/2016-6-1-ken-griffey-jr-mariners-best-play-i-ever-made%E2%80%8B/

It's amazing how all these top stars who right for TPT are capable of really good prose, isn't it?  ;)