Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: restorepride on June 18, 2023, 08:30:30 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 18, 2023, 08:28:45 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on June 18, 2023, 07:50:26 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 18, 2023, 07:33:26 PM
Quote from: naka on June 18, 2023, 07:12:36 PM
As good a Sunday as have had in years

Many wondered could we get the last day drama of the NFL in the championship? well today was just like that with plenty of twist and turns plus shock result and it all points to a successful first year of this group format,

RTE missed a trick not showing live league tables.

No kidding,
Marty Morrissey was so locked into his usual geography lessons that the clown forgot to inform folks that if Galway missed the last free Armagh would be top of the group.
he only had five minutes to do it as the Tyrone game was well over due to the injury at the end.
I was wondering why the Armagh crowd were going crazy after the final whistle.
Usual amateur hour stuff by him and RTE.
And he still can't pronounce Maghery correctly!!

I noticed that. I  thought Enda mc ginley was about  to correct him at  one stage , but  maybe he hadn't heard  of maghery before either   ;D

Saffrongael

Quote from: Duine Eile on June 18, 2023, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 18, 2023, 03:49:41 PM
Per Raidio na Gaeltachta McHugh #5 and Comer *14 will not line out for Galway and due to an administrative c*ck up cannot be added to the subs.

Of all the stupid mistakes Galway made today, this had to top the lot. It's going to be Galway Mayo in Salthill next weekend, isn't it! We can't get Tyrone but what's the story with Roscommon? We've played them in Connacht championship but does that matter?

Earlier in championship doesent matter AFAIK, just provincial finalists & already played in group stage
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

Per Raidio na Gaeltachta McHugh #5 and Comer *14 will not line out for Galway and due to an administrative c*ck up cannot be added to the subs.

Of all the stupid mistakes Galway made today, this had to top the lot. It's going to be Galway Mayo in Salthill next weekend, isn't it! We can't get Tyrone but what's the story with Roscommon? We've played them in Connacht championship but does that matter?
I don't think so. I think the restriction applies only to the group stage. So we couldn't play Throne.

restorepride

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2023, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 18, 2023, 08:34:09 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 18, 2023, 06:58:23 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2023, 06:51:45 PM
Anyone claiming Murnin wasn't fouled is talking through their holes. He was exhausted and going nowhere and the defender decided to slap the seem around him from the back anyway.

Rather than Murnin or McQuillan (who tried his level best to get Galway an equaliser) turn your ire on Cooke who decided to play the completely unnecessary ball in the first place or the defender who let it hop over him for Murnin to run onto.

Exactly, McQuillan has been woeful for years and as soon as Armagh scored the free kick to go one up, I nearly knew that he would give Galway another chance. He should be known as The Equaliser as his entire career has been based on bringing the team that is behind back into it. It would have been disgraceful if Galway had scored that last free kick to equalise as he played over a minute and a half added time when there were no stoppages within the 3 minutes injury time. Galway should be looking at why they left Kelly on the field clearly injured for about 3-4 minutes before they replaced him, I had just presumed that they had used up all of their subs when they didn't take off a player clearly not able to walk properly.

Jaysus lads. McKay went in like an utter lunatic. Armagh defenders never learn. When there's a half chance to mel a man they go for it every time.

McQuillan should have blown the game before it but you're right Armagh are really indisciplined in their tackling. There's no other team  near the top even close to them in this regard. It really is a major flaw of theirs and I don't understand why they don't focus on it.
Their game is based on playing on the edge - hard to change that in the dying embers of a game.  Shane Walsh needs a good kick in the h*** - 'show-off' stuff at its worst.  Real notion of himself rather than just tap it over to secure the quarter final place.  A great talent but bigger ego.  He could learn a few things from Seán Ó Ceallaigh.

trueblue1234

Quote from: yellowcard on June 18, 2023, 07:55:17 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 18, 2023, 07:45:13 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 18, 2023, 07:21:17 PM
Tyrone shitting the bed makes it sweeter too. Sliding doors moment's all day.

Tyrone didn't shit any bed. The ref did his best to get Westmeath the win.

If the Westmeath 13 metre free goes over at the death as it really should have done then Tyrone are sent packing. So it was Westmeath who bottled it. But Tyrone have shown yet again just how mediocre they are since winning that All Ireland 2 years ago. Yet a lot of people still seem to be waiting for them to produce a big performance out of nowhere. I think they are simply playing at the level of their capability.

I think most Tyrone supporters know the level they are at, and can't see many expecting an AI in the next couple of years. We've got plenty to be hopeful for in the medium to long term and football is in a healthy state in the county. Stars may have aligned in 2021 and we thankfully made hay. Many teams don't take that opportunity. I fully expect to be knocked out against the first strong team we play in knockout football. I think it's between Kerry, Dublin, Galway and Mayo. The rest of us are just trying to get as far as possible.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bennydorano

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2023, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 18, 2023, 08:34:09 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 18, 2023, 06:58:23 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2023, 06:51:45 PM
Anyone claiming Murnin wasn't fouled is talking through their holes. He was exhausted and going nowhere and the defender decided to slap the seem around him from the back anyway.

Rather than Murnin or McQuillan (who tried his level best to get Galway an equaliser) turn your ire on Cooke who decided to play the completely unnecessary ball in the first place or the defender who let it hop over him for Murnin to run onto.

Exactly, McQuillan has been woeful for years and as soon as Armagh scored the free kick to go one up, I nearly knew that he would give Galway another chance. He should be known as The Equaliser as his entire career has been based on bringing the team that is behind back into it. It would have been disgraceful if Galway had scored that last free kick to equalise as he played over a minute and a half added time when there were no stoppages within the 3 minutes injury time. Galway should be looking at why they left Kelly on the field clearly injured for about 3-4 minutes before they replaced him, I had just presumed that they had used up all of their subs when they didn't take off a player clearly not able to walk properly.

Jaysus lads. McKay went in like an utter lunatic. Armagh defenders never learn. When there's a half chance to mel a man they go for it every time.

McQuillan should have blown the game before it but you're right Armagh are really indisciplined in their tackling. There's no other team  near the top even close to them in this regard. It really is a major flaw of theirs and I don't understand why they don't focus on it.
I'd thought today was McKay's best performance in an Armagh jersey,  but christ I thought he was for the line.

restorepride

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 18, 2023, 08:48:10 PM

If the Westmeath 13 metre free goes over at the death as it really should have done then Tyrone are sent packing. So it was Westmeath who bottled it. But Tyrone have shown yet again just how mediocre they are since winning that All Ireland 2 years ago. Yet a lot of people still seem to be waiting for them to produce a big performance out of nowhere. I think they are simply playing at the level of their capability.

I think most Tyrone supporters know the level they are at, and can't see many expecting an AI in the next couple of years. We've got plenty to be hopeful for in the medium to long term and football is in a healthy state in the county. Stars may have aligned in 2021 and we thankfully made hay. Many teams don't take that opportunity. I fully expect to be knocked out against the first strong team we play in knockout football. I think it's between Kerry, Dublin, Galway and Mayo. The rest of us are just trying to get as far as possible.
Ulster will have a bit say yet.

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: seafoid on June 18, 2023, 08:45:49 PM

I don't think so. I think the restriction applies only to the group stage. So we couldn't play Throne.

Preliminary Quarter-Finals

24-25.06.2023 (Sat/Sun)
(Four Games)

The four second-placed teams from Round 1 shall be drawn to play at home against the four third-placed teams, subject in the first instance to the avoidance of repeat Provincial Final pairings and where possible repeat pairings from Round 1.

Home Venues shall be subject to approval by the Central Competitions Control Committee and shall meet the criteria set down by the National Facilities/Health and Safety Committee.

Serious inability of reading comprehension on this board lately.  Must be sun, thunder, and whatever you lads are drinking!

BrotherMore6592

Tyrone know exactly what to do at the business end of the season.

Don't let one wee blip last year in athletic grounds go to your heads, not that yous would let that happen anyway  ;D  ::)

Massive achievement today for Armagh, what cup was it this time?

BrotherMore6592

Unbelievable scenes, armaghfans Twitter page in overdrive, car horns, McGeeney hugging fans on the pitch, utter elation everywhere .

They should be proud of themselves after a courageous ulster final performance , scraping past Westmeath and "we would have beat Tyrone with 15".

Mental

restorepride

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 18, 2023, 08:54:44 PM
Unbelievable scenes, armaghfans Twitter page in overdrive, car horns, McGeeney hugging fans on the pitch, utter elation everywhere .

They should be proud of themselves after a courageous ulster final performance , scraping past Westmeath and "we would have beat Tyrone with 15".

Mental
All because Shane Walsh needs a staved h***! 

trueblue1234

Quote from: restorepride on June 18, 2023, 08:50:47 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 18, 2023, 08:48:10 PM

Ulster will have a bit say yet.
Derry might. I still think they are a wee bit shy from the top 2-3.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Armagh homecoming plans tomorrow. The team will meet fans at the Carrickdale Hotel at 2pm for a drinks reception. From there they will make their way to Crossmaglen GAC pitch where thousands are expected to be in attendance to greet their heroes. The bus is expected at around 4pm.
In the evening time, the main event of the festivities will be on the Mall in Armagh at 7pm where tens of thousands are expected to gather to see the team on stage with the Finished Top of Group 2 Cup.

restorepride

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 18, 2023, 09:09:06 PM
Armagh homecoming plans tomorrow. The team will meet fans at the Carrickdale Hotel at 2pm for a drinks reception. From there they will make their way to Crossmaglen GAC pitch where thousands are expected to be in attendance to greet their heroes. The bus is expected at around 4pm.
In the evening time, the main event of the festivities will be on the Mall in Armagh at 7pm where tens of thousands are expected to gather to see the team on stage with the Finished Top of Group 2 Cup.
Will Rian be there?  Because if so, he needs protection.

galwayman

We have made it extremely tough for ourselves now.
Today was further proof - as if it were needed - that we are not the same team without Damo.