Cavan v Armagh - Kingspan Breffni Park - Sat, Apr 22, 2023 - 18:30

Started by illdecide, April 12, 2023, 11:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Derryman forever on April 23, 2023, 07:51:56 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 23, 2023, 07:37:16 AM
Cruise control for Armagh, once the goal went in it was game over and it just highlighted the gap in the divisions. But we'll need to be better to beat Derry or Monaghan in a potential Ulster final.

So you give Down or Donegal no chance against Armagh at all?

Honestly no chance. Monaghan or Derry would be a different story though.

Itchy

Quote from: yellowcard on April 23, 2023, 08:38:02 AM
Cruise control for Armagh, once the goal went in it was game over and it just highlighted the gap in the divisions. But we'll need to be better to beat Derry or Monaghan in a potential Ulster final.

It's hard to make any comments on that until we see the game today but I think there is plenty of opportunities to get at Armagh. Cavan were just terrible and couldn't do it. Who knows with Donegal? Down I think are worse than Cavan. Armagh have had a good 1st round win before only to get arrogant and mess up the semi so be interesting to see can they keep a cap on that

yellowcard

Quote from: Itchy on April 23, 2023, 08:58:28 AM

It's hard to make any comments on that until we see the game today but I think there is plenty of opportunities to get at Armagh. Cavan were just terrible and couldn't do it. Who knows with Donegal? Down I think are worse than Cavan. Armagh have had a good 1st round win before only to get arrogant and mess up the semi so be interesting to see can they keep a cap on that

Despite the gap in divisions I think Down will beat Donegal today although all the division 3 sides have been woeful in the championship to date. But I think Donegal are so poor and are in such a mess that Down have a decent chance playing at home. I'm not saying we'll win Ulster but Armagh are well ahead of either of those 2 sides. I'd make Derry favourites to win it though marginally ahead of Monaghan.

Itchy

Quote from: yellowcard on April 23, 2023, 09:04:19 AM

Despite the gap in divisions I think Down will beat Donegal today although all the division 3 sides have been woeful in the championship to date. But I think Donegal are so poor and are in such a mess that Down have a decent chance playing at home. I'm not saying we'll win Ulster but Armagh are well ahead of either of those 2 sides. I'd make Derry favourites to win it though marginally ahead of Monaghan.

Ah yeh, ye would be hot favorites. Im just saying not to beat yourselves getting too ahead of yourselves.

yellowcard

Quote from: Itchy on April 23, 2023, 09:07:56 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 23, 2023, 09:04:19 AM

Ah yeh, ye would be hot favorites. Im just saying not to beat yourselves getting too ahead of yourselves.

I understand what you're saying but as fans we are allowed to get carried away, otherwise what's the point! I don't think the team or management will be getting too carried away though, we're still far from world beaters but if we win Ulster it would represent a great season and everything else would be a bonus after that.

balladmaker

Armagh have beaten poor Antrim and Cavan teams so far, with no disrespect to either counties, neither of them would be considered statement wins for Armagh.

Second half last night when Cavan pushed up on our kick out, we couldn't win a ball.  A more ruthless team would have turned us over in those circumstances.  So a lot still to be worked on before semi next week.  No Armagh supporters should be losing the run of ourselves, yes we can be excited by possibility of a final appearance, but there's another difficult game to be navigated next week.

Armagh18

Quote from: balladmaker on April 23, 2023, 09:56:41 AM
Armagh have beaten poor Antrim and Cavan teams so far, with no disrespect to either counties, neither of them would be considered statement wins for Armagh.

Second half last night when Cavan pushed up on our kick out, we couldn't win a ball.  A more ruthless team would have turned us over in those circumstances.  So a lot still to be worked on before semi next week.  No Armagh supporters should be losing the run of ourselves, yes we can be excited by possibility of a final appearance, but there's another difficult game to be navigated next week.
Yeah we needed to vary that kick out, lumping it just wasn't working.

yellowcard

The game was effectively over once we scored the goal. Certainly not losing the run of ourselves as most people are aware that there is a big difference in beating division 3 sides but we can only beat what's in front of us and we were comfortable in both games so far. Plus we were playing much better football than during the League, kicking it a lot more and whilst the second half wasn't great we did post a great score in the opening 35 minutes in those conditions. Turbitt has delivered on all the promise we thought he had and he can help take some of the focus off Rian O'Neill.

naka

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 23, 2023, 10:11:05 AM

Yeah we needed to vary that kick out, lumping it just wasn't working.
I get why they limped it as being at the game the weather was atrocious , I walked across the pitch and indeed it was very sandy and soggy so why take the chance with a short kick out and lose it close to goal.
My complaint is the constant attempts at flicking it on, it worked once and once only.

seafoid

Geezer is probably aiming for the team to peak for the round Robin, if not the Ulster final.

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on April 23, 2023, 11:33:23 AM

Geezer is probably aiming for the team to peak for the round Robin, if not the Ulster final.

See I think that's ridiculous and I don't believe it's true. Who are Armagh to turn their noses up at an Ulster title. They've won nothing since 2008, I've no doubt the plan is to win ulster and after that is bonus territory.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on April 23, 2023, 11:42:00 AM

See I think that's ridiculous and I don't believe it's true. Who are Armagh to turn their noses up at an Ulster title. They've won nothing since 2008, I've no doubt the plan is to win ulster and after that is bonus territory.

Ciaran McKeever has mentioned it twice. If he is pushing the narrative that ulsrer doesn't matter he needs to be got rid of from the coaching team ASAP

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 23, 2023, 11:52:09 AM

Ciaran McKeever has mentioned it twice. If he is pushing the narrative that ulsrer doesn't matter he needs to be got rid of from the coaching team ASAP

Maybe his version of mind games. I saw Armagh lads doing a lot of fist pumping and back slapping after the game yesterday, it really mattered to the players to win that game

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Itchy on April 23, 2023, 11:53:40 AM

Maybe his version of mind games. I saw Armagh lads doing a lot of fist pumping and back slapping after the game yesterday, it really mattered to the players to win that game

Possibly winning 2 ulster games in a row for the first time in 15 years had something to do with that.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on April 23, 2023, 11:53:40 AM

Could well be mine games. I didn't make the game yesterday as I was in Manchester so glad to hear about that.
Re the square ball. He was def in the square when he palmed it in. Haven't seen anything to determine one way or the other I'd he was there before the ball was played tho